BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Window Part 4

Mirror quote regarding Formica (Spelling?)

"The attacking midfielder, 22, is heading for Rovers in a complicated transaction that would see him join Serbian giants Red Star Belgrade and then be ‘leased’ to Blackburn".

What the smeg is that all about!

Something weird where he's Red Star's player but on loan to us and that way if he doesn't perform there's no harm done but if he does we can sign him in summer. Will probably have a fee agreed with Red Star I'd imagine.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"The attacking midfielder, 22, is heading for Rovers in a complicated transaction that would see him join Serbian giants Red Star Belgrade and then be ‘leased’ to Blackburn".

I hope we're not trying to exploit any possible loopholes in the "Third Party Ownership" rule, and then ending up being docked 15 points due to this being a de facto third party ownership arrangement :unsure:

Edit: In no way am I implying that this in fact is the case, I just hope we won't end up regretting doing this deal. Mods - feel free to edit or delete this post if the content is deemed inappropriate

Something weird where he's Red Star's player but on loan to us and that way if he doesn't perform there's no harm done but if he does we can sign him in summer. Will probably have a fee agreed with Red Star I'd imagine.

More like if he doesn't perform, Red star offload him onto us.

Otherwise, what's in it for Red Star?

Is this a similar scenario to Alex of Chelsea, where they bought him, and loaned him to a European club (somewhere in Holland I think) - they got the benefit of him and tried to buy him from Chelsea

It stinks but I advise against discussing it.

Sun on Larsson

News we should be keeping tabs with...

Aston Villa are ready to let unwanted midfielder Stephen Ireland join Newcastle on loan and are preparing a third, improved £4m bid for Blackpool playmaker Charlie Adam.

Full story: Daily Mirror

Schalke 04 midfielder Ivan Rakitic is being chased by Manchester United, Tottenham Hotspur, Bolton Wanderers and Everton. The Croatian will be out of contract in the summer.

Full story: sport.co.uk

VENKYS want a marquee signing?? Here's two that will get you MASSIVE exposure in Asia.

Keisuke Honda's agent is to discuss the Japan international's future with Premier League clubs. Liverpool are leading the hunt for the CSKA Moscow midfielder but Arsenal and Aston Villa are also interested.

Manchester United have been warned off a summer move for Japanese star Shinji Kagawa, with Borussia Dortmund valuing him at £20m.

Full story: talkSPORT

I can't get my head around the Formica deal. Why don't we just loan him directly? If he performs in the PL his asking price will increase by a lot, but there's no potential re-sale value for us. Maybe that's the deal, take it or leave it. Still think we either buy him outright or loan him with a set price in the summer, if not then no deal.

News we should be keeping tabs with...

Aston Villa are ready to let unwanted midfielder Stephen Ireland join Newcastle on loan and are preparing a third, improved £4m bid for Blackpool playmaker Charlie Adam.

Full story: Daily Mirror

Schalke 04 midfielder Ivan Rakitic is being chased by Manchester United, Tottenham Hotspur, Bolton Wanderers and Everton. The Croatian will be out of contract in the summer.

VENKYS want a marquee signing?? Here's two that will get you MASSIVE exposure in Asia.

Keisuke Honda's agent is to discuss the Japan international's future with Premier League clubs. Liverpool are leading the hunt for the CSKA Moscow midfielder but Arsenal and Aston Villa are also interested.

Manchester United have been warned off a summer move for Japanese star Shinji Kagawa, with Borussia Dortmund valuing him at £20m.

Full story: talkSPORT

Hughesy I agree completely. If we want talent + PR, then someone like Honda. Problem is everyone else will be over it too and we couldnt compete, hence unless our league position is in the European places, its unlikely we can go for today's "names".

On a side-note, Chimbonda is tweeting "stressing about my future" and "life is not easy".

Whilst there have been lots of positive happenings in this transfer window for Rovers, I do feel that the younger players are the way forward, especially Formica and the young Barcelona player, these are the way forward and the route Arsenal have taken. I look at Keans comments and the way he wants to play, it appears as though Arsenal are his role model and a quick passing game seems to be te objective, if this is the case, Barcelona youngsters will be brilliant aquisitions, they have a strong work ethic and all know how to pass a football, maybe a role for Salgado at the club with regards to coaching and player recruitment from Spain, who appear to be light years ahead of us in coaching and development of players.

I can't get my head around the Formica deal. Why don't we just loan him directly? If he performs in the PL his asking price will increase by a lot, but there's no potential re-sale value for us. Maybe that's the deal, take it or leave it. Still think we either buy him outright or loan him with a set price in the summer, if not then no deal.

Because Newell's needs to money right now.

So if it's not a third party rules bending, then a) we don't have the money to buy him or B) it's a risk sharing deal with Red Star: they'll make the initial purchase, and if he cuts the mustard at PL, we'll pay them the original sum + finders fee.

B) it's a risk sharing deal with Red Star: they'll make the initial purchase, and if he cuts the mustard at PL, we'll pay them the original sum + finders fee.

That's the only way I can see it making sense. I'm sure there have been similar deals done involving PL clubs in recent memory... Although not so recent that I can remember who.

Whilst there have been lots of positive happenings in this transfer window for Rovers, I do feel that the younger players are the way forward, especially Formica and the young Barcelona player, these are the way forward and the route Arsenal have taken. I look at Keans comments and the way he wants to play, it appears as though Arsenal are his role model and a quick passing game seems to be te objective, if this is the case, Barcelona youngsters will be brilliant aquisitions, they have a strong work ethic and all know how to pass a football, maybe a role for Salgado at the club with regards to coaching and player recruitment from Spain, who appear to be light years ahead of us in coaching and development of players.

agreed. exciting times if we get them all!

