BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Aston Villa Vs Blackburn Rovers

roversmum

Grella looked ok and just as good as Jones. We are trying to pass it around and are not good or cohesive enough to do so. Still great to watch... Really enjoyed yesterday and will see if I can get a copy of the game on dvd to watch again and again

• Replies 636
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who would we be able to attract?

In any case, there is a school of thought that suggests that Kean was appointed because:- a) he was cheap; b] he was malleable, he would do what he was told and; c) He was a Kentaro client, so it greased their palms.

On that basis, they would be loathe to get rid of him.

This presents an excellent opportunity for Venky's to fall out big time with Anderson and Kentaro, surely someone in an executive position at Rovers may find this situation an opportunity to blow the two apart.

As for a proven manager theres out there, Big Sam, Rafa, Martin O'neil and possibly wisper it quietly a certain David Moyes to name a few.

Who would we be able to attract?

In any case, there is a school of thought that suggests that Kean was appointed because:- a) he was cheap; b] he was malleable, he would do what he was told and; c) He was a Kentaro client, so it greased their palms.

On that basis, they would be loathe to get rid of him.

This presents an excellent opportunity for Venky's to fall out big time with Anderson and Kentaro, surely someone in an executive position at Rovers may find this situation an opportunity to blow the two apart.

As for a proven manager theres a few out there Big Sam, Rafa, Martin O'neil and possibly wisper it quietly a certain David Moyes to name just a few and please no further comments on these guys from anyone thank you.

I forgot how well Sam's tactics worked on the road.

EDIT: And yesterday was closer to that than it was against Liverpool/WBA.

We won at Villa last year completing the double over them.

How long before the Kean aplogists hold their hands up and acknowledge what is staring them in the face? Kean cannot dine out on the Liverpool game forever. Just watch the games and tally up the points and make your own judgements instead of listening to the media soundbites originating from someone desperate to protect his position.

We won at Villa last year completing the double over them.

So what? Overall, our away form under Sam was atrocious.

We'd go into games "trying" not to lose, instead of trying to win.

Yesterday was reminiscent of that - just without the percentage game.

None of this is rocket science however and absolutely nothing good has come from removing Sam or for that matter John Williams. Nothing at all.

I would have loved Sam to have been given some financial backing to take us on to the next level. He would have spent wisely, maintained team harmony and discipline and we would have gone from strength to strength. What was so hard to understand about that? He deserved that chance after working wonders at the club on a shoestring.

We are in total disarray brought about by crazy decision making, a complete lack of principal, class and dignity and the promotion of an employee unqualified for the position he now holds.

That's far too much common sense and reality for Venky's to digest Onlyonejackwalker

Topman, did you see us passing it around yesterday? Nice stuff eh? Players look much better and I reckon we will/should outscore most teams.

Eh? Are you even following this conversation?

We didn't even try to play fast, attacking football yesterday. We just packed the midfield with cloggers and left Santa Cruz up front feeding on scraps. Sound familiar?

Watching the game again, we put no pressure on the ball and allowed players to wander forward unmarked..again.

This tells me the players have given up.

We are going down, and after the dross we have seen over the last 3 years (and especially the farce of the last 3 months), I'm not bothered anymore.

Good news for Keith though....his boos at the next home game will be hidden by those for the owners, manager and some of the others like Grella.

By the way. hasn't Jensen had a big effect on things...another Kentaro man I believe!!!

I never though I would say this but what happened to Diego comong?

I am not so suicidal as to wish for Maradona although the touchline would be far more entertaining than anything Kean could offer. :lol:

I have also just watched the replay and it is patently obvious Kean has no ability to motivate or organise the players. Every previous time the Rovers have come back from Dubai there has been a definite lift in performance, in fact Hughes used to produce a new team virtually. Yesterday was also unrecognisable- unrecognisable as a Blackburn Rovers team which had any discipline, fight or passion (and I thought this at the time and still do) except for Nelsen who I think understandably played for that second yellow.

Yes Atkinson was a terrible homer ref (really happy to award that penalty if you watch) and was chatty happy with the Villa players. But Rovers had nothing- no shape, no organisation and no fight. The reaction to Kalinic's goal showed we had completely given up at a time when a second goal pulled back would have reduced Villa to total jitters.

One final point- four minutes after the restart and MGP rolled a ball to Andrews perfectly weighted and in enough space for him to give it the Row Z treatment. There is no blame attached to MGP for what happened next- just rank bad decision making by Keith Andrews.

As for a proven manager theres out there, Big Sam, Rafa, Martin O'neil and possibly wisper it quietly a certain David Moyes to name a few.

1. Can't see any worthwhile manager committing to BRFC until at least relegation has been avoided.

2. After that there's the problem finding one who will view working with the Venkey mob with positivity.

3. Last but not least who can we trust with the task of finding a new manager? The Chairman's been potted remember.

Overall, our away form under Sam was atrocious.

We'd go into games "trying" not to lose, instead of trying to win.

Yesterday was reminiscent of that - just without the percentage game.

So what, nothing wrong with the win at home, draw away philosophy. Many football people agree with that concept.

I doubt Jerome Anderson would be entrusted again after finding us two duds.

The replacement selection is a major issue- will Balaji be given his head to find a marquee manager or will Tom Finn be asked to produce the short list?

If the Venky's want to be certain to secure their £53m from relegation the choice can only be the same as when Ince went- Sam Allardyce. We know they won't go there but every other choice carries a risk of it not working although the squad is good enough to stay up with any decent experienced manager in charge.

As for involvement of the Raos, at least they are not seen from one week to the next unlike certain interfering owners I can think of so a manager worth his salt would handle that aspect of the job.

I am not so suicidal as to wish for Maradona although the touchline would be far more entertaining than anything Kean could offer. :lol:

I have also just watched the replay and it is patently obvious Kean has no ability to motivate or organise the players. Every previous time the Rovers have come back from Dubai there has been a definite lift in performance, in fact Hughes used to produce a new team virtually. Yesterday was also unrecognisable- unrecognisable as a Blackburn Rovers team which had any discipline, fight or passion (and I thought this at the time and still do) except for Nelsen who I think understandably played for that second yellow.

Yes Atkinson was a terrible homer ref (really happy to award that penalty if you watch) and was chatty happy with the Villa players. But Rovers had nothing- no shape, no organisation and no fight. The reaction to Kalinic's goal showed we had completely given up at a time when a second goal pulled back would have reduced Villa to total jitters.

One final point- four minutes after the restart and MGP rolled a ball to Andrews perfectly weighted and in enough space for him to give it the Row Z treatment. There is no blame attached to MGP for what happened next- just rank bad decision making by Keith Andrews.

On your final point Philip- MGP was dreadful yesterday but I can't agree more with you comments. What possessed Andrews to turn back towards his goal?

That decision alone shows me just how far off he is being a premier league footballer.

I wish I hadn't travelled to the game - I am still in a foul mood

A refund from Venkys would be welcome, buy I doubt it will happen!

Eh? Are you even following this conversation?

We didn't even try to play fast, attacking football yesterday. We just packed the midfield with cloggers and left Santa Cruz up front feeding on scraps. Sound familiar?

Have I got this right? Are you attempting to blame yesterdays abomination on Allardyce? Sure the financial position of our club dictated the issue, the football wasn't all that good but the results were more than acceptable. This month we've been outplayed, out thought and outgunned by Wigan, NUFC and Villa. All clubs which were below us remember and clubs who in that postion Allardyce would invariably get something from.

Archived