BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Aston Villa Vs Blackburn Rovers

roversmum

Not saying anything more than this:

1. The manager situation is now under review

2. We will stay up this season.

1. I hope they decide quickly ie, before the Fulham match - the club is in freefall.

2. Can you explain the basis for this optimism ?

• Replies 636
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Paid Aston Villa way too much respect today.

Came for a nil-all draw but they don't exist in the Premier League anymore.

Andrews should never play again.

Hanley still not ready .. makes too many schoolboy errors .. why wasn't Givet back there?

JJ ... my mates reckon he's a good signing but I still haven't seen it.

Hope Samba, Dunn and Hoilett are fit for Fulham.

If we don't win three of our remaining home games ... we are gone.

Truly woeful today.Steve Kean has tried but has failed miserably,he is tactically inept and in my opinion both Kean and Jensen need to go NOW before its to late.kalinic should of started he has a very good record against villa. only positive for me was Robbo.

What kean said after the game

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_6782389,00.html

clueless

Obvious body language. Licked his lips throughout, obvious dry mouth..... frayed nerves. imo He's finding out that life in the hot seat is not as easy as he thought... or not as easy as he told his chums at Kentaro that it would be around October time.

Obvious body language. Licked his lips throughout, obvious dry mouth..... frayed nerves. imo He's finding out that life in the hot seat is not as easy as he thought... or not as easy as he told his chums at Kentaro that it would be around October time.

He's bound to find it hard coming out and speaking to the press after a 4-1 defeat what do you expect him to do smile and blow you a kiss and say sorry sir!!! It wont happen again!!

I swear I saw a Villa shirt on Andrews back.

Just buried my Aunt today, Kean buried my team.

Utterly depressed and devastated.

(Please don't use that word again) you Kean.

I feel about the same. Why oh why does Andrews get near that team. Pedersen was not any better. Why take of Cruz for Roberts, I'd have left him with Niko. Hurry back Givet Samba and Hiollett and let's start looking a a manager. The look on Kean's face today reminded me of wally with the brolly.

Sent an email across to Venkys. Tried to keep it as professional as possible.

Too many players have failed to perform in recent weeks and even though usually some flak must be given to the players on this, I largely lay the blame at the door of the manager because of the circumstances that brought him to the fore and the game he likes to talk. Also Its been a dozen or so games he has been in charge including a few weeks of pure training (esp before the last game). Things have gotten worse. We have failed to make count the games which we would have under Allardyce and teams in and around us are beating us comprehensively, something which wasnt happening before. Dont forget, if I am not wrong, other than the Man Utd game this season, we didnt concede more than 2 goals in any game, right? Step in Steve Kean.

He's got to go. Before or after the Fulham game doesnt matter to me personally. But we will have 3 weeks to Blackpool after the Fulham match. A least he will get a nice compensation package. :angry:

Anyone read the comments under MGP's blog? No wonder there is no confidence how we play when players are reading some of the comments, but again thats there own fault. MGP is fairly bigheaded having his own site, probably wont do him any harm reading how we all feel - its clear he feels the same. As a senior player he has to approach Ryan and do something about it

Not saying anything more than this:

1. The manager situation is now under review

2. We will stay up this season.

Is that a good idea with these clowns in charge, I ask a question, Which decent manager is going to join a club where he becomes a puppet for the owners?

The manager must be allowed to manage, select his own transfer targets and style of play otherwise, any decent manager will not take us on, would you?

Just seen the goals on match of the day, thought the early night would have calmed me down ... Wish I'd not watch match of the day now.

My worries:

We have never been too creative but could be tight at the back, not anymore.

We always seemed organised in the past, we are absolutely shambolic at the moment.

Players heads do seem to have dropped, it will take a lot of strong man management to pick them up ... Kean isn't the man to do this, surely!

Reading the posts on here lately it doesn't seem US the fans are prepared for the fight.

Oh yeah and I still absolutely hate hate hate Ashley Young the smug, diving @#/?.

Olsson is not a left back, in fact he is awful in that position. Once Givet and Junior are back, I'm thinking that we are going to see a different looking team again. Wasn't the last time we had a full strength side with everyone playing in their natural position at West Brom?

I'm confident that we are not going to go down. I've heard that Kean will be kept until Summer but it will be reviewed then dependent on outcome.

Let me be clear about my own opinion though. At the Stoke game, I've never seen Rovers fans so angry. If it wasn't for the Liverpool game, I think 100% of the fanbase would regard Kean as the worst manager we have ever had. His inconsistent, non sensical and tactically inept management has made me feel very much how I felt under Paul Ince. I just want us to pick up enough points to stay up this season and then review the management over the summer. If we as supporters have no faith in the manager, how can the players as professionals possibly have faith in him? They are expected to listen to a man that has never had any experience of football at their level.

I was delighted when Sam was fired, delighted but shocked. Let's not kid ourselves about his management, we were a joke under Sam and victories were gained either through good fortune or set pieces. We were dreadful to watch. Sadly, his replacement is not up to the job...

Olsson is not a left back, in fact he is awful in that position. Once Givet and Junior are back, I'm thinking that we are going to see a different looking team again. Wasn't the last time we had a full strength side with everyone playing in their natural position at West Brom?

I'm confident that we are not going to go down. I've heard that Kean will be kept until Summer but it will be reviewed then dependent on outcome.

Let me be clear about my own opinion though. At the Stoke game, I've never seen Rovers fans so angry. If it wasn't for the Liverpool game, I think 100% of the fanbase would regard Kean as the worst manager we have ever had. His inconsistent, non sensical and tactically inept management has made me feel very much how I felt under Paul Ince. I just want us to pick up enough points to stay up this season and then review the management over the summer. If we as supporters have no faith in the manager, how can the players as professionals possibly have faith in him? They are expected to listen to a man that has never had any experience of football at their level.

