BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers' dealings with influential agent Jerome Anderson comes under scrutiny

TimmyJimmy, the only supporters that take proactive roles in European football are the continental ones, the Ultras so to speak

Untrue. Every fan that has trasped through JW's office to complain has been proactive. Every fan who has taken an issue to the FF has been proactive. Every FF member who argued with the club on their behalf has. Every person that has tried to use their personal influence on both club and board members has. Even those on here who tried to warn others of the impending doom did.

You don't have to hijack a coach full of footballers or threaten a club official to make a difference.

• Replies 805
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After this latest signing I think I will withdraw my support until such time as the club is under new ownership.

Venky's legitimately bought the club I suppose and if they want to destroy this fine club that is their prerogative, but they will not do it with my backing.

Blackburn Rovers will be in the Championship next season and hopefully that financial catastrophe will scare off the cowboys from India and someone (hopefully local) will come in who has a grip on reality and some clue about how to run a club.

I suggest we all refuse to buy any tickets for games or any merchandise until they have gone. It’s up to you all of course, but if we go on with these idiots much longer BRFC will simply cease to exist.

[quote name='Plastic Head' timestamp='1300890189' post='1040709'

I suggest we all refuse to buy any tickets for games or any merchandise until they have gone. It’s up to you all of course, but if we go on with these idiots much longer BRFC will simply cease to exist.

I agree with 2nd part of the last sentence!!

Unfortunately the 1st part of that i do not agree with. We (blackburn rovers football club) need all the support we can get on April 9th. I am taking 3 extras to the birmingham game. Come on you blues!!

Untrue. Every fan that has trasped through JW's office to complain has been proactive. Every fan who has taken an issue to the FF has been proactive. Every FF member who argued with the club on their behalf has. Every person that has tried to use their personal influence on both club and board members has. Even those on here who tried to warn others of the impending doom did.

You don't have to hijack a coach full of footballers or threaten a club official to make a difference.

Ok maybe it was the wrong word. Lets say instead of proactive, if we were to use to influential, assertive, etc...

Just because posters cannot give chapter and verse on private conversations/disclosures it serves no purpose to constantly knock it back because you cannot verify it as fact. This is tantamount to putting your fingers in your ears and humming loudly whilst stating "won't listen, you can't make me". If we all claim to be fellow supporters then it's about time we started trusting each other and that trust includes trusting people not to make up stuff that if not true would hurt our club. You need to put a bit of faith into the good intents of other people on this board.

Sorry but I don't agree. Information that was posted was often combined with speculation in a way that did not add up. When things did not manifest in the way that was speculated, it becomes very difficult for others to do anything tangible with either then or on similar occurrences in the future.

Case in point, Maradona. What appears to have happened was that one of the brothers refused to let the idea of appointing him go after it had been dismissed and was thus unilaterally pursuing it anyway but crucially, was largely ignored by Mrs Desai and the other. That's my reading of it of course, I've only so much to base that on.

How was that presented to the board? As a plan to offer him the managers job and oust and/or demote Kean at a time when he looked like having more of a clue during a meeting in early February. There was no reference to that being one person's idea that would ultimately have no chance of happening.

So when this worst case scenario doesn't manifest, think how that looks to most posters. Does it mean the likes of BPF and PhilipL were wrong? Not completely. They are posting what they hear and even they don't have a full picture but being anything less than clear about exactly what it is they've heard and where they are adding speculation is counter-productive. Though I've mentioned him, BPF in particular has walked that line very well. PhilipL I'm afraid less so and he gets stick as a result. Nicko isn't going to live down is one comment about Kean and a presser either. It works both ways.

You can apply this to numerous other situations. Boyd & Geovani, the player "revolt" came across to me more sexed up than it actually was. I appreciate it must be frustrating trying to protect sources and yet not be taken seriously but as I said at the time it will only lead to a boy-who-cried-wolf effect if tangible things don't materialise. Nicko didn't rock up and convince everybody here he had a genuine inside line on day one. He built that reputation by disclosing information that could be verified within a relatively short time frame and the non-trivial fact that he puts his name to it in a national newspaper (Yes papers write rubbish all the time but he's vastly more visible to be shot at having done so none-the-less).

For JW specifically, I didn't expect him to be around much longer as it was obvious Venky's wanted to run the club in a different way. There's nothing intrinsically wrong with that so long as they've got their stuff together before taking such dramatic action. Clearly they haven't but the lack of a plan post his departure was either not mentioned as a concern or was speculated as Anderson taking charge which doesn't appear to have happened either.

It's all very easy to say this in hindsight I accept and certainly very difficult to get it right in the maelstrom of a very heated and polarised debate but I think it's asking a lot for supporters to take action on the basis of some of the secret squirrel type posts on here. There were and are, ways and means of disclosing information (if it's in the best interests of the club) discreetly away from these boards. I offered to advise on that count several times and was not taken up. Possibly precisely because doing so wasn't in the best interest at the time. Fair enough but I don't see how vague warnings about "things going on" were then in that same interest either.

