BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Shirt Sponsors ?

ewoodpo

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It will most likely be Venky's. I suspect it will be an easy way round the financial fair play rules if they can sponsor the club what they need to break even.

Ok just read the article, I would have thought that would have been what Venky's wanted

It will most likely be Venky's. I suspect it will be an easy way round the financial fair play rules if they can sponsor the club what they need to break even.

Ok just read the article, I would have thought that would have been what Venky's wanted

Surely it would be more financially profitable for Venky's to get somebody else to throw millions at the shirt sponsorship, especially in a country where they have no outlets.

I agree with you on that 100% but my initial gut reaction to Venky's is that they are publicity hungry so that would have been a tick in the box for them.

As for my initial argument on financial fair play, are someone like Crown Paints going to provide the necessary increase in sponsorship to increase turnover which we will obviously need to do to do with our increased wage spend?

I'm not trying to be anti Venkys here but I think it's important whilst appreciating the steps forward we are taking in terms of player recruitment etc, we still need to ask questions on financing and future happenings regarding the rules governing finance. We have the hindsight to see what went wrong elsewhere as do Venkys, sponsorship of clubs could be a way of bending these rules in future which could lead to all sorts of benefits and problems.

Surely it would be more financially profitable for Venky's to get somebody else to throw millions at the shirt sponsorship, especially in a country where they have no outlets.

If that would be the case, they wouldn't have the pitch side advertising they have either

• Backroom

I hope it's not crown, I think the box looks crap on the kit.

All comes down to money though but id be surprised if we were aiming for a big money foreign one seeing as Kentaro sort this kind of thing.

• Backroom

rather that than the Venkys logo though.

I think i've seen a mock up of it on the net somewhere, perhaps on here? anyway it looked daft.

I thought it looked much better than the big black box personally, each to their own though.

I think Kentaro sorted the Chang deal for Everton which is quite lucrative isn't it? Cobra please.

I thought it looked much better than the big black box personally, each to their own though.

I think Kentaro sorted the Chang deal for Everton which is quite lucrative isn't it? Cobra please.

Yeah the black box isn't the most attractive one we've had, i've always wanted us to do a red one with no box in a similar fashion to the 2008-2009 navy away kit as i still like the logo.

Have to agree with you on the Cobra sponsor, would be awesome. B)

I think if they did bring in a marquee signing they would rather that person be holding a shirt with Venkys slapped across it than anything else.

I would be happy to buy a shirt with Venkys on, supporting the club and supporting the owners. Makes sense to me.

317_venkys_rovers.jpg

Seriously you guys need to wake up when you are talking about Asia.

Do you think that Rovers are always on Asian TV?

Well they are in Thailand as they get every game live. As an example let me show this weekends TV on the true network (Think Sky for Thailand) here in Thailand

True Sports 1 Wolves v Liverpool(Early Kick Off) Man Utd v Birmingham(3pm Kick off) Villa V Man City

True Sports 2 Newcastle v Tottenham

True Sports 3 Arsenal v Wigan

True Sports 4 Fulham v Stoke City

True Sports 5 Everton v West Ham

True Sports 6 Blackpool v Sunderland

True Sports 1 Extra

True Sports HD Wolves v Liverpool (Early Kick Off) Man Utd v Birmingham(3pm kick off) Villa V Man City

So as you can see every game on is shown, example above is the Saturday game. But the vast majority of people will not change the channel and watch true sport 1. They do get all the goals on the Thai news. Also the Champions League and Europe League are shown live on terrestrial TV but the times are horrible due to the time difference.

Now we are lucky as Rovers is the only game on TV on Sunday so the game will be shown all over Asia so that would be interesting to a Worldwide Sponsor like Vodafone at Man U was or as Samsung is at Chelsea.

Now in the rest of asia the picture is very difference. Normally they have 1 or 2 channels showing the games and that is it. I am sure one of our Australian Supporters can fill us in as to how much Rovers are on TV?

Now on to India which is Venkey's home market they only get the Premier League on 1 channel ESPN Star Sports. EPL TV India They are only showing this Saturday Liverpool, Man U and City on ESPN and Arsenal on StarSports. So that is what Rovers are up against. They do show the highlights of the other games between the live games but I am sure you will agree that is the Rovers game was on Saturday there is no way it would be picked above the 3 being shown.

This explains why Venkey's want a marque signing but again it will take at least 2 of them to get on TV. Sure if we have Ronaldinho and Beckham we would be on TV most weeks ever if we were bottom of the league. But again I think we would be the 5th team after the BIG 4. What Venkey's want to achieve will take time and lots money.

So before people star saying yeah but millions watch us on TV in Asia the reality is very difference. Sure millions could watch us if we are on.

Cheers

BKR

Archived