BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers' dealings with influential agent Jerome Anderson comes under scrutiny

Kean has told LT that Myles is here on merit, he believes that Myles has great potential as a late developer and compares him to Chris Smalling, Kean also says that he could've gone to Spain and got into the game late due to 'Schooling'.

Time will tell if he is right, but if he is that good, why isn't he playing regularly at Aberdeen? Kean has little or no credibility with fans, with this I think that he will lose the little credibility that he had.

• Replies 805
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And where is this Official information?

Anderson probably fed excedingly well on two finders' fees but that is a world removed from being appointed by the Trust.

If you answer number 1 and 2 in the post your question is self explanatory. As in Nicko has been spot on with his info on Venkys and Anderson so when he says its official I am inclined to believe his information, presenting opinion as fact is getting to be frequently pushed on here.

Kean has told LT that Myles is here on merit, he believes that Myles has great potential as a late developer and compares him to Chris Smalling, Kean also says that he could've gone to Spain and got into the game late due to 'Schooling'.

Time will tell if he is right, but if he is that good, why isn't he playing regularly at Aberdeen? Kean has little or no credibility with fans, with this I think that he will lose the little credibility that he had.

If that Chris Samba is so good, why isn't he playing regularly for Hertha Berlin?

And where is this Official information?

Anderson probably fed excedingly well on two finders' fees but that is a world removed from being appointed by the Trust.

I never get this almost obsessive insistence to hold your position even to the point of just arguing over semantics. It seems to me to have been widely accepted now that Anderson was brought in my the club/trust to find a buyer. This certainly seems to be backed up by reports in the Watford press and was quoted by Kean also. Clearly it doesn't change the position we are in now but it certainly seems to be the case yet you are still arguing over something irrelevant. He was appointed by somebody to find a buyer and most likely got a fee for doing so when he found Venky's, no doubt after trying to find several other buyers. How is that a world removed from being appointed by the trust?

You are obviously a rival journalist. Bugger off unless you have anything useful to contribute.

No. I had to create a new account because when I got a new pc I couldn't rem any of my login details, not even my email so no way of recovering and only option to create a new account. Old tag was "Damage" so i'm not a plant/journo or 5min noob just a sceptic/cynic.

Under our previous owners, relegation was coming within 5 years, no doubt. We would have been in an absolute state then, relegated with no money and nothing to spend

Although it would still be an absoloute disaster if we went down this season, at least we have the resources to come straight back up

at a cost of 60/70 million do you think Venkys would finance to that tune ???? if so think again !

The owners could very easily flog the club off to someone for a £10m loss, pocket change to their company and would be well within their rights to sell us to someone who had every intention of asset stripping the club.

Or they could take a mortgage out and make no loss whatsoever.

Perhaps nicko would like to ask them why they've done that? After all I thought they were billionaires. Why bother if you're loaded?

Actually maybe the Lancashire Telegraph would like to ask them? Would someone, anyone, please ask them?!

I know it's not easy when we never see them. Maybe the manager could jump on a plane and ask them? Then again...

1.- Appoint a chairman with football experience to act as a buffer between the owners and the manager, oversee transfers, etc.

2. - Get a more experienced manager in. I'm sure Kean has the ability to be a good manager, but he's lost the fans and possibly a good number of the players and he won't come back from that.

3. As far as the ludicrous talk of FA charges and points deduction goes - can anyone tell me what we've done to break the rules? We've signed a player on a pre-contract agreement who's the son of a football agent who advises our owners. I don't think that's against the rules, is it?

Points 1 and 2. We had both of those things in place but the Venkeys wouldn't allow independent thought and wanted full control albeit from a position of almost complete ignorance... despite Alan Nixon informing us that the brothers are the Indian equivalent of a cross between Statto and Henry Winter.

Point 3. Reading between lines Anderson appears to have many enemies within English footaball's heirarchy who are waiting to find any chink in his armour before sliding a blade in. The Venkeys are allowing him enough rope to hang himself.... and us.

You are obviously a rival journalist. Bugger off unless you have anything useful to contribute.

Some of us might say that wasn't a bad contribution at all. Especially now that we all know exactly whose mast our Lord Haw Haw's colours are nailed to.

I had a sinking feeling when I saw we'd signed JA's kid. Then I noticed that he's an SPL reserve, there's no fee, and he's probably on peanuts.

Relatively peanuts to PL players but big bucks to most on here.

Last I heard, academy players on 2 or 3 year contracts at Brockhall were on about £900 per week and rising.

My guess is that this guy will be on more than our Prime Minister and probably about £200k per annum, if not more.

Going back to the story in question, has it been clarified when was Anderson's son offered this contract? (i.e. who rubber stamped this signing?).

I am 99.99% certain that this player IS NOT a Rovers' player who has been loaned out.

Can anyone find any trace of him on BRFC Official Website ?

Perhaps nicko would like to ask them why they've done that? After all I thought they were billionaires. Why bother if you're loaded?

Actually maybe the Lancashire Telegraph would like to ask them? Would someone, anyone, please ask them?!

I know it's not easy when we never see them. Maybe the manager could jump on a plane and ask them? Then again...