Right now though is not the time to focus upon anything other than our survival. All in-fighting must surely be put on hold until we are safe and into the calm of the close season. In the meantime it is right and proper that posters should continue to disclose matters such as this one and add it to the list for action in the Summer.

That said, I agree with this sentiment completely.

TimmyJimmy, the only supporters that take proactive roles in European football are the continental ones, the Ultras so to speak. When Ranieri was on a bad run they began taking things in their own hands outside the games on top of during the games. I'm not sure the kind of passion that those fans feel, fans of English clubs feel too, at least not at our club.

We seem to have some of the quietest, less spoken, most passive fans. Maybe its cause of the average age of most of the ground. Its just a random observation but everytime Ive been at Ewood Park, most of the fans have been either very young or quite old.

Now please note that it doesnt mean our fans support us less than others, but Im specifically talking about raw PASSION.

what about man utd and their fans boycotting of the glazers...even setting up a rival footy team

liverpools fans successfully helped to get rid of their america owners...

there's just not enough rovers fans that actually care that much to do anything about it.

how difficult would it be to organise a mass protest - one that would force the media to start reporting on what is and has happened at ewood since the venkys took over. its not difficult - it just takes enough people to want to make it happen

what about man utd and their fans boycotting of the glazers...even setting up a rival footy team

liverpools fans successfully helped to get rid of their america owners...

there's just not enough rovers fans that actually care that much to do anything about it.

how difficult would it be to organise a mass protest - one that would force the media to start reporting on what is and has happened at ewood since the venkys took over. its not difficult - it just takes enough people to want to make it happen

What did Uniteds fans achieve exactly? Kudos to them, cause they went really as far as they could go under the circumstances but nothing has changed.

About Liverpool fans, I think the boardroom problems between the two partners were the main reason the club's ownership deteriorated + their own desire to sell. Other than being discontent I dont know what Liverpool fans did exactly.

What have we done done? No one is even reporting that we are disgruntled. So I agree with you last couple of lines.

What did Uniteds fans achieve exactly? Kudos to them, cause they went really as far as they could go under the circumstances but nothing has changed.

About Liverpool fans, I think the boardroom problems between the two partners were the main reason the club's ownership deteriorated + their own desire to sell. Other than being discontent I dont know what Liverpool fans did exactly.

What have we done done? No one is even reporting that we are disgruntled. So I agree with you last couple of lines.

This keeps coming up and up again. The Liverpool fans moaned and complained about the owners of their club and their supposed inability to bank roll the club. They did not force the owners to sell, the owner defaulted on their loans to RBS and others. Thus the banks took control of the club and sold it.

The Liverpool fans did bugger all really but they were organized and kept their plight in the news every now and then.

Go ahead and protest against Venkeys it will make bugger all difference as no one else wants the club. It give me no joy at all to say that but its true. There is little we can do as Rovers fans this season apart from get behind the team and put pressure on Kean the Clown to get out. He will not be sacked this season, I don't know why but its something I believe.

We should get the Supporters Association set up ASAP and open up talks with the club. I am afraid that there is little I can do from Bangkok to help the Association day to day but if they have any IT needs I am more than happy to help. Of course setting up the Association will cost money I will be happy to donate some money to this cause.

On Myles Anderson...just to clear up.

I mentioned that he had been here - some months after - because it was an illustration that Jerome Anderson was actually 'close' to the club for longer than the arrival of Venky's.

I can't find where I said he would definitely be coming until yesterday.

It turns out this was agreed at the end of last year and before he want to Aberdeen.

Anyway, those are the details.

Still the stupidest deal I can remember in some time.

Over and out.

Just burn an effergy(sp) of a chicken, that should upset them. Or burn a real chicken, put the ashes or whatever it is in an urn, and do a Paul Bearer with the owners. ;)

Did you mean this fella, Icemen?

Paul%20Bearer.jpg

:lol:

I thought it was impossible for Kean to look a bigger n0b but after this debacle he deserves everything he gets.....My favourite bit is when Kean says hes here on merit? What like you are Mr Kean? :blink:

The guys a joke, a puppet, a yes man.....oh but as Mrs Desai says "hes a vedy vedy good tinker"

The problem is, you can't take action because of something you've heard that might or might not be true, or because philipl hints about something dark but you've no real idea what that might be(no reflection, philip, just an example). I've always believed in taking action but you have to be sure why you are taking action, and what you want the outcome to be.