I was delighted when Sam was fired, delighted but shocked. Let's not kid ourselves about his management, we were a joke under Sam and victories were gained either through good fortune or set pieces. We were dreadful to watch. Sadly, his replacement is not up to the job...

At least we had victories back then! I think its very unfair to say we won cause of good fortune. Nevertheless, Steve Kean is NOT a manager.

I was delighted when Sam was fired, delighted but shocked. Let's not kid ourselves about his management, we were a joke under Sam and victories were gained either through good fortune or set pieces. We were dreadful to watch.

I'm sorry BPF but such statements are becoming more ludicrous by the week.

You don't survive post Ince then finish 10th and a cup semi then look to be improving that again all on a poor budget due to 'good fortune'.

He was the very best at getting the most out of a squad of such mediocre talent

We were a 'joke' just weeks after Mark Hughes and we are a 'joke' once again.

I think I read somewhere that people have been writing to Venkys.

Just a word of warning from someone that knows:

They cannot be told that they are wrong. If you tell them that they have made a mistake they will only be angered and shocked that you have dared to question them. They will instantly disregard your opinion as nonsense and if you are employed by them, bye bye job.

The scary thing is that for the first time, we as fans are powerless. We are owned by people that do not know the first thing about football who have employed advisors that receive a paycheck every month Kean is in the job. There is noone on the board that has any real say in goings on at the club now.

I have my fingers and toes crossed that we stay up this season but make no mistake, we cannot have a make believe manager in charge next season. I'm trying desperately hard to keep faith in the team I love here despite having no faith in our owners or management team. I'm holding onto the fantasy that playing for the pride of Blackburn Rovers will be enough to inspire the players to that forty point total.

The question remains, what do we do to show Venkys and Anderson that they have made a huge error in this appointment without directly telling them. Most of you will now know the underhand way (allegedly) that Kean got the job. I'm starting to think that the only way to approach this is to put pressure on Kean himself. Whether that is through writing letters to him or signing petitions, he needs to know that there has been a zero confidence vote against him. I cannot see any other way of ridding him. The scary thing is, if we get a couple of wins together, Venkys will think that he is wonderful again.

It's funny, months ago I posted the comment 'trust the trustees'. You would not believe the way this deal was allegedly (legal side covered) done. I'm almost tempted to write a book on this.

I'm sorry BPF but such statements are becoming more ludicrous by the week.

You don't survive post Ince then finish 10th and a cup semi then look to be improving that again all on a poor budget due to 'good fortune'.

He was the very best at getting the most out of a squad of such mediocre talent

We were a 'joke' just weeks after Mark Hughes and we are a 'joke' once again.

I fully understand your point.

The odd thing I don't get though is that against QPR (First half), Liverpool, WBA the players showed that they could play football and more importantly create chances and score goals. What happened?

1. I hope they decide quickly ie, before the Fulham match - the club is in freefall.

2. Can you explain the basis for this optimism ?

1. Looks like he is here until the end of the season.

2. Yes, pure blind hope Jim. I'm too scared to think about the alternative.

Sorry Bryan, but aint buying that. We are nailed on relegation candidates on this form.

Who would we be able to attract?

In any case, there is a school of thought that suggests that Kean was appointed because:- a) he was cheap; b] he was malleable, he would do what he was told and; c) He was a Kentaro client, so it greased their palms.

On that basis, they would be loathe to get rid of him.

Paid Aston Villa way too much respect today.

Came for a nil-all draw but they don't exist in the Premier League anymore.

Andrews should never play again.

Hanley still not ready .. makes too many schoolboy errors .. why wasn't Givet back there?

JJ ... my mates reckon he's a good signing but I still haven't seen it.

Hope Samba, Dunn and Hoilett are fit for Fulham.

If we don't win three of our remaining home games ... we are gone.

All obvious in their context Kremmin but something the management don't appear to see - I hate referring back to the Allardyce tenure as he has now gone , but the same problems are still there but compunded now by somebody who does not have a clue.

How the hell does going for a nil nil draw inspire confidence - when have we ever managed to achieve getting what we set out for - how about just going out to try and win a game, because everytime we go with this negative mentality we collapse so spectacularly? IMO anybody who goes out for a nil nil draw deserves a slamming

BPF

Posted 21 minutes ago

BPF - this is something that many of us have stated on here since his starts in the stiffs - it so glaringly obvious it so unbelieveable that the so called 'professionals' cannot see it.

Our team is yet again so disjointed and disorganised we are only heading in one direction - amateur mistakes, eroding confidence and a confusion that would look at home in a hall of mirrors.

As above - heading into games with a mentality to aim for a draw is beyond belief imo - and given our circumstances is nothing short of a disaster and downright disregard to the fans.

All valid points about Olsson at full back.

Givet was on the bench and therefore presumably fit. It would have made sense to play him either instead of Hanley (who isn't ready and we will blow is confidence, possibly for good, if this continues) or Olsson. Personally, would have played him instead of Hanley as Hanley is, at the moment, a bigger risk than Olsson in defence.

heading into games with a mentality to aim for a draw is beyond belief imo - and given our circumstances is nothing short of a disaster and downright disregard to the fans.

- Erm - wasn't that part of Sam's philosophy? You start off with a point etc etc.

It's the feeling of helplessness that is most difficult to deal with. You can see it happening, but what can you do about it? Fans will only take so much and then there will be protests, most won't know or care about

They cannot be told that they are wrong. If you tell them that they have made a mistake they will only be angered and shocked that you have dared to question them. They will instantly disregard your opinion as nonsense

- and who can blame them, many have spent their lives following Rovers?

Archived