BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Aston Villa Vs Blackburn Rovers

roversmum

Amazing when we lose the ball near to our goal too. So much better to watch and suits us. With Jonny Jensens influence we should get better at it.

Do you reckon Jensens another Winterburn and just here through an old pals act? Ex arsenal players have used us as a retirement fund since John bloody useless Radford fraudulently imitated a top centre forward.

• Replies 636
  • Created
  • Last Reply

....If the Venky's want to be certain to secure their £53m from relegation the choice can only be the same as when Ince went- Sam Allardyce. We know they won't go there but every other choice carries a risk of it not working although the squad is good enough to stay up with any decent experienced manager in charge.

Offer him enough money and a chance of publically cutting the throats of Anderson and Keane and Allardyces desire for retribution and revenge over those two would surely overcome his pride. Problem is the Injuns will possess impossible pride too.

I'm afraid any replacement will be of the ilk of Megson or Laws... and only then if we catch them at a weak moment. :(

I have also just watched the replay and it is patently obvious Kean has no ability to motivate or organise the players. Every previous time the Rovers have come back from Dubai there has been a definite lift in performance, in fact Hughes used to produce a new team virtually. Yesterday was also unrecognisable- unrecognisable as a Blackburn Rovers team which had any discipline, fight or passion (and I thought this at the time and still do) except for Nelsen who I think understandably played for that second yellow.

You think Nelsen got himself sent off on purpose?! I don't think for one minute he did, but if he did how will that help?

I do agree though that we had nothing about us. One of the things I noticed during the game was when Rovers had the ball, the Villa players were working hard to put us under pressure even at 3-0 up. We did completely the opposite. I can remember a few occasions where they sliced straight through our midfield, despite us having 3 central midfielders there, with relative ease.

Only Kalinic when he come on tried to put defenders under any kind of pressure.

Offer him enough money and a chance of publically cutting the throats of Anderson and Keane and Allardyces desire for retribution and revenge over those two would surely overcome his pride. Problem is the Injuns will possess impossible pride too.

I'm afraid any replacement will be of the ilk of Megson or Laws... and only then if we catch them at a weak moment. :(

Yep, given what an utter, utter muck-up they made of the Allardyce situation, why should we trust them to get it right second time around?

Not only do they not have the first blinking idea of what they're doing, and allegedly being held hostage to the agenda of Anderson, but they can't even agree with each other.

It's like the QE2 has been taken over by the Three Stooges, and it's full steam ahead for the rocks.

You think Nelsen got himself sent off on purpose?! I don't think for one minute he did, but if he did how will that help?

I do agree though that we had nothing about us. One of the things I noticed during the game was when Rovers had the ball, the Villa players were working hard to put us under pressure even at 3-0 up. We did completely the opposite. I can remember a few occasions where they sliced straight through our midfield, despite us having 3 central midfielders there, with relative ease.

Only Kalinic when he come on tried to put defenders under any kind of pressure.

Must say Clur that the same thought ocurred to me yesterday considering all that is going on in Christchurch and with his sister at the moment. Given that he will now be suspended I would be absolutely amazed not to find him on a flight out there in the next day or two.

As for our work ethic and hunger for the ball..... it's gone.

Awful performance.

No pace. No creativity. No desire. No fight. No heart. Just a few things that spring to my mind this afternoon. I could not repeat on here what was said last night.

Robinson - kept the scoreline under 7

Salgado - has been awful since Kean took charge

Nelsen - One of the better performances

Hanley - is he good enough?

Olsson - not a left back

Grella - Square, one dimensional, slow

Emerton - Nothing

MGP - a bad game

Andrews -

Jones - box to box? He has nothing in his locker for our club

RSC - Running around for £90k a week

I am watching a team on SSP1 at the minute who play nice football and want to win. They also have all the ingredients i mentioned previously that we do not have.

We should have signed Demba Ba.

Ryan said himself, though, that Rovers had given him leave to fly out there if he wanted to. I saw his face as he left the pitch (we were just above the tunnel), he was gutted, it must have been one of the worst weeks of his life.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if he did go out to NZ now.

Do you reckon Jensens another Winterburn and just here through an old pals act? Ex arsenal players have used us as a retirement fund since John bloody useless Radford fraudulently imitated a top centre forward.

Did you have to remind me of that Theno? I had totally blotted that memory out. :blush:

If we lose to Fulham and Blackpool then it's game over imo. I simply cannot see us getting more than 4 points from the remaining fixtures.

