BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers' dealings with influential agent Jerome Anderson comes under scrutiny

Further housing planning will never be granted at Brockhall until a road is built on the closed end, which considering it would go right through to Clitheroe way, would cost a bomb.

• Replies 805
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Back in December, wonder what he feels now....

I was stabbed in the back - Allardyce

Surely noone has any doubt by now regarding the mystery third party.

Someone above mentioned the Venky's Love in I spoke of. It was back in the days when their lot liked me and told me various things that were going on. When I wrote that I was told:

• We are about to sign a contract with Barcelona, effectively becoming a feeder club
  • We are about to announce a new shirt deal so impressive that it will take to the club to all new heights.

Sadly, none of what they told me became true. Have no doubt in your mind, I despise Kean, Venkys and everyone associated with them and before they send me anymore e-mail, this is my personal opinion so let that be the end of it.

I've been a Blackburn fan my entire life, I've had the best and worst moments of my life at Ewood Park but no matter what, I have always felt like it was my club that I was supporting. On Saturday, I felt like I wasn't at Ewood, it was a horrible feeling. It is only my love for the club getting me through at the moment. It sickens me so see them and their cronies happy. The one thing that there can be no doubt about. We need to stay up.

Someone above mentioned the Venky's Love in I spoke of. It was back in the days when their lot liked me and told me various things that were going on. When I wrote that I was told:

• We are about to sign a contract with Barcelona, effectively becoming a feeder club
  • We are about to announce a new shirt deal so impressive that it will take to the club to all new heights.

Sadly, none of what they told me became true. Have no doubt in your mind, I despise Kean, Venkys and everyone associated with them and before they send me anymore e-mail, this is my personal opinion so let that be the end of it.

I've been a Blackburn fan my entire life, I've had the best and worst moments of my life at Ewood Park but no matter what, I have always felt like it was my club that I was supporting. On Saturday, I felt like I wasn't at Ewood, it was a horrible feeling. It is only my love for the club getting me through at the moment. It sickens me so see them and their cronies happy. The one thing that there can be no doubt about. We need to stay up.

At least if I walk away I don't have a Red Rose tattoo! :P

As Fergie said himself....

Ferguson said: “You’ve got that issue at Blackburn of an agent involved and deciding the future of the club, Jerome Anderson, he couldn’t pick his nose. It’s baffling and it’s a serious threat to how clubs get run and how they conduct themselves.”

Good. Need any help Jackson?

btw I used to use this as my sig and I'm tempted to use it again... Remember the little boy who cried wolf? In the end there was a wolf!

Moving on. Nicko never reveals his sources and you wouldn't expect him to either so why should anybody else. Either take stuff at face value or don't, it's your choice.

What you don't realise is that anybody who posted anything close to the bone after the takeover had controversial stuff deleted along with a plea from admin to not post anything which could leave them facing legal action. Following the takeover and Allardyces sacking Admin had been spooked by someone so much that I got a ban for simply posting a link to a LT report on an alleged betting scam! I think PhilipL was either banned or threatened with a ban and I'm sure that others found themselves in the same boat. I hope I'm not betraying confidences but I understand that Glenn and possibly SteB too took extraordinary personal measures to protect themselves from litigation. From then on anybody with any info could only post stuff very very carefully, with no names and interspersed with loads of carefully placed riders like 'I believe' and 'imo' etc.

This is not Speakers Corner, that great pillar of a democracy Freedom of Speech is nothing more than a modern day myth and as I said before take it at face value or don't take it at all. It really is your choice.

Fantastic post.

But cast iron facts often come out far too late. Ask Portsmouth fans.

Do we sit on our hands till the club is on its arse? I am not 'in the know' in the slightest but I try and read between the lines the best I can...