We fans are currently in an impossible situation. I'm itching to do something, write to Mrs D, stand outside (or inside) the ground with a poster decrying the new regime or whatever. I probably will write to Mrs D, but the missive has to be very carefully worded as I'd prefer it not to be tossed in the nearest bin. The trouble is, I don't KNOW what exactly is happening - and indeed that's nothing new, our previous owners were not exactly forthcoming about happenings at the club. Things don't feel right, but is that enough? I could deride Mr Kean, but what exactly would that prove - Venky's obviously have faith in him and he isn't going to shift. There's no point is criticising anything they have done as for one thing that is past and for another it will only put their backs up. They will realise their mistakes on that score soon enough.

There's no point in talking about relegation until it becomes a certainty (hopefully it won't), and even so we are not likely to find out their plans of dealing with such a situation - or if indeed they have any and if the worst comes to the worst will they be running around like headless you know whats.

I could point out that the fans generally are not happy, many feel Rovers is no longer 'their' club and there are likely to be many who will not renew their season tickets. I could mention poor PR - but they probably are already aware of that issue and hopefully will be addressing it. At least we don't seem to be getting a lot of daft/multiple/later proved untrue statements at the moment, but it could be that the World Cup Cricket has their attention at the moment. I could mention that (football) agents generally are perceived by the masses to be the devil incarnate and one should be very careful when dealing with them and preferably not invite them to tea, but again I'm not convinced that would be wise.

So - remembering advice is seen as criticism - what would YOU say?

Whose 'yes man' is Steve Kean? Anderson (ill) advising Venky's telling Kean to put up or shut up? I thought they had some business sense, the lack of football knowledge is shocking and Jerome Anderson must know he's making himself look like a muppet.

We desperately need to stay up this season, I am more scared than ever of what will happen if we don't.

Arte et labore.

On Myles Anderson...just to clear up.

I mentioned that he had been here - some months after - because it was an illustration that Jerome Anderson was actually 'close' to the club for longer than the arrival of Venky's.

I can't find where I said he would definitely be coming until yesterday.

It turns out this was agreed at the end of last year and before he want to Aberdeen.

Anyway, those are the details.

Still the stupidest deal I can remember in some time.

Over and out.

Thanks for taking the time to comment. For the benefit of Miker, who I was debating with rather than being picky. You said this in Feb (my emphasis, apologies for it being difficult to link to a specific post) ;-

There is one absolutely brilliant line that I have sat on for months as the Jerome Anderson link emerged - and all of the blethers from some 'well-informed' quarters rumble on.

Anderon's son has been a Rovers player for MONTHS - since before the takeover - and not one person around here mentioned it.

One of the first things the new regime did was to send him out on loan.

If we've only signed a pre-contract in Jan, then well you can see why it might be viewed as a contradiction. I'm less bothered about the details as I can see what you were attempting to illustrate but others might be less generous. If we've any sense we'll ship him straight back to Aberdeen in the summer and try and blag a fee for him.

Cruz, I've always believed that it is ridiculous to be forced to suffer after the event when something could have been done before the event. With proper organisation we the fans could have done something for example in heading off the JW situation - if enough people had been bothered/motivated to so do. The reason most were not motivated was because of commentary like yours, most did not understand how bad things had become because others kept saying everythings fine and ridiculing those who tried to share important inside information.

Bad stuff has happened and if we want this to stop we should remember that this is our club and that the Venkys are temporary custodians of it, nothing more. I am reminded of Reagan's 1964 speech when he said "...history will record with the greatest astonishment that those who had the most to lose did the least to prevent its happening".

Just because posters cannot give chapter and verse on private conversations/disclosures it serves no purpose to constantly knock it back because you cannot verify it as fact. This is tantamount to putting your fingers in your ears and humming loudly whilst stating "won't listen, you can't make me". If we all claim to be fellow supporters then it's about time we started trusting each other and that trust includes trusting people not to make up stuff that if not true would hurt our club. You need to put a bit of faith into the good intents of other people on this board.

The Supporters Trust is a good idea albeit slightly late in the day. I would remind you of another line that goes something like "I looked and always thought that somebody should do something about that, then I remember that I was somebody".

Right now though is not the time to focus upon anything other than our survival. All in-fighting must surely be put on hold until we are safe and into the calm of the close season. That's the time for dicussion and action, not now. In the meantime it is right and proper that posters should continue to disclose matters such as this one and add it to the list for action in the Summer.

Please stop trying to close down all conversations that you don't agree with. You're a good supporter, you should be concerned. This is not claptrap.

Maybe people would like to "do something", TimmyJimmy, but with the cloak-and-dagger, "I know something that you don't know" farce that is reinforced time and time again (often amounting to complete BS, may I add) by the likes of yourself and Philipl, maybe folk here don't know exactly what they are supposed to be "doing something" about. I for one don't have a bl00dy clue.

