BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Window Part 4

Wheater joins Bolton for £2.3 million (possibly rising to £3.8 million).

Hell of a signing for Bolton at that price. I bet he's worth at least double that by the summer.

Extremely shrewd piece of business and Nicko advises fee even lower. Once Cahill sold for £15m+, all clubs know you have a bit of dosh and up goes the price!

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is your mate close to signing anyone else?

Vela or SWP maybe?

Trying. But a lot of clubs after the same players right now. Still two Prem loans. I think he will fill those two gaps.

Nicko,

I just wondering, don't you guys talk to each other in Mirror ?

No.

Said this previously, Harry Harris has been pretty accurate on his reporting regarding Rovers since Venky's etc have been involved.

Blackburn Rovers will not be signing Boca Juniors midfielder Juan Roman Riquelme, ESPNsoccernet sources have revealed, but they are closing in on Birmingham City's Sebastian Larsson.

At a guess he has good contacts close to the club now (know his articles are similar to the ones that have been in the Mirror however Harris has been fairly committal on certain subjects).

Sorry but that piece for Harry Harris is just a joke.

Read the piece in the LT that he refers to, and then read the Harris article.

Like many of his ilk Harry Harris is just using this as another chance to hav a poke at Rovers. Please don't try and hold him up to me as somebody we should trust. Whether or not this deal comes off we should still be treated with respect in the media.

Blackburn haven't said they are signing Riquelme. Riquelme's agent Barry McIntosh has said: “I have spoken with Jerome Anderson, who is doing a lot of work for Blackburn Rovers, about Riquelme and it is being thought about. He could prove a great alternative to Ronaldinho, but there is nothing definite yet.”

The agent approached the club. The agent wants to make a deal happen, one would guess this would be with his clients consent?

As for needing less expensive, quality players McIntosh is also playing a role in Rovers’ potential signing of exciting Argentine midfielder Mauro Formica, with the 22-year-old reported to be ready to travel to England for talks. McIntosh said, “I did offer this player to Jerome Anderson for Blackburn Rovers also.

I understand he and his South American representatives are on their way to England to talk. It would have to be a permanent move as West Ham tried to sign him on loan before and that was flatly refused.

He is one of the hottest players on the scene in South America at the moment.”

Manager Steve Kean has already spoken about wanting to bring ‘development players to the club’, as well as more solid domestic signings, and Formica would fit that mould.

Newell's Old Boys general manager Gustavo Dezotti has claimed a deal is close and even told the local media “Agreements are in place,” he said when asked about Rovers. “Of course verbal agreements must be finalised and until that happens we cannot say the deal is done.”

All this information is to be found in the Lancashire Evening Telegraph article that is referred to. Some very lazy, biased and unprofessional journalism going on here.

Doubt every word that Mr. Harry Harris puts his name to.

Skybet have got my winnings when he becomes "permanent manager" and trust me I dont make a habit of winning, so cough up chaps! :D

Ahh I see fair enough.. regretting not putting some money on that myself. Surely they should have considered him 'permanent' when he signed the initial deal? Might not have been long term but was still permanent. This extra 2 years makes it more permanent but a 6 month contract still classifies as a permanent manager in my eyes. Seems like that's roughly the time a manager would be in charge anyway these days if some had their way.

Sky Bet hasn't even got odds on us getting Charlie Adam, curses.

Noticed that earlier, but like Nicko says we haven't played our hand yet.

IMO, forget the "marquee" jobs and get Charlie boy in.

anderson is there to do all the complex negotiating. we dont need steve kean doing any of this stuff until its gets to the stage where he needs to talk with the player in question.

Kean shouldn't be involved at all. The chairman should be doing all the number crunching, then if the player needs convincing the manager can talk to them,

Really down to Birmingham City. Their pride may not allow them to take the fee just now. The link with Villa came from Birmingham City yesterday, so they are clinging to the hope of an auction.

I think you can safely rule out Birmingham accepting any offer from Villa and I would doubt the player would be interested in joining them either. The rivalry is pretty intense.

Really down to Birmingham City. Their pride may not allow them to take the fee just now. The link with Villa came from Birmingham City yesterday, so they are clinging to the hope of an auction.

My Swedish chum also tells me that Larsson is NOT with the agent Karlsson [Kentaro] any more. But with someone else [not sure if the guy is with Kentaro but probably is].

Either way I expect him to sign at some stage.

A cert for summer. A probable for the end of the window. A big ask for Sunday.

For Bobby G.

For once nicko and my sources are in agreement. :)

However, it still doesn't get us our first permanent new transfer since Goulon.

Noticed that earlier, but like Nicko says we haven't played our hand yet.

IMO, forget the "marquee" jobs and get Charlie boy in.

Totally in agreement with this. Get the squad sorted to last us 'till the end of the season, then look about getting a marquee signing in the summer. If we ended up with Adam and Larsson aswell as RSC and Jones i would be extremely happy, they would deffinately get us to the end of the season ending is a good position. Then in the summer we can concentrate on a marquee signing and bringing in promising youngsters. Jan transfer window is always a difficult one anyway, but i for one am really happy with the way it's going, really don't understand the moaners on here. If the trust were still in charge this window would probably be as dire as the last one and we really would of ended up with the likes of Kris Boyd.. if that! Wouldn't be surprised if it was no one and we had to 'manage' until the end of the season.

There should be a prize for the 500th post saying 'Jan transfer window is always a difficult one anyway'. I agree.. but the amount of repetition on this board is ridiculous. There should be a separate thread locked except for rumours with some actual truth behind them i.e. knowing an agent or something where 11 o'clockers can be posted without 30 pages in between of nonsense. Obviously I don't have to read it but I do enjoy the debate about the players. It would just be nice to have separate threads so if there is any new news coming out it's easy to find it in a sparse thread rather than logging onto here having to look through a huge number of pages to find out the new British law behind work permits or something.

There should be a prize for the 500th post saying 'Jan transfer window is always a difficult one anyway'. I agree.. but the amount of repetition on this board is ridiculous. There should be a separate thread locked except for rumours with some actual truth behind them i.e. knowing an agent or something where 11 o'clockers can be posted without 30 pages in between of nonsense. Obviously I don't have to read it but I do enjoy the debate about the players. It would just be nice to have separate threads so if there is any new news coming out it's easy to find it in a sparse thread rather than logging onto here having to look through a huge number of pages to find out the new British law behind work permits or something.

Like this one? :rolleyes:http://www.brfcs.co.uk/mb/index.php/topic/23977-transfer-digest-and-links-january-2011/

I'm assuming your request would be for this then. :rolleyes:

I think potential signings should be kept quiet from now on! The Ronaldiniho/Beckham now Riquelme stories are making us look a little silly!

Is Larsson at brockhall today? Had a msg saying he was!

To be fair the owners they havent said anything about Riquelme. Its all agent and papertalk atm.

Wheater joins Bolton for £2.3 million (possibly rising to £3.8 million).

Hell of a signing for Bolton at that price. I bet he's worth at least double that by the summer.

Very disappointing losing out or not even being linked with this guy when we are chasing Johnny foreigners.

Extremely disappointing so far this windoww with just the two loanees, think Rovers are losing their focus with our new puppet manager.

Very disappointing losing out or not even being linked with this guy when we are chasing Johnny foreigners.

Extremely disappointing so far this windoww with just the two loanees, think Rovers are losing their focus with our new puppet manager.

And Larsson about to happen. SSRI Jal...

Archived