BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] If you could have any ex Rovers striker for the last five games who would it be ?

Sutton wasn't there for us in 1999, his injuries are why we got relegated, if he was fit and Gallacher we would have never gone down.

Maybe he and RSC have more in common than they realise.

On ability alone he was a superb player for us. That whole side looked beaten in 99. There was a sense of impending doom about the place. I can't work out whether its the same this time around. Certainly amongst the fans it is, but up until the Goodison collapse, the players looked up for it. We shall see i guess.

This one is easy Alan Shearer , without any thought , I would even play him at his age now ...

Sutton wasn't there for us in 1999, his injuries are why we got relegated, if he was fit and Gallacher we would have never gone down.

Very True ,,

Shearer and Fred Pickering together, would have been absolutely enormous.

i realise this is a bit off topic and Fm isn't everyones cup of tea. But I once way way back on the old amiga got a regen come through called Fred Pickering Jnr. You are dead right him and shearer were golden and young pickering ended up Rovers highest ever scorer with about 1200 career goals.

Best career game I ever had on FM.

The really is no other realistic answer than Shearer. Nobody else compares.

Just compared the records of Briggs and Shearer.

Shearer just shades it with 130 goals in 165 appearences = 0.788 goals per game

Briggs with 143 goals in 204 appearences = 0.7 per game

• Backroom

Just compared the records of Briggs and Shearer.

Shearer just shades it with 130 goals in 165 appearences = 0.788 goals per game

Briggs with 143 goals in 204 appearences = 0.7 per game

I'd argue Shearer would adapt to the modern game far quicker. Depends how deep the question goes I suppose :P

Tony Field , a genius on his day ..

Do you remember a home game, Field won the ball on the right in our half, he lofted the ball forward( to himself!) ran past everyone and cracked a thundrous shot toward goal, it was pouring down as well. The crowd was in stunned amazement.

Do you remember a home game, Field won the ball on the right in our half, he lofted the ball forward( to himself!) ran past everyone and cracked a thundrous shot toward goal, it was pouring down as well. The crowd was in stunned amazement.

Only Rovers player to play with Pele?

Archived