I look forward to crazyivan's posts - can't quite put my finger on why ;)

Hmm, I don't think I feel sorry for them at all because I think a lot of the distrust of them is of their own doing. My main reason is that when they first come in I think the most people were pleased that someone had bought us whilst being a bit cautious. I remember that when they appeared at Ewood they got a good reception. I remember that at Bolton away, there was a group of lads dressed as chickens, and there were people singing 'pro Venkys' songs on occasion. So right at the beginning I think people were generally fine with them.

However after the Bolton game they have managed to drive a massive wedge between themselves and the fans, mostly of their own doing in my opinion doing daft to ridiculous things (examples below), which has left people with such a distrust of them and worry of the future. Things such as:

• the Sam sacking. Now whatever people think of Sam, this decision was made by Mrs D (who said she'd never watched a game of football) because of some party and she wanted us to play exciting football, and he wasn't the man to deliver it.
  • now I think this could be forgiven had there been someone lined up to replace him. But Kean was given the job temporarily, then till the end of the season, then amazingly a three year contract after a month or so, on the basis that he is a positive thinker!!!
  • JW 'resigning' hmm yea whatever
  • The whole Ronaldinho/Maradona/Kaka/etc nonsense, especially Ronaldinho. And its not particularly that we 'went' to get them, it was all the stuff they were saying about them. In the case of Ronaldinho, they posted it on their website and facebook page, then later took it down. At some points they tried to say they didn't know where the rumours had come from (erm, you?!), then a bit later they were saying it was true and we were deffo going to sign him.
  • etc

Now I may not have got all the timeline of events right, but thats not so much the point. When they arrived, there was some very good people around Rovers, Rovers and the people who run it were highly thought of I think in footballing circles. And I would even say that despite us on occasion whinging that the papers/sky/bbc don't like us, with the odd exception of a few journalists, we were pretty well respected in terms of the media. Also I think that the majority of people who support Rovers were proud to do so because of how the club was.

However in just 4 months, that whole thing seems to have eroded away. If they'd have just come in, worked with the people who were already here and learnt the ways of running a football club (because lets be honest, they have no clue) then I think people would've respected them a lot more and liked them as owners. As it happens they have made many foolish decisions and every time one of them speaks they're contradicting themselves, and like I said the longer this goes on, the less people are going to trust them which all makes for an uncertain future.

absolute quality post which emphasises what a lot of fans think !

I feel a bit sorry for Venky's in this. They put clean money up

*sigh* I'll ask you yet again. I'll do it in big letters this time. You seem to have a lot of time for our new owners - when quite frankly it's blatantly obvious that in just a few weeks we've been turned into a joke.(CN174 even did a little summary for the hard of thinking).

Why did the billionaire Venky's take a mortgage out against the assets of Blackburn Rovers Football Club? Perhaps you could see your way to asking them the question? Why not ask "The Manager"? (ha!) Or the Chairm... (Doh! of course, he gave a damn didn't he?)... You are a journalist? Seeker of Truth and Justice?

I don't know maybe it's just me. I mean I could come to the conclusion that because of the mortgage the whole venture is actually risk free for them! That they could actually be making money out of this! Eh! The very thought? Of course that would be ridiculous of me, they've just made one or two naive decisions, all will be well, all everyone needs is time.

Still I guess we'll never know about the mortgage. No one in the Press will ask the question.

*sigh* I'll ask you yet again. I'll do it in big letters this time. You seem to have a lot of time for our new owners - when quite frankly it's blatantly obvious that in just a few weeks we've been turned into a joke.(CN174 even did a little summary for the hard of thinking).

Why did the billionaire Venky's take a mortgage out against the assets of Blackburn Rovers Football Club? Perhaps you could see your way to asking them the question? Why not ask "The Manager"? (ha!) Or the Chairm... (Doh! of course, he gave a damn didn't he?)... You are a journalist? Seeker of Truth and Justice?

I don't know maybe it's just me. I mean I could come to the conclusion that because of the mortgage the whole venture is actually risk free for them! That they could actually be making money out of this! Eh! The very thought? Of course that would be ridiculous of me, they've just made one or two naive decisions, all will be well, all everyone needs is time.

