BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Phil Jones

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Good news but a bit odd as he signed a deal not long ago and hasn't really played since Venkys came in. I'm more concerned with a contract for Hoilett but that should be forthcoming as it seems everyone with a squad number will be getting one the way they are being handed out :P

Just when I begin to strongly doubt our new owners they do something prudent and sensible which causes me to doubt my doubts. :wacko:

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Blackburn-Rovers-persuade-Chelsea-and-Arsenal-target-Phil-Jones-to-sign-a-new-deal-at-Ewood-Park-article697677.html

Good news. :tu:

That is good news on the outside. But by signing PJ to a long term contract haven't Venky's simply raised his value since he's tied up for a few years? I know I know I know, shut up, right? I 'd love to see Phil Jones stay home, flower into the England captain and raise cups here in Ewood Pk.... but I'm dubious.

One comment on that link: When did 'Hellboy' sign for for Stoke?

This is great news for rovers, the fans and it seems that all key players are signing new contracts. So they seem to like the onwer's plans for the club and what direction we are going in.

AND MOST IMPORTANT has anybody thought that maybe PJ doesn't want to leave rovers and stay here for the rest of his career. he is a massive rovers fan. I don't understand why fans think he wants to go or will leave.

So the PM I had off a Member on here saying that Jones was off, that Robinson, Nelsen and Samba were all being sold and that we had signed Warnock back for £3m was all a load of rubbish..... well there's a shock!!

Inside info my arse!!

AND MOST IMPORTANT has anybody thought that maybe PJ doesn't want to leave rovers and stay here for the rest of his career. he is a massive rovers fan. I don't understand why fans think he wants to go or will leave.

Who said Jones wants to leave? I believe it has been said that Venky's might look to cash in on him in order to boost the teams finances however his injury stopped any discussion of that. I doubt Jones has ever said he wants to leave, however that time may come further down the line.

You have to question the logic of giving a higher wage deal to a player who signed a 5 year deal less than a year ago and is recovering from a serious injury. I would have thought the best course of action would be to wait until the end of the season and then look at things.

Hoilett would be of a greater priority for me.

So the PM I had off a Member on here saying that Jones was off, that Robinson, Nelsen and Samba were all being sold and that we had signed Warnock back for £3m was all a load of rubbish..... well there's a shock!!

Inside info my arse!!

You are totally deluded if you want to believe that Ricky.

This is like teaching two year olds.

My messages were that the said players were wanting to leave and that Phil Jones did not want to leave but was being sold. Phil had an injury and one or two players have unexpected new contracts...

The Sam sacking could not have been worse handled as nobody talked to the players about it. JW had just spent hours arguing with Pune and he had the dirty deed to do and handle the public aftermath.

The communication with the players was so low down the Pune priority list that SK jumped on a plane to get straight answers for them. That is according to SK in several broadcast interviews.

....and there goes another thread. Can't we just have one devoted to footballers and football?

Phil Jones new contract - speculate...

Leave the club in meltdown (maybe, possibly, potentially, maybe not stuff) and the by proxy boardroom politics for the three thousand other threads you have on the subject.

My messages were that the said players were wanting to leave and that Phil Jones did not want to leave but was being sold. Phil had an injury and one or two players have unexpected new contracts...

The Sam sacking could not have been worse handled as nobody talked to the players about it. JW had just spent hours arguing with Pune and he had the dirty deed to do and handle the public aftermath.

The communication with the players was so low down the Pune priority list that SK jumped on a plane to get straight answers for them. That is according to SK in several broadcast interviews.

No, you keep repeating the same thing even though NONE of it happened. How can you still hold on to this and use it to beat Venkys with? The last bit is your speculation added on to what SK actually did. I'm going to leave it now. Keep on defending your stance. Someday some of it might come true.

With apologies to Revidge Blue......."beep, beep Philip reversing"

Where is Diego by the way?

Good news if it happens. No reason to not be optimistic on that front either given the deals other players have just received.

If the plan was/is to sell Phil Jones to raise transfer funds, please explain why it makes sense to give him another deal now? Against your "messages" we have the fact that none of those players have left. No Warnock and that at least two out of the three are on record having made positive noises about wanting to see out their careers here.

Exactly what is a rational person supposed to think? Take off the reality distortion field glasses that power your opinions for just a second and try to look at it from a different point of view. Is this the same source that told you about the plan to junk Kean and replace him with Maradona perhaps? Not happened either has it?

Maybe just maybe the messages you are getting aren't completely accurate and objective.

And if you genuinely believe I am displaying the mental capacity of a two year old for not accepting your word as gospel given your recent track record then you really can't see the wood for the trees.

Nearly everybody accepts that the communication has been poor. However, it is not down to the owners to consult with the players if they want to make a management change. The owners run the club. Look at how things kicked off at West Ham when Brady started talking to players about getting O'Neill in for Grant. Perhaps if things are so terrible here you would rather we were in their position instead?

No, you keep repeating the same thing even though NONE of it happened. How can you still hold on to this and use it to beat Venkys with? The last bit is your speculation added on to what SK actually did. I'm going to leave it now. Keep on defending your stance. Someday some of it might come true.

In fairness, Kean did say that he took it upon himself to go to Pune and get the lowdown so he could communicate that to the players. I'm sure he's made that comment several times. Moreover, their communication has been poor whichever side of the Venky's line you fall on.

Jones signing a new deal does not mean he will definitely be here next year but the manager has explicitly said he doesn't want to sell him and this action does not contradict that.

In fairness, Kean did say that he took it upon himself to go to Pune and get the lowdown so he could communicate that to the players. I'm sure he's made that comment several times. Moreover, their communication has been poor whichever side of the Venky's line you fall on.

Jones signing a new deal does not mean he will definitely be here next year but the manager has explicitly said he doesn't want to sell him and this action does not contradict that.

I agree, communication was (and has been) poor. To say it was so far down the Pune priority list is an inflammatory statement. The point I'm making, and a number of others too, is that all of the predictions, player revolt, transfer requests, Samba being sold, Jones being sold; none of it happened. Not one bit of it. The stick that PhilipL continually beats Venkys with is based on some of this. It is like watching a child in an argument over something that didn't happen. 'It was going to happen, it was, it was...' etc. It might sound harsh but that's the way it comes across.

I agree, communication was (and has been) poor. To say it was so far down the Pune priority list is an inflammatory statement. The point I'm making, and a number of others too, is that all of the predictions, player revolt, transfer requests, Samba being sold, Jones being sold; none of it happened. Not one bit of it. The stick that PhilipL continually beats Venkys with is based on some of this. It is like watching a child in an argument over something that didn't happen. 'It was going to happen, it was, it was...' etc. It might sound harsh but that's the way it comes across.

I concur in general but I wouldn't call that particular statement inflammatory. It's about the fairest comment he's made in this thread! That is however, another discussion.

Back on topic, I guess it's felt necessary to give Jones a revised deal in line with the others lest he feels ignored. I would agree however, that I'd rather Hoillet was sorted first.

I do hope we can shift out a lot of the deadwood in the Summer to pay for some of these juicy deals.

Archived