BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Window Part 4

Yep same agent...he offered him to Philips mate (dont forget he's an agency so could tout him anywhere)....who has then put the idea forward to Rovers.

Hear that this one may struggle to get off the ground anyway so wouldnt get all excited by Riquelme just yet anyway..

More in the LT tomorrow about it.

If that's the case why did 'people in the know' make such a big deal out of it.according to brfcs our reps have already met his reps.can you tell us what your source has said?

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You are getting into very deep muddy waters there. If Rovers pay for a player to go to another club we would have no legal right over his registration. Therefore they could turn around at any point and take him away.

Depends who holds the rights....Rovers pay £3.2m for the loan, SEM buy the player & register him with Red Star, then at the end SEM transfer his rights to us perhaps? Who knows how it would work, but I wouldnt put it past agents, or russians....

If that's the case why did 'people in the know' make such a big deal out of it.according to brfcs our reps have already met his reps.can you tell us what your source has said?

LT have been talking to his agent - so know he's been offered. Thats about it!

Nobody has said we will sign him for definite......give the story time to unravel

Depends who holds the rights....Rovers pay £3.2m for the loan, SEM buy the player & register him with Red Star, then at the end SEM transfer his rights to us perhaps? Who knows how it would work, but I wouldnt put it past agents, or russians....

That sounds dodgy, like Tevez Dodgy.

Plus I think they are Serbian :P

I feel like we're missing something. Riquelme... Marquee signing? Personally, i wouldn't of thought it would be, great player none the less. Although opinions may differ. Also, it was mentioned it would significantly beat our record transfer fee, that would be £8m, what we bought A.Cole for right? There's no way we would/should buy Riquelme for anywhere near that price. Is there another player WE have actually approached, not been offered to us by agents, who would fit the bill of £8m+?

I said 15 pages ago that I wouldn't be happy if it was Riquelme. He would however obviously stroll into our team. As long as this fantasy stuff doesn't affect getting the young guys in, NOT ON LOANS!

I'm more concerned about the Formica fella, what the bloody hell is going on here? Why is Mrs D so into these bloody loans?

Stinks to high heaven.

Hmm, i wonder if the Formica deal could be due structured as we lending RSB the money (at below market interest rates) to buy him and in return, they loan him to us with an option to purchase. That way, we'll get a player "on trial" and if it works out, we can then buy him and if it don't, RSB will get a player they're interested in but did not have the money to buy anyway.

Sounds like a win-win for all as long as it's not against any premier league or UEFA rules.

I said 15 pages ago that I wouldn't be happy if it was Riquelme. He would however obviously stroll into our team. As long as this fantasy stuff doesn't affect getting the young guys in, NOT ON LOANS!

I'm more concerned about the Formica fella, what the bloody hell is going on here? Why is Mrs D so into these bloody loans?

Stinks to high heaven.

I remember one particular interview with Mrs. Desai, when Venky's were on the verge of buying the club, where she specifically mentions the possibility of loaning players v. buying them. It is interesting and also has the potential to get a little shady.

I feel like we're missing something. Riquelme... Marquee signing? Personally, i wouldn't of thought it would be, great player none the less. Although opinions may differ. Also, it was mentioned it would significantly beat our record transfer fee, that would be £8m, what we bought A.Cole for right? There's no way we would/should buy Riquelme for anywhere near that price. Is there another player WE have actually approached, not been offered to us by agents, who would fit the bill of £8m+?

Well from the way I read what BPF said re: the breaking of a transfer record - it wasn't about this specific bit of news, but was something that he understood we would be willing to do if the right player was available. That doesn't at all imply that Riquelme was or is going to break the record. Surely it is quite obvious to anyone with any amount of knowledge that we wouldn't pay £8million or more for a 33 year old who has played 2 games all season. Get a grip man.

And when did Venky's say that this would be a marquee signing anyway? You're just going off of what random people are saying on here. Stop getting so worked up.

Personally, I feel that this was way too hyped up by Glenn, who should have been much more careful with his words - but he knew what he was doing. People got their expectations way too high, but I am sure there will be more good news to come, as a few others have mentioned, there are more developments going on behind the scenes.

If the model is to buy talented youth players, get experienced players on loan and have the odd marquee signing then I am happy with that.

Ditto. It's the only model which makes financial sense in the crazy world of the EPL.

On the issue of transfers/loans, Venkys have been very sensible and cautious but (IMO) effective. RSC and Jermaine Jones are nothing the sneeze at. And if the rumor mill is to believed, others will be coming in before the end of the month. As Rovers' supporters we should be ecstatic. We haven't seen this kind of movement in years.

On the issue of movement, it appears that Villa have upped their bid tp 4 million for Adam. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1348724/Villa-bid-4m-Charlie-Adam-hints-wants-leave-Blackpool.html?ITO=1490 Hopefully, a bid will be accepted soon so we can match it and see if we can bag him. He'd improve our squad.