Over the last few weeks, I have grown tired and bored with the political diarrhea that has been associated with BRFC, but, to be honest, 80% of this has been from reading this messageboard, especially from posters "in the know".

I am still waiting for the "5 or 6" great announcements to bring a "Venky's love-in", or the myriad other promises made by "in the know" BPF.

I'm afraid you boys have just cried wolf one too many times and for that reason, I can no longer appreciate your posts.

I'm off now to bury my head in the sand, once again.

At least it's only a game, eh.

If we've only signed a pre-contract in Jan, then well you can see why it might be viewed as a contradiction. I'm less bothered about the details as I can see what you were attempting to illustrate but others might be less generous. If we've any sense we'll ship him straight back to Aberdeen in the summer and try and blag a fee for him.

I understood he was 'signed' for Rovers quite some time before but was being put to Aberdeen in the meantime.

When he actually put pen to paper is up for debate.

Either way the whole thing sees nobody win.

The player will have no chance of progressing at Rovers because of this 'handicap.'

The father/agent can't be making any money on this.

And the manager is having to defend one of the daftest deals in history.

Father and son links make life difficult for the son. Fergie junior, Todd and son, maybe even Clough and son.

It is just quite staggering.

After this latest signing I think I will withdraw my support until such time as the club is under new ownership.

Venky's legitimately bought the club I suppose and if they want to destroy this fine club that is their prerogative, but they will not do it with my backing.

Blackburn Rovers will be in the Championship next season and hopefully that financial catastrophe will scare off the cowboys from India and someone (hopefully local) will come in who has a grip on reality and some clue about how to run a club.

Agreed

Cant wait for the new Keith Andrews (myles anderson) to pull on the blue and white halves. anyone else think he is probably worse than Keith???

You clearly know what the impending doom is and you are on the fans forum.

If you are convinced that the club are in dire trouble are you going to raise the concerns at the next fans forum ?

I like a few others on here are very concerned about what may/may not be going on but the fact is I am not in the know and I don't know the details of the impending doom other than what I have read on here.

Nicko is saying that other than the league position we are in nothing sinister is happening while some other people are telling us that there is stuff going on that could lead to the existence of the club coming into question.

To be honest I am confused as hell and I don't know who to believe anymore.

nicko, are rovers/the owners likely to use Kentaro/Jerome Anderson in the summer transfer window to sign players?

are we likely to sign players from SEM/Kentaro?

I think it's maybe time to try and explain how this thing works...and then get back to the day job.

The Venky's people know Philippe Huber and used him to find them a football club. They tried for a couple in England and a couple in Europe. Huber is a well-connected Swiss guy [stephane Henchoz was one of his clients] and is mates with one of the Rao brothers. He also runs Kentaro, a large football agency and marketing company.

Jerome Anderson is a football agent whose company SEM were used - among others - by Rovers to find a new buyer. Anderson came up with Venky's as one of the potential bidders. I believe there were others who proved a waste of time.

SEM is part of Kentaro.

So the lot of them are joined at the hip.

This should be a good thing in some ways, but only if you get results.

I feel a bit sorry for Venky's in this. They put clean money up after many time-wasters and talkers tried to buy Rovers in recent years. I respect anybody who puts their cash into a football club. Apparently that means I work for them which is a surprise to me as the cheque hasn't landed yet.

I would imagine they will use their contacts to get players in the summer. I hope they are good ones.

This should be a good thing in some ways, but only if you get results.

Surely you are only reducing the probability of obtaining results when you appoint a novice in Steve Kean who has never managed before in his life.

Plus putting him together with John Jensen presumably, and only, because he is part of the SEM network?

Truly bizarre thinking.

Cruz, I've always believed that it is ridiculous to be forced to suffer after the event when something could have been done before the event. With proper organisation we the fans could have done something for example in heading off the JW situation - if enough people had been bothered/motivated to so do. The reason most were not motivated was because of commentary like yours, most did not understand how bad things had become because others kept saying everythings fine and ridiculing those who tried to share important inside information.

Bad stuff has happened and if we want this to stop we should remember that this is our club and that the Venkys are temporary custodians of it, nothing more. I am reminded of Reagan's 1964 speech when he said "...history will record with the greatest astonishment that those who had the most to lose did the least to prevent its happening".

The Supporters Trust is a good idea albeit slightly late in the day. I would remind you of another line that goes something like "I looked and always thought that somebody should do something about that, then I remember that I was somebody".

Right now though is not the time to focus upon anything other than our survival. All in-fighting must surely be put on hold until we are safe and into the calm of the close season. That's the time for dicussion and action, not now. In the meantime it is right and proper that posters should continue to disclose matters such as this one and add it to the list for action in the Summer.

Please stop trying to close down all conversations that you don't agree with. You're a good supporter, you should be concerned. This is not claptrap.

Excellent post TJ.

Archived