I have to admit that the LT story that quotes McIntosh offering players to Rovers solely via Anderson made me shiver.

its how the football transfer market works.

anderson is there to do all the complex negotiating. we dont need steve kean doing any of this stuff until its gets to the stage where he needs to talk with the player in question.

Hughesy I agree completely. If we want talent + PR, then someone like Honda. Problem is everyone else will be over it too and we couldnt compete, hence unless our league position is in the European places, its unlikely we can go for today's "names".

Depends what we offer as to whether or not we could compete….offer Honda the Ronaldinho deal, it would blow everyone else out of the water and show we mean business.

The key for us is to find a potential marketing star who is willing to buy into the dream of making this club MASSIVE in other countries….its difficult to get them into buying into an idea, rather than just to sign for a club already at the top – but that’s what we have to try and do.

Because Newell's needs to money right now.

So if it's not a third party rules bending, then a) we don't have the money to buy him or B) it's a risk sharing deal with Red Star: they'll make the initial purchase, and if he cuts the mustard at PL, we'll pay them the original sum + finders fee.

So basically Red Star only get a small sum for acting out the role as the good Samaritan?

its how the football transfer market works.

anderson is there to do all the complex negotiating. we dont need steve kean doing any of this stuff until its gets to the stage where he needs to talk with the player in question.

Does Anderson have some official role at the club or is he still just "offering his help"? I wonder how all the other clubs survive without having an agent between the other agents and the club.

So basically Red Star only get a small sum for acting out the role as the good Samaritan?

For the sake of argument, imagine Red Star would pay Newell's £2M now - which no other club would be willing to do. And we'll agree with Red Star that we'll pay a loan fee of £500k + his wages for the rest of the season, including a fixed price for, let's say, £3,5M should we want him permanently. If he fails, we would have paid only £500k instead of £2M and Red Star can loan/sell him to someone else. If he's a success, we'll pay the £3,5M and Red Star gets a £2M profit.

Edit: So Red Star (or whoever is financing the move there) is confident that they'll get profit (£2M+) out of him in one way or another. And we get the loan deal we wanted. And Newell gets the £2M they need.

I am reliably informed that The Venkys group are set to stun the football world with another Marque signing. Sources close the Pune outift have been in close liason with Steve Kean, and I can exclusively reveal that Blackburn Rovers are set to sign none other than Paul Gascoigne on a six month pay as you play basis.

Gascoigne, 43, who's only recent football involvement was with Northern Counties outfit Garforth Town FC, has links with poultry giants Venky Hatcheries going back to 2010 when he did some marketing work for them in the Raul Moat gun seige. He was commisioned by Venkys director Venkatesh Rao to promote a new brand of super chicken, which was GM bred to bring a more peaceful and compliant outlook to regular consumers of the meat it provides. Unfortunately for both Gascoigne and Venkys, Paul got very drunk and gave Moat the wrong chicken, leading to the crazed gunman turning his weapon on himself. Since then the two parties have been looking for a project for them to work together on again, and Mr Rao sees Blackburn as the ideal opportunity to bring the former world superstar back into the Premier league.

Mr Gascoigne was unable to comment at the moment as The Dunston Excelsoir club have placed a media blackout on all it's members until this weekends 5s and 3s tournament is completed.

For the sake of argument, imagine Red Star would pay Newell's £2M now - which no other club would be willing to do. And we'll agree with Red Star that we'll pay a loan fee of £500k + his wages for the rest of the season, including a fixed price for, let's say, £3,5M should we want him permanently. If he fails, we would have paid only £500k instead of £2M and Red Star can loan/sell him to someone else. If he's a success, we'll pay the £3,5M and Red Star gets a £2M profit.

Edit: So Red Star (or whoever is financing the move there) is confident that they'll get profit (£2M+) out of him in one way or another. And we get the loan deal we wanted. And Newell gets the £2M they need.

I'm not sure about this. Seems a bit too sensible. Bloody agents.

I much preferred the old model when we would just cough up the money, like £7m for Grabbi. That's the proper way. Brown envelopes and all that.

I am reliably informed that The Venkys group are set to stun the football world with another Marque signing. Sources close the Pune outift have been in close liason with Steve Kean, and I can exclusively reveal that Blackburn Rovers are set to sign none other than Paul Gascoigne on a six month pay as you play basis.

Gascoigne, 43, who's only recent football involvement was with Northern Counties outfit Garforth Town FC, has links with poultry giants Venky Hatcheries going back to 2010 when he did some marketing work for them in the Raul Moat gun seige. He was commisioned by Venkys director Venkatesh Rao to promote a new brand of super chicken, which was GM bred to bring a more peaceful and compliant outlook to regular consumers of the meat it provides. Unfortunately for both Gascoigne and Venkys, Paul got very drunk and gave Moat the wrong chicken, leading to the crazed gunman turning his weapon on himself. Since then the two parties have been looking for a project for them to work together on again, and Mr Rao sees Blackburn as the ideal opportunity to bring the former world superstar back into the Premier league.

Mr Gascoigne was unable to comment at the moment as The Dunston Excelsoir club have placed a media blackout on all it's members until this weekends 5s and 3s tournament is completed.

HAha, had me going there!

:D Quality!

Archived