Still I guess we'll never know about the mortgage. No one in the Press will ask the question.

Totally agree - Nicko I think it is time for you to prove that all our fears are unfounded. We all fear we are on the verge of another Pompey - with owners who have little knowledge of football - and who will ditch us with debts they have helped build up. Along with Bob's questions - I would also be curious as to whether rumours about contracts and relegation clauses being removed are true ?

On Myles Anderson...just to clear up.

I mentioned that he had been here - some months after - because it was an illustration that Jerome Anderson was actually 'close' to the club for longer than the arrival of Venky's.

I can't find where I said he would definitely be coming until yesterday.

It turns out this was agreed at the end of last year and before he want to Aberdeen.

Anyway, those are the details.

Still the stupidest deal I can remember in some time.

Over and out.

Waiting to get someone like Chimbonda off the wage bill before signing cheap(er) cover?

And top of that list, unless I've missed it, are the local paper. I and at least one other on here have asked them via twitter to ask that very question. Still, there also seem to be a lot of connected people on here, what with all the hint dropping. Can these people not be asking for answers?

I forgot about the Barcelona feeder club business.

It all fits together with Balaji being such a huge Barca fan.

Checked the story two months ago.

It was @#/? then and it's @#/? now.

Why do you think nobody has written it? There are plenty of people who would print it if it was in some way damaging.

Also checked whether such arrangements and the availability of finance or credit are commonplace in the Premier League and found that most clubs have a borrowing arrangement with someone or another.

Ask yourself this. Do you think the Trustees would have sold the club to someone without money?

I realise that will upset your world view.

But so ****ing what.

Is that what Nicko said? Barcelona are THE model to follow, in playing style, youth development etc what's wrong with this being brought up in a conversation? Facts and opinion again...

There is no chance we could ever copy the Barca model. Can you imagine the top youngsters settling down at Brockhall and then dreaming all there life of playing at Ewood with Keith Andrews.

Why do you think nobody has written it? There are plenty of people who would print it if it was in some way damaging.

Also checked whether such arrangements and the availability of finance or credit are commonplace in the Premier League and found that most clubs have a borrowing arrangement with someone or another.

Ask yourself this. Do you think the Trustees would have sold the club to someone without money?

Read the topic Click. Are companies house allowed to lie :blink:

Well if everyone else does it then it must be ok. Portsmouth and Leeds are doing ok thesedays.

You said yourself the buyers are hardly queueing up around the block for us, I don't think the Trust had that much of an option. No doubt they have money but whether it is enough to sustain a PL football club and whether they have the liquidity in those money reserves is another matter.

Is that what Nicko said? Barcelona are THE model to follow, in playing style, youth development etc what's wrong with this being brought up in a conversation? Facts and opinion again...

Ah right so now Rovers are going to copy Arsenals model of how to operate in the transfer market and play football like Barca?? :blink::wacko::rolleyes:

I understood he was 'signed' for Rovers quite some time before but was being put to Aberdeen in the meantime.

When he actually put pen to paper is up for debate.

What does 'signed' mean? The way you raised that point back in February was with a degree of certainty and as a direct attack on the people who were in contention with you. TimmyJimmy's response in that same thread seems to suggest that he was taken on trial without Sam's or Neil McD's knowledge and was taken in by Kean at the time to trial in a pre-season friendly. He subsequently left, obviously signing a short term deal with Aberdeen eventually.

All reports seem to back this story up and there has been no mention of a pre-contract deal or otherwise that can be found. I have other things to say on the matter, but I'll let it go for now.

Edited: feel it's off topic

PLEASE can we stop the attacks on each other. This is supposed to be an intelligent discussion now its descending in to name calling and personal attacks. People ask Niko questions and he is kind enough to answer them. If you disagree that is fine or you know said then please post the version of events that you know took place.

Most of on here are trying to piece together the events and with the added pressure of relegation staring in the face. People are on edge.