Absolute rubbish - IF we lose to Fulham and Blackpool it will be game over for Kean - not necessarily Rovers. Prior to yesterday, I thought Kean needed 4 points from the three fixtures to keep his job. I can't see how his position would be tenable if we lose all these matches - especially to Blackpool at home. After this, we do have some tough remaining fixtures - but it would still be do-able.

I haven't been as depressed about Rovers for a long time. I do fear that the trap door could be calling - but there is still enough quality in the squad to keep us out of trouble.

As for Kean - (unlike some)I was prepared to give him time - especially as he was trying totally change our style of play. I also thought that the two week break would show him as a worthy manager or just a good talker - at the moment it ain't looking good. We had a few key players missing yesterday - but not enough to allow for the manner of the performance. I just cling to the fact that I hadn't expected to win - and only three points have been lost - though the manner of the defeat is the most worrying aspect.

Most worrying - last home match is United - hope this isn't history repeating itself.

I am totally surprised how no-one picked up on the basic fact villa played yesterday with a makeshift back 4 and how Kean had no tactical nous to think they were there for the taking apart from Dunne the rest of their defence was substandard reserve players and with a better lineup & 2 strikers they were there to be beaten. I have to say I felt quite sorry for Nelsen after the week he has had,Santa feeding off scraps as JJ hardly ever got forward & Hanley for that unlucky own goal the rest need to hold their head in shame especially Julie for trying to do a Ronaldo near his own area I'm just wishing we accepted the bid when Fulham were daft enough to offer 2M now we are probably stuck with him maybe we could get Ince to take him back I hear he has always been a sandwich short of a picnic!.

I can't see how his position would be tenable if we lose all these matches

His position should never have been tenable :angry:

I can't understand why people wanted to give him time, he isn't and never will be a manager. Some people seem to think Premier League football is like football manager.. find the right formation, with some basic tactics and you'l be fine.

Steve Kean is not a leader of men, he is tactically naive, and worst of all he is completely inexperienced, why did you want to give him time? We had a good manager and replaced him with a complete no-one.

That team yesterday had no confidence and no fighting spirit at all. Once a team loses spirit there is only one way they're heading.

His position should never have been tenable :angry:

I can't understand why people wanted to give him time, he isn't and never will be a manager. Some people seem to think Premier League football is like football manager.. find the right formation, with some basic tactics and you'l be fine.

Steve Kean is not a leader of men, he is tactically naive, and worst of all he is completely inexperienced, why did you want to give him time? We had a good manager and replaced him with a complete no-one.

That team yesterday had no confidence and no fighting spirit at all. Once a team loses spirit there is only one way they're heading.

Every manager has to start somewhere - granted not many get to land on their feet in the way Kean did. He could have been the next Dalglish - who had no managerial experience when he took over Liverpool for the first time. I think the evidence is quickly stacking against this - but I don't understand why you thought he would be poor from the start.

There is no chance that the team will come out next game and turn things around. Kean has lost the dressing room and most of the fans. He is very naive and with the performance and the starting line up yesterday there is no doubt things have to change.

Every manager has to start somewhere - granted not many get to land on their feet in the way Kean did. He could have been the next Dalglish - who had no managerial experience when he took over Liverpool for the first time. I think the evidence is quickly stacking against this - but I don't understand why you thought he would be poor from the start.

So you believe sacking a proven premier league manager and appointing a no-one, just before a very important run of games is a good idea just because he 'has to start somewhere.' This football club was nearly relegated under Ince two years ago and it took a top manager to come in and keep us up... having developed us into a 10th placed team and semi-finalists in the league cup, he was sacked for no reason whatsoever and replaced with Kean.

He was only appointed because he is an SEM/Kentaro client, and because he is a spineless @#/? and he agrees with everything Venkys and JA say.

Why would I ever want him as manager? Those players were pathetic yesterday and they have given up.. there is no manager at this club, and were a sinking ship. But hey, he had to start somewhere!! :angry2:

So what? Overall, our away form under Sam was atrocious.

We'd go into games "trying" not to lose, instead of trying to win.

Yesterday was reminiscent of that - just without the percentage game.

But our home form was great. Now we haven't got either and we are not playing attractive, attacking football to boot (no pun intended).And we are on the way down! So what eh?

How you can attempt to defend what's going on is beyond me unless you put your own ego before the good of the club.

Archived