On the issue of Larson, we have (allegedly) reached an (alleged) 800,000 agreement to sign him from Birmingham. http://www.goal.com/en/news/9/england/2011/01/19/2313414/exclusive-sebastian-larsson-on-verge-of-completing-800000-switch-

On the issue of our continued efforts to free up space on the wage bill, Goulon is apparently off to Almeira on loan. http://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/almeria-chasing-blackburn-midfielder-goulon-1396751

On that same point, Chimbonda is allegedly off to Ipswich Town. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1348725/Pascal-Chimbonda-join-Ipswich-turning-QPR-move.html?ITO=1490 Good riddance, I say.

Brown wants to move on. http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_6673728,00.html

Others have already commented on the possibility of Riquelme. http://footballblog.co.uk/riquelme-offered-blackburn-rovers.html Personally, I think this would be good for the Rovers, Venkys and Riquelme. He still has the ability, IMO, and its a win-win in the short term. I'd buy the home shirt with his name on it. B)

On the issue of allegedly big names, Japanese striker Honda is being offered around PL clubs. http://www.sport.co.uk/news/Football/49351/Agent_Honda_meetings_confirmed_.aspx Maybe we should consider this in lieu of Riquelme? Or is VEnkys fixated on South Americans?

On more practical, but still positive prospects, Rovers are in for Formica at 4 million (euros) but not Vazquez. http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/blackburnrovers/news/8797978.Blackburn_Rovers_in_frame_for_Formica/?ref=rss

That's about it. All in all, exciting times. I really think we might hit the top 8 this season. B)

Personally, I feel that this was way too hyped up by Glenn, who should have been much more careful with his words - but he knew what he was doing. People got their expectations way too high, but I am sure there will be more good news to come, as a few others have mentioned, there are more developments going on behind the scenes.

Sorry Glenn, but I concur completely. This was a bit of a (perhaps accidental) windup by you & BPF. Short of someone like Messi being offered a wage so ridiculous by Venky's that neither of the Mans, the Spanish Super 2 nor Chelsea would match, there's no way we'll get in anyone who'd inspire instant "Venky's love" in the majority of BRFC supporters. Please save the hyperbole for those targets and bits of information worthy of some. That goes for you too Alan. ;):D

Oh get a grip! Last season we were linked with the wind, this season we at lesat being linked with good players that really should excite us. But no, we dont want Riquelme, but majority wanted Ronaldinho who is slightly younger than JRR. Its people who have never followed his career, that are moaning. So many are having orgasms, after watching youtube videos of Vasquez and Formica. Try and go and find some Youtube videos of Riquelme, and then make your mind up.

Yes he may not be the same player these days, but again the buzz and what his signature would mean to us as a club, would be brilliant.

Kean to young superstar Brazilian: "would you like to sign for Rovers"

Young Brazilian:" who plays there"

Kean:"Riquelme and Salgado"

Young Brazilian:"accept"

The attraction for future young players, would be an easy decision to make to join. We need to move away from this negative mentality, when its clear that we will get some talented youngsters in as well. You just cannot ignore experience and class.

Oh get a grip! Last season we were linked with the wind, this season we at lesat being linked with good players that really should excite us. But no, we dont want Riquelme, but majority wanted Ronaldinho who is slightly younger than JRR. Its people who have never followed his career, that are moaning. So many are having orgasms, after watching youtube videos of Vasquez and Formica. Try and go and find some Youtube videos of Riquelme, and then make your mind up.

Yes he may not be the same player these days, but again the buzz and what his signature would mean to us as a club, would be brilliant.

The attraction for future young players, would be an easy decision to make to join. We need to move away from this negative mentality, when its clear that we will get some talented youngsters in as well. You just cannot ignore experience and class.

Young Brazilian:" who are they"

Is more likely to happen.

Yes we play in a very good league but we don't win the league we are not in the Champions league. That's why it was so annoying when Guti wanted to come but we could not get the money together. Maybe if Venkeys had been around it would have been possible. But alas we will never know.

Look, if loans this season (and possibly next) get us up the table then the quality of the players we will be able to sign permanently will also increase.

We'll have more money too.

I don't think its a bad strategy, short term - if we're still doing it in the season after next and its not working then I'll slate the strategy.

Look, if loans this season (and possibly next) get us up the table then the quality of the players we will be able to sign permanently will also increase.

We'll have more money too.

I don't think its a bad strategy, short term - if we're still doing it in the season after next and its not working then I'll slate the strategy.

I can clearly see a strategy here where money will be made and it will not be for Rovers.

I can clearly see a strategy here where money will be made and it will not be for Rovers.

Ok.

But on the way of making money for venkys, do you see any positives at all? Look at what Rovers have done this windonw, and what we used to do. Why all the negativity ALL the time? I don't get your point anymore.

Ok.

But on the way of making money for venkys, do you see any positives at all? Look at what Rovers have done this windonw, and what we used to do. Why all the negativity ALL the time? I don't get your point anymore.

Venky's won't make any/much money out of it either.

Archived