BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Window Part 4

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think people are getting fed up with hearing a lot of top players linked to Rovers but nothing actually happening.

Indeed. Of course, one shouldn't actually buy into something being peddled about on a messageboard - but, how silly of me, I occasionally entertain the idea that rational supporters above the age of 18 wouldn't go spewing old pony about for nothing.

It's bloody annoying.

Oh ffs....to bad this isn't called the "transfer rumour" thread! This is fun if you ask me and gets me excited. Call me stupid or whatnot but I prefer positive intentions to dreading who we have to sell to keep the boat afloat. With the lack of excting games in january (ok...I'm actually excited for the Brom game but that's me..) this torrent of rumours makes my heart turn all blue and white. Call me naive, but at least we're not West Ham - or Liverpool - or Wolves etc etc....or Liverpool! Enjoy the ride for what it's worth and let's see where we are come feb 1st :rover:

Nicko, has Whelan changed his head over Nzogbia? According Sky Wigan would let him go if top6 team came on him. Decent player but also a bad apple.

There will be an added bonus on that. But not Rovers-related.

nothing new on Formica, nicko?

The lad was due in Belgrade today...but we shall see.

Adam not going anywhere? Heard Holloway on Radio and is also here http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/b/blackpool/9355579.stm Surely at this point in time he wouldn't want to make himself look silly by saying this and then a few days later Adam leaves B'pool?

The fat lady has not sung on that one...quite complex.

Seemingly, Villa have upped their bid for Adam to £4m.

Having paid c£6m for Makoun with add-ons rising to £9m and £18m for Bent rising to £24m, would suggest that they are simply taking the p1ss with Blackpool.

Also, hope that we are as aggressive in our selling as Spuds - Levy wants £13.9m for Pav and supposedly £8m now for Keane. Leaves them 'a bit' of room for manoeuvre. Whoever negotiates player sales at Rovers these days, please take note of 'market' values and extracting your pound of flesh!

Seemingly, Villa have upped their bid for Adam to £4m.

Having paid c£6m for Makoun with add-ons rising to £9m and £18m for Bent rising to £24m, would suggest that they are simply taking the p1ss with Blackpool.

Also, hope that we are as aggressive in our selling as Spuds - Levy wants £13.9m for Pav and supposedly £8m now for Keane. Leaves them 'a bit' of room for manoeuvre. Whoever negotiates player sales at Rovers these days, please take note of 'market' values and extracting your pound of flesh!

Spurs always seem to inflate the price of players they want rid of. Goes against what Redknapp has stated in the past that his fringe players are to good not to be playing, and they need to move on to another club to get first team football. How can they when they are priced out of the market? Seem to remeber reading they would want £9m for Kranjcar, and they only paid around £3m for him.

There will be some news on Larsson, Adam and Samba later.

Just by what SK has said on Talksport is that Samba has been offer a new contract. He also said that Adam is on the list but no bid in yet. said nothing about Larsson tho. so hopefully he will be signing by next week.

Also said that we WONT be making a marquee signing this window but most likely in the summer.

here the talksport twitter page has what kean said http://twitter.com/#!/talkSPORTDrive

or here is his interview with them http://www.talksport.co.uk/radio/drivetime/blog/2011-01-20/kean-we-want-make-marquee-signing-summer

I asked the guy why formica had broken down, this was the response “@MundoAlbicelest: @dhughes07 Nowadays there are far too many hands involved in every transfer from Argentina. Biz men cd buy him and send him to River Plate.” “@MundoAlbicelest: @dhughes07 Reports on Argentine TV didn't say the move has collapsed but it is in a stalemate.” “@MundoAlbicelest: RT @Joel_Richards: @MundoAlbicelest yes and no - Dezotti just said there is no problem (re FORMICA) just taking time / FYI @dhughes07” a few tweets there but you get the picture.

People on here are so gullible. It's all a load of old pony what's said on this board.

I take it all with a pinch of salt until they are holding the blue and white shirt in their dirty little paws.

Unfortunately for you the stuff on this forum has pretty much come off so far, in terms of Santa Cruz (Kamy) and JJ. The Ronaldinho stuff was largely from Venky's. I agree with your point however, you have to be wary about which stories to have faith in. Normally the lesser ones are the ones which come off, Larsson (hopefully).

Archived