BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Shirt 2011/12

why should we be happy with a late late start to the new shirt sales?

press release ? oh by heck im excited!!

someone heading from pune? of whoppy do ,shouldnt that have been done on day of our sale?

ITS PATHETIC!!!!!

Tottenham's not out till September 14th 2011 !!!!!!!!!!!!

http://shop.tottenhamhotspur.com/product/tottenham-hotspur-mens-cup-kit-2011/12-short-sleeved/mcss11/?TRE00034/&utm_source=spurs-shop-box&utm_medium=thfc-site_third-kit-out-now/&utm_campaign=shop&utm_content=google|organic&utm_term=tottenham

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does anyone reckon there's any chance of getting that system back where fans voted on about 4 different designs if enough of us contacted the club? Or managed to get a petition going of some sort.

I know that everyone is going to have different tastes over the kits but at least with that old system the majority wins.

Everybody I know absolutely hates our new yellow kit one going as far to say 'worst kit in the prem by far'.

Surely this could have been avoided by the old system.

Now I'm not sure if it is anything to do with the club or if Umbro decides to not let us implement this system but surely Umbro must come up with a shortlist that gets discussed with executives at the club, even if this info was just passed to fans or they simply asked what fans were looking for in a shirt they could go with majority ideas.

In my mind it just seems good business sense, if you go with a design the majority wants then the majority will buy shirts, whereas a poor kit is going to sell badly.

Some people may like the yellow kit, as I say everyone has different opinions but I think it can only be good for the club to go with what the majority would like.

Also is this our last season with Umbro or do we have another year with them? Seeing the back of them can't come soon enough for me it's just been an awful set of kits all round this year from Umbro in my opinion.

None of the 'big' kit manufacturers would let a club of our size design their own kits, its simply too much work for them. Every kit manufacturer has stock templates and the designs are done within them. Id much rather work within these parameters and stay with a decent manufacturer who supply good training gear, etc than go back to the cheap tat that was Lonsdale.

I've just seen the press release about the 'sponsorship' on the front of the shirt. I must say I a proud to say I am a supporter of the club today. What a fantastic move to put the Prince's Trust on there instead of some moneygrabbing, back stabbing insurance company or the like. If this is an example of how Venky's really do business then they have my vote.

Shirts with or without sponsorship.

What a positive day for the owners, if they had a BRFCS account they'd be +2 on todays announcements.

I think the shirt looks great either way, but being a sucker for having exactly what the players wear I will probably wait for the sponsor to be added.

I hope the red PT logo can be made black for the away shirt.

I think i will be getting the home shirt without the sponsor, not that I haeva problem with the sponsor i just like the look of it left blank.

Well looks like the management are pushing in the right direction, sure some people will find reason to be unhappy but I feel we are turning a corner-ish.

Hopefully the club shop will have an example of the shirt in the club shop on Saturday so that we can make up our minds on whether to buy it then or wait.

Personally I think I'll have to go for it sponsor free, nothing against the choice of charity just that I don't think I could wear it safely in these parts at times.

Any chance of a poll on the non- reversed halves for this season ?

It's the only thing I dislike about the new shirt......old fuddy duddy or respecter of tradition ?

Im sure we used to play in non-reversed halves?? Im pretty sure there are shots of Rovers playing with the halves as they are in the current shirt, thats why its 'retro'.

A question.. If we buy a shirt now and choose to have the logo added after I'm assuming they're just going to iron it on like they do with numbers on the back.

If people are waiting the 3-4 weeks that it suggests on the website are those shirts going to be different with the logo printed into the fabric rather than a patch ironed on? It uses the word 'branded' not sure why we would have to wait 3-4 weeks to purchase one with Prince's trust on if they're just ironing them all on.

A question, would we have had the option of a blank shirt if a company was sponsoring us?

I would very much doubt a paying sponsor would allow it but since its a charity donation, the club have obviously listened to what the fans have wanted over the past few weeks and released it for sale without.

At least they are listening to us.

A question.. If we buy a shirt now and choose to have the logo added after I'm assuming they're just going to iron it on like they do with numbers on the back.

If people are waiting the 3-4 weeks that it suggests on the website are those shirts going to be different with the logo printed into the fabric rather than a patch ironed on? It uses the word 'branded' not sure why we would have to wait 3-4 weeks to purchase one with Prince's trust on if they're just ironing them all on.

The delay for putting the logo on would be due to the fact they need to make enough of them first. Once they are ready then you will be able to get it printed on if you have a blank shirt or buy it readily printed. Obviously the players shirts take priority and will be ready for Saturday.

Archived