BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bobby Mimms

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Your link doesn't work. This link does work http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/mimms-ewood-future-in-doubt-2207607.html#

This is bad news for rovers and Paul Robinson who has vastly improve under the Bobby Mimms.

Bobby Mimms was a really good goalkeeper for us.

Come on kean, give him a new contarct you muppet!!!

Oh dear I had heard about this and hoped it wouldn't break into the public domain.

Is it a case of sweeping all the old guard out? I hope not because there can be no doubting that Robinson has really recovered his form under Mimms' tutelage.

Getting a bit fed up now with all of this that's going on at Rovers, I am all for change (if it is for good) but a lot of the change we are witnessing at the moment doesn't seem to be making any sense or good...

I hope it's all part of some great, wonderful, master plan that keeps us up in the top 10, but I have this nagging doubt constantly in the back of my head that it isn't.

;-(

Similar stories in two quality papers.

What the hell is going on ?

Mimms, by all accounts, is an excellent goalkeeping coach and Robinson has thrived under him. If Bobby goes, Robbo could become unsettled.

Kenny is a very shrewd judge and if he rates Mimms then that says it all.

Whoever makes decisions at Ewood these days needs to sort this out and quick, although suspect that the damage may have been done.

Beyond belief that this has probably arisen due to a fraction of the cost of what Roberts has got, or any of the others, on a new contract.

It's no major surprise that new contracts haven't been handed out given our new assistant only has a summer deal and some people have doubts about Kean too.

No surprise Kenny is getting a few familiar faces around and you have to admit that Liverpool would be a bigger pull both in terms of squad and club size.

Hopefully we can head off the interest and get him tied to a new deal. Although there is no proof he wants to stay over a move to Liverpool.

Is it a case of sweeping all the old guard out? I hope not because there can be no doubting that Robinson has really recovered his form under Mimms' tutelage.

I don't think it is that at all. Unfortunately staff contracts can be overlooked at times, it isn't like FM when you get a reminder. Had JW been utilised I doubt it would happen, but when you freeze him out things like this will happen.

It would be good to keep hold of Mimms.

You hear about a lot of stuff once the news has finally been broken Phil.

So if I'd posted it at 5pm yesterday you would have said I was stirring it and demanded evidence!

I had hoped that Rovers would have moved quickly to secure their key staff when they decided to go with Kean longer term- some were, some weren't as yet.

Of course had the story not then reached the public domain I would then have been accused of making things up and having zero credibility because an issue had been handled before it got out of hand. Well I am sorry to disappoint people but there was an incipient players' revolt when Sam was fired but it got handled before too much damage was done. The players were not communicated with properly because the Venky's were too busy clipping JW's wings and you can probably relate who have received (sometimes unexpected) new contract deals (with the exception of Roberts) to where there may have been issues.

No doubt the next goalkeeping coach will be some non league keeper who is a yes man to Venkys etc, this seems to be the norm and I am sick to the teeth of this regime already, my feelings for the club owners diminish with every move these people make, not sound judgement either, hopefully someone will get them with a 'legal' somewhere and then they can bugger off to where they came!! ;)

Following the Kean/Jensen appointments, you would hope if we have to appoint a new goalkeeping coach, we pick the best man for the job.

Dont hold your breath John, we have a good one now, if Kean cant see it he can turn the lights off on the way out for me, why are this amatuer outfit trying to run a football club?

The loss of one good man (Mimms- and he hasn't gone) to Liverpool is liveable with but losing four of the best at producing results in tough circumstances in rapid succession cannot be good for the club.

It is worth remembering that as well as renewing Robbo's career, he has guided Kane and Fielding to England age group representative honours (and Fielding even got onto the senior bench for England!). So Bobby clearly has track record as a top, top coach.

So if I'd posted it at 5pm yesterday you would have said I was stirring it and demanded evidence!

I had hoped that Rovers would have moved quickly to secure their key staff when they decided to go with Kean longer term- some were, some weren't as yet.

Of course had the story not then reached the public domain I would then have been accused of making things up and having zero credibility because an issue had been handled before it got out of hand. Well I am sorry to disappoint people but there was an incipient players' revolt when Sam was fired but it got handled before too much damage was done. The players were not communicated with properly because the Venky's were too busy clipping JW's wings and you can probably relate who have received (sometimes unexpected) new contract deals (with the exception of Roberts) to where there may have been issues.

If you'd posted this story before it happened, I'd have said "bloody hell he does have some inside knowledge after all". But of course you didn't........

Sam spoke very highly of the work done by the coaching staff recently on Sky, stating that Robbos confidence was shattered when he arrived and when Sam took over it was about rebuilding that confidence, Mimms no doubt has the qualities that the Raos need if their model is to turn Rovers into a nursery for other clubs.

A must keep IMO.

Sam spoke very highly of the work done by the coaching staff recently on Sky, stating that Robbos confidence was shattered when he arrived and when Sam took over it was about rebuilding that confidence, Mimms no doubt has the qualities that the Raos need if their model is to turn Rovers into a nursery for other clubs.

A must keep IMO.

and if they replace Mimms with Flowers?

Now that's an upgrade.

I've no problem with Bobby Mimms at all and hope he stays but not sure Robbo is quite as attached to him as has been suggested.

I seem to remember Eric Steele being Robbo's mentor and worked with him before Bobby came in. Right up to the point when P*** I*** swapped him for Danny Simpson. :angry2:

Archived