As an example I 99% of time don't agree with what GAV says but I am glad he posts as it's another way of thinking. I would never tell him to sling his hook or say to him he is lying.

But so ****ing what.

This is so infantile.

The mortgage against the club's media income is registered at Companies House

Venky's London Limited mortgage against their shares and all assets in Blackburn Rovers is registered at Companies House

Money might be being moved around but as things stand, the club is at enormous risk.

Myles Anderson continues to attract disproportionate interest. ink Lets see with trepidation if this is enough to wake the regulators.

But so ****ing what.

I take it you haven't read Modes98's post following this - or forgotten the original thread?

Looks to me that there are grounds for further investigation here. Something that a journalist could look into perhaps and get a decent story from? You know - ruffle a few feathers so to speak?

Ask yourself this - if they are Billionaires ("Marque Signings" this summer? They'll be queueing from town all the way down Bolton Road to play with Jeromes lad and The Thinker) then why take out a Mortgage? Maybe that's just Companies House pulling the wool over our eyes. I expect philip put them up to it. He's like that.

But so ****ing what eh? "It was @#/? then and it's @#/? now" - course it is nicko.

You didn't expect a serious answer did you bob? As nicko correctly says every PL club has access to borrowings, it's a normal business practice but he choses to ignore the Barclays mortgage is new borrowing, secured against our TV and Media revenues. The facility was arranged within weeks of the Rao family buying the club and raises questions as to how the recent transfer activity, new contracts, loan signings and compensation payments are being financed. Rovers borrowings have previously been secured against assets, not income, and it is possible the debt which existed in the club when Venky's purchased Rovers still exists and may simply have been transferred to Venky's London.

Not to worry it was @#/? then and it's @#/? now. Sadly it isn't @#/?, it's a matter of public record at companies house. There are many questions around how the Rovers purchase and subsequent spending has been / will be financed and when coupled with the recent resignation of the club accountants this should, regardless of all the other stories doing the rounds, raise concerns. Rovers have spent large sums, relative to our income, in the last 3-4 months and there is little to suggest this has been funded by real investment and may all be funded by debt. There is a story here, in my opinion, but if it is @#/? lets have some evidence to prove it. I suspect the 2010 accounts will show a loss of a few million, where are they BTW? and it's possible, if 2011 accounts are in the public domain this time next year, they will show losses have increased dramatically this year.

You didn't expect a serious answer did you bob? As nicko correctly says every PL club has access to borrowings, it's a normal business practice but he choses to ignore the Barclays mortgage is new borrowing, secured against our TV and Media revenues. The facility was arranged within weeks of the Rao family buying the club and raises questions as to how the recent transfer activity, new contracts, loan signings and compensation payments are being financed. Rovers borrowings have previously been secured against assets, not income, and it is possible the debt which existed in the club when Venky's purchased Rovers still exists and may simply have been transferred to Venky's London.

Not to worry it was @#/? then and it's @#/? now. Sadly it isn't @#/?, it's a matter of public record at companies house. There are many questions around how the Rovers purchase and subsequent spending has been / will be financed and when coupled with the recent resignation of the club accountants this should, regardless of all the other stories doing the rounds, raise concerns. Rovers have spent large sums, relative to our income, in the last 3-4 months and there is little to suggest this has been funded by real investment and may all be funded by debt. There is a story here, in my opinion, but if it is @#/? lets have some evidence to prove it. I suspect the 2010 accounts will show a loss of a few million, where are they BTW? and it's possible, if 2011 accounts are in the public domain this time next year, they will show losses have increased dramatically this year.

with the mortgage against the clubs media rights alone relegation and we are another Portsmouth thats a fact !

If anyone can't see that they need to wake up and smell the coffee.. as if we go down which is very possible with our run in and recent form with the football geniuses Steve Kean + John jensen in charge Admin is very highly likely outcome and we know what that entails...League one anyone ????

we know we've been there before but we have never been putt in this situation by people who don't care for the club one bit....

Archived