BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Window Part 4

Not a negative take on things here, as this transfer window on the whole has been a pretty positive experience for me so far, but...

It's all well and good us loaning this players wether good or bad at Rover's, but I am concerned at the lack of stability that we may experience as a football team.

If leasing players is the economic model that Venkys wish to apply to the team that it's hardly going to maintain a solid foundation / platform for us to be based on is it?

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LT story this morning:

Meanwhile Barcelona youngster Ruben Rochina is understood to still be on Rovers’ radar as they look to secure the signing of the 19-year-old striker.

Sources close to Barcelona also insist Rovers are trying to sign Barcelona midfielder Victor Vazquez on loan, although his agent claims there has been no contact.

Unless there are fees set up in these loan deals then if the players do well their value will rise and also other clubs will come in for them.

Some media outlets were reporting that we have a 4 million pound fee agreed with City for Roque in the summer, if we want him.

Some media outlets were reporting that we have a 4 million pound fee agreed with City for Roque in the summer, if we want him.

It would be interesting if there are in fact permanent future fees within the Cruz/Jones deals - the loan system can obviously work very well if we have first refusal etc.

I can't believe that anybody would complain about the loan deals.

Worst situations: Player doesn't settle/perform and gets sent back to parent club with Rovers having only picked up the tab for the wages for the duration. Rovers not stuck with drain on wage bill (a la Grabbi/Davies/Ward/Grella/etc) and even if we were relegated, we're not stuck with big earning underachievers.

Best situations: Player plays well, makes an impression and builds rapport with fans. Pre-agreement means Rovers have first refusal at an agreed price. Rovers benefit.

Not complaining just interested to know how they have been structured - not going to lose sleep over it! Sometimes they say with a view to a permanent move etc (when a loan deal is announced).

If/when Larsson joins the quality within our midfield (sqaud wise) is already getting better, also taking into account our injured players coming back.

So money will be made, but neither Rovers or Venkys will benefit? I don't see your point.

He means the bloke that must have shagged his wife and burnt his house down will be makings pots of cash, Jerome Anderson. He's still on his one man mission to bore the pants of everyone on the board.

I think loan deals are more common to Rovers this window because it is too early to splash the cash, and January is a really bad month. Loans are perfect. Then in the summer we will see the real strategy I think. I bet the goal now is just to get as high up as possible. Maybe even Europe. Then build.

What sort of Fee would Honda command? if within Venkys limits surely worth a look. Shirt sales in Japan would go crazy?

It seems to me that Venky's Market is clearly South America though. Hence Maradona, Ronaldinho, Riquelme, Roque Santa Cruz, and the other younger Argentinian lads all being linked. And a Portuguese speaking manager.

I have to admit that the LT story that quotes McIntosh offering players to Rovers solely via Anderson made me shiver.

Why does it make you shiver ? how does that affect us fans, simply, it doesn`t really so why get bothered by it ? We are still using other agents and middle man - Jermaine Jones, RSC for example.

For us fans we should be excited that we are getting players put forward, it is then up to the manager and club to take those forward.

Not having a dig at you Budha, I just don`t get all this negativity towards Anderson and SEM/Kentaro - if they help get quality in to our club that improve our team, and the football then as a staunch rovers fan, I`m excited and happy about it, the same way as if it was Agent x and y who were doign the same

I can clearly see a strategy here where money will be made and it will not be for Rovers.

I'm not sure what you're getting at with that one, to be honest (though I'm sure SEM/ Kentaro would be picking up fees for arranging a few of the loans).

My point was that even so, if this loaning strategy can get us up the table for relatively little outlay in the next season and a half then we'll have extra prize money, be attracting more sponsership and TV appearences etc., gates will be up, and the club will have a higher profile.

If it works (and I'll admit its a sizeable if) the surely the club will be able to spend more on better players down the line?

Why, what difference does it make to you ? how does that affect us fans, simply, it doesn`t really so why get bothered by it ? We are still using other agents and middle man - Jermaine Jones, RSC for example.

For us fans we should be excited that we are getting players put forward, it is then up to the manager and club to take those forward.

Not having a dig at you Budha, I just don`t get all this negativity towards Anderson and SEM/Kentaro - if they help get quality in to our club that improve our team, and the football then as a staunch rovers fan, I`m excited and happy about it, the same way as if it was Agent x and y who were doign the same

And how do we know what it affects and what it doesn't affect? We (still) have a chairman who's been dealing with the agents and clubs in the past, who is rumored to be very respected in those circles. According to the rumors Anderson isn't exactly loved by all other agents and clubs, so his presence might limit our options if other agents or clubs won't deal with him. Not even talking about his conflict of interest of being an agent and "acting chairman" in the same time. I'm not saying this should concern all, but it concerns me.

Probably because nowadays £24 million only gets you Darren Bent.

If the model is to buy talented youth players, get experienced players on loan and have the odd marquee signing then I am happy with that.

I dont know....Joleon Lescott was a bargain at £24m. :rock:

I wonder how much Arteta would cost. Everton seem to have gone stale

Chimbonda is set to be released by the Premier League club – but the former Tottenham player is haggling over a pay-off deal from Ewood Park, and is not expected to be ready in time for Rangers to play Coventry City at home on Sunday.

So we are paying off his contract and then allowing him to move on free or was he moving for £500k as the other sites have been reporting? Probably paying his contract off so that he agrees to leave - and then he can take the "pay-cut".

My view on it is that none of us truly know the internal workings of the club when it comes to signing players. I doubt it is solely Anderson. So maybe, since none of us do actually know about it, we should shut up speculating and conspiring negativity.

We are making progress this transfer window and this hasn't been the case in many previous ones.

Mirror quote regarding Formica (Spelling?)

"The attacking midfielder, 22, is heading for Rovers in a complicated transaction that would see him join Serbian giants Red Star Belgrade and then be ‘leased’ to Blackburn".

What the smeg is that all about!

From the LT about Formica...with quotes

McIntosh who helped rovers sign Villanueva "I did offer this player to Jerome Anderson for Blackburn Rovers. I understand he & his south american reps are on their way to England to talk. IT WOULD BE A PERMANENT MOVE as West have tried to sign him on loan before and taht was flatly refused.

He is one of the hottest players on the scene in South America at the moment".

The LT also confirm the £500k Larsson bid is in, which they believe will be accepted after some negotiating....Brum would rather take something, than nothing in the summer.

Archived