I think Nicko flounced off before he could see my question as to where the money came from for Venky's to take over the club.

I think Nicko flounced off before he could see my question as to where the money came from for Venky's to take over the club.

He's a 21 year old who couldn't get a kick at Leyton pigging Orient or Aberdeen, Samba he ain't.

Totally agreed... Hertha, although not always successful, have been up there in a more than decent league... this whole thing with signing players connected to Jerome Anderson stinks!

The worst thing on this site is reading crap like this from you and a few others, berating those who are seriously concerned about the club's situation while you try to pretend everything's alright.

If you weren't making such a useless job of it I'd swear they were paying you.

Who's pretending everything is alrigh? On the pitch (where it matters) we have been diabolical. The PLAYERS have played us into this mess and it's up to them to grow a set and get us out of it.

Repeating behind te scenes conjecture like a doll with a pull chord doesn't give any of the recent claptrap any more credence though. Including this non-story about Andersons son

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/b/blackburn_rovers/9432795.stm

The last line is worrying enough "unable to establish himself" regardless of who his father is and what role he has at our club , if we're signing players not good enough for a poor SPL club then i'm really starting to worry about the future of our club

Who's pretending everything is alrigh? On the pitch (where it matters) we have been diabolical. The PLAYERS have played us into this mess and it's up to them to grow a set and get us out of it.

Reality check. It's MANAGERS who are responsible for the team selection and tactics and motivation and it's managers who get the sack when results are not good enough.

I don't suppose you would say it was the players who were responsible for the so-called "hoofball" (whatever that is) under Sam and not Sam himself ? Nah, didn't think so.

Repeating behind te scenes conjecture like a doll with a pull chord doesn't give any of the recent claptrap any more credence though. Including this non-story about Andersons son

oh the sweet irony, are you not repeating your point of view again and again and again yourself.?

so when sam was in charge and the team lost, it was sams fault, but when kean is in charge, and we lose, its only the players fault.. funny you were calling others agenda driven, when you post so much ######, that one would suspect, you are steve keans personal fluffer.

nicko in February: "Myles Anderson was signed back when Sam was in charge and loaned out once the new regime took over"

News now in March: "Myles Anderson has signed for Rovers from Aberdeen"

Fair enough, if we're taking Nicko's original comment about him to be a "Rovers player" to be that he was "signed" back then. It's not explicit but clearly implied. I don't expect him to get everything right and he's accurate in so far as he was here in the summer but it would be nice of him to clear up that particular point of detail if he is willing.

That might sound like I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt, I am. His info has been mostly good over the years.

In the grand scheme of things it doesn't matter. Spectacularly stupid thing to actually sign him now either way which is something everybody apart from Kean appears to agree on. Whilst there might not be any specific rules broken in this instance it draws far too much unwelcome attention.

Repeating behind the scenes conjecture like a doll with a pull chord doesn't give any of the recent claptrap any more credence though. Including this non-story about Andersons son

Cruz, I've always believed that it is ridiculous to be forced to suffer after the event when something could have been done before the event. With proper organisation we the fans could have done something for example in heading off the JW situation - if enough people had been bothered/motivated to so do. The reason most were not motivated was because of commentary like yours, most did not understand how bad things had become because others kept saying everythings fine and ridiculing those who tried to share important inside information.

Bad stuff has happened and if we want this to stop we should remember that this is our club and that the Venkys are temporary custodians of it, nothing more. I am reminded of Reagan's 1964 speech when he said "...history will record with the greatest astonishment that those who had the most to lose did the least to prevent its happening".

Just because posters cannot give chapter and verse on private conversations/disclosures it serves no purpose to constantly knock it back because you cannot verify it as fact. This is tantamount to putting your fingers in your ears and humming loudly whilst stating "won't listen, you can't make me". If we all claim to be fellow supporters then it's about time we started trusting each other and that trust includes trusting people not to make up stuff that if not true would hurt our club. You need to put a bit of faith into the good intents of other people on this board.

The Supporters Trust is a good idea albeit slightly late in the day. I would remind you of another line that goes something like "I looked and always thought that somebody should do something about that, then I remember that I was somebody".

Right now though is not the time to focus upon anything other than our survival. All in-fighting must surely be put on hold until we are safe and into the calm of the close season. That's the time for dicussion and action, not now. In the meantime it is right and proper that posters should continue to disclose matters such as this one and add it to the list for action in the Summer.

Please stop trying to close down all conversations that you don't agree with. You're a good supporter, you should be concerned. This is not claptrap.

TimmyJimmy, the only supporters that take proactive roles in European football are the continental ones, the Ultras so to speak. When Ranieri was on a bad run they began taking things in their own hands outside the games on top of during the games. I'm not sure the kind of passion that those fans feel, fans of English clubs feel too, at least not at our club.

We seem to have some of the quietest, less spoken, most passive fans. Maybe its cause of the average age of most of the ground. Its just a random observation but everytime Ive been at Ewood Park, most of the fans have been either very young or quite old.

Now please note that it doesnt mean our fans support us less than others, but Im specifically talking about raw PASSION.

Archived