BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Window Part 4

Yes he has said that. But saying 'We want a marquee signing' is not the same as 'We want to buy Riquelme'. Its a Venky's PR moment if they come out and specify a big name and then fail to do anything in order to get that name. That is not what is happening here and isnt, by the sounds of things, what went on with Ronaldinho.

According to Steve Kean there will be NO marquee signing in this window,i wasn't specifically talking about Riquelme,although i think he would be an unbelievable signing.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Come off it Balaji Rao is his own worst enemy have you forgotten he promised a so called big name will be arriving at ewood very soon,his words not an agents.

Actually his words were 'pretty soon', not 'very soon'. That isn't me being pedantic, there actually is a difference in meaning.

According to Steve Kean there will be NO marquee signing in this window,i wasn't specifically talking about Riquelme,although i think he would be an unbelievable signing.

Kean is being fed the same old bullsh1t that we are. He needs to learn how to duck leading questions.

Kean's interview with talksport basically confirms we should forget about seeing Riquelme or Adam in a rovers shirt.if Larsson or Formica don't sign then the words PR stunt will be rolled out again and rightfully so in my opinion.

The PR STUNT which they havent spoken about you mean?! :rolleyes:

Come off it Balaji Rao is his own worst enemy have you forgotten he promised a so called big name will be arriving at ewood very soon,his words not an agents.

You may want to check the interview again - sky made the article sound like this month, the original quotes said summer I think.

Satisfying a few Brum fans too.

47er, i am genuinely disappointed for you. You were so pro takeover and you seem gutted about the way things have turned out. Not taking the p1ss. For someone who argued so vehemently for it, i think its a real shame that you're not enjoying the experience.

Guest linganzi

A few things in point form without prejudice that come to mind, in no order.

Charlie Adam is overpriced and holloway isn't managing the situation well.

Barry rao is a bit of a dreamer

The old trust gave us nothing to think about that was positive

Most exciting window for a while

Pretty crazy to have bid for ronaldinho

Riquelme was not our shout , but an agent.

The potential formica deal is odd

I wonder if roque can repeat his last form here? The good stuff.

If cahill is worth 20 m what for Chris ?

Mrs d was right, it should not cost too much

My opinion is apart from the antics of the crazy brother vh group are doing exactly what they said, and I don't mind that. We already have a decent January, formica larrson and a Barcelona boy or two is even better.

Everything for now seems brighter so let's see, my only worry is jw qnd his position but to be controversial I don't think he has been as pro active as possible. Jump on a plane with keano.

Was Mrs d not visiting today ?

The Argentinian journos are going mad all of a sudden about Formica. Looks according to this chap:

http://twitter.com/#!/Golaco365

Like an agreement has already been made between the clubs and/or the third party owners, and he's en route to Blackburn, Lancashire for a medical/sign contract.

http://twitter.com/#!/canob

That guy seems to be in the know too, and he's saying that Blackburn refused to cover him for dental care, which is why the deal has/almost fell through... kinda bloody weird!

The Argentinian journos are going mad all of a sudden about Formica. Looks according to this chap:

http://twitter.com/#!/Golaco365

Like an agreement has already been made between the clubs and/or the third party owners, and he's en route to Blackburn, Lancashire for a medical/sign contract.

http://twitter.com/#!/canob

That guy seems to be in the know too, and he's saying that Blackburn refused to cover him for dental care, which is why the deal has/almost fell through... kinda bloody weird!

So the only reason he is signing is so that we will cover for his wisdom teeth to be removed, and he can get those brand new shiney veneers he's had his heart set on.

A few things in point form without prejudice that come to mind, in no order.

Charlie Adam is overpriced and holloway isn't managing the situation well.

Barry rao is a bit of a dreamer

The old trust gave us nothing to think about that was positive

Most exciting window for a while

Pretty crazy to have bid for ronaldinho

Riquelme was not our shout , but an agent.

The potential formica deal is odd

I wonder if roque can repeat his last form here? The good stuff.

If cahill is worth 20 m what for Chris ?

Mrs d was right, it should not cost too much

My opinion is apart from the antics of the crazy brother vh group are doing exactly what they said, and I don't mind that. We already have a decent January, formica larrson and a Barcelona boy or two is even better.

Everything for now seems brighter so let's see, my only worry is jw qnd his position but to be controversial I don't think he has been as pro active as possible. Jump on a plane with keano.

Was Mrs d not visiting today ?

If only you had posted this at 11 o'clock last night, it would have been so much better than what we got. :lol:

So the only reason he is signing is so that we will cover for his wisdom teeth to be removed, and he can get those brand new shiney veneers he's had his heart set on.

To be fair he looks like he's got a fair pair of gnashers on him! Don't blame him!

Venky's out.

DENTAL PLAN! Formica needs braces. DENTAL PLAN! Formica needs braces. DENTAL PLAN! Formica needs braces...

MrBurns.jpg

Sort of 11 o'clocker.

LARSSON...has asked for a move...Birmingham have rejected his request...but he is on the way out of the door now...wants to go to Rovers...so bids will go in over the enxt few days before the window...but they will be less by the day/week.

ADAM...Villa have put in a bigger off and seem to think the price will be £6 million...starting to hear Liverpool may have a go which would test Holloway who said they were an 'exception' and he might sell to them...that would make things interesting...Rovers waiting to see what the price is.

SAMBA...contract talks have begun and certain other issues are being resolved behind the scenes...could see him signing a deal and staying...this was always just about money...to be fair, if Rovers want £10 million for him perhaps he is worth an extra sweetener in his pay packer to cover all that petrol money for his cars.

N'ZOGBIA...bonus ball for the Sunderland lurkers...been an inquiry...Wigan want £12 million.

It is still a rather silly window at times.

No news on FORMICA but that has to be watched or RIQUELME which I suspect doesn't.

47er, i am genuinely disappointed for you. You were so pro takeover and you seem gutted about the way things have turned out. Not taking the p1ss. For someone who argued so vehemently for it, i think its a real shame that you're not enjoying the experience.

Not so. Wouldn't go back to the Trust for anything. I am excited about the future once Venky's get the hang of it. People are right to compare this transfer window with previous ones whatever the hype and conclude we are on the up.

Things could be so simpler though if the owners took advice from those who know the Premier League. For example Ireland to Newcastle on loan------we would have died for that once. That's the way to do it. Forget the glitz and glamour and sign down-to-earth professional players not has-been media stars. Build gradually--forget about making a splash world-wide. Its making us look stupid.

I'm convinced Venkys are committed to success and will get it right in the end. Till then I'll be guarded in my optimism unlike a few on here have become apologists for everything they say and do.

Your's was a sincere post and I've done my best to do it justice.

Pressed the wrong button 11 o'clocker.

LARSSON...asked for a move...been rejected...Rovers will no doubt bid again...but it will be less by the day/week/

ADAM...Villa up to £4 million, they think Blackpool want £6 million...starting to hear genuine Liverpool interest in him...that would test Holloway who said they were an 'exception to his 'won't sell rule...that would be interesting...Rovers waiting for price to be fixed before taking a view.

SAMBA...talks about a new deal have begun...this was always about cash...to be fair, if Rovers want £10 million for him maybe he is worth a small rise...to pay for the petrol in all of those cars.

N'ZOGBIA...the bonus ball for Sunderland lurkers...made an inuriy...quoted £12 million...all the best with that one.

Waiting on word on peculiar FORMICA deal...not holding breath for the lovely RIQUELME chap.

All of this new money does attract some odd agents.

Archived