• Created
  • Last Reply

If Dunn is out and Hoilett available I would go for this team:-

-------------------Benjani

-----Hoilett----Pedersen-------Diouf

---------Nzonzi------------J Jones

Olsson----Samba----P Jones-----Salgado

-------------------Robinson

Kean should take MGP aside and tell him to not worry about his form and just concentrate on working really really hard. He sometimes is very good at this, covering a huge amount of yards on the pitch, but recently has been totally demotivated. We also need Diouf to keep it tight defensively and focus on getting in the box for Hoilett and Olsson's crosses as that is where we will get the most joy.

Rochina used as a sub for Pedersen at some point.

However Kean's recent selection record suggests he will probably go for this team given the same squad:-

------------Benjani----Roberts

Hoilett-----Nzonzi----J Jones---Emerton

Olsson----Samba---P Jones---Salgado

-------------------Robinson

This is okay for me as it has the crucial Olsson-Hoilett combination to produce chances, and Nzonzi should keep us more solid in midfield. I do however think Roberts and Emerton do just not offer enough to warrent inclusion and if Bolton have a good day they could overrun us in midfield. But Kean is keen on the pair, so to speak.

• Backroom

If we lose this match we will basically have no choice but to win away to West Ham and Wolves. Seeing as the chances of that happening are remote to say the least, we really, really must win this one. We've cocked up the home games against Blackpool and Birmingham, we can't afford to do the same here.

Anything other than a win and we really will be staring into the abyss. I'm praying that the players are going to rediscover the confidence and belief that gave us such a fantastic record at Ewood in the past. If they can forget Steve Kean, just ignore his presence entirely, and try and remember what it was like before he slithered into his role... perhaps we will scrape a win.

Personally.. I think it'll be a draw, 1-1, and this season is going to come down to our final game against Wolves. It's going to be a hell of a ride between now and the end of the season :mellow:

remember when big sam took over and we needed to win certain games, did he not throw samba up front as a target man? Would it be worth trying this out and supplying him with crosses rather than lump kicks up front?

If that happens what was the point in sacking BFS. Remember our owners wanted to be entertained and change the way Rovers play.

Yes. Samba's a big physical lump, but he isn't anywhere near a PL striker.

He was more useful for our home matches playing up front - he caused havoc in the Spurs game, their centre backs did not know how to handle him. He was a major reason why we stayed up that year IMO.

Hoilett back from injury and N'Zonzi off suspension are both big boosts to the club. To me, the line up writes itself:

Salgado - Samba - P. Jones - Givet

Hoilett- J. Jones - N'Zonzi - Olsson

Benjani - Kalinic

Interesting to note Fulhams goals came from set pieces. Ours against City were awful. Perhaps that's a decent case for starting Pedersen.

He was more useful for our home matches playing up front - he caused havoc in the Spurs game, their centre backs did not know how to handle him. He was a major reason why we stayed up that year IMO.

I agree he played a big part in keeping us up. Was poor football viewing but when you are fighting to stay up who cares.

'All for one and one for all' in this game!

The time has come to see what Rovers are made of from the fans through to the players and Agnew should drop Kean from doing any pre and post match interviews as we really dont need to or want to know what he thinks any longer.

:lol:

All for one and one for all indeed!!!!!!

Errrrrrrrrr...........apart from the manager. Don't like him.

:lol:

Yes. Samba's a big physical lump, but he isn't anywhere near a PL striker.

Correct Den.

Interesting to note Fulhams goals came from set pieces. Ours against City were awful. Perhaps that's a decent case for starting Pedersen.

......or at least on the bench to offer options. Every deadball situation we had against City was wasted. Cannot make the same mistake again

• Backroom

Part of me can't wait for this, part of me doesn't want it to come just because if we let this slip it will feel like that's it for us at least pre match we can cling on to a bit of hope

Part of me can't wait for this, part of me doesn't want it to come just because if we let this slip it will feel like that's it for us at least pre match we can cling on to a bit of hope

I feel pretty much the same because there still is some hope. I base this not on Kean's relentless positivity or Venky's blissful ignorance but on some 'negatives':

Bolton are not good travellers - in fact, if the league was based on away games only then with only 11 points from 18 games they would be in the relegation zone;

Bolton's away record is not better than Rovers home record - Rovers 24 points from 17 games is far superior;

Bolton are not favourites with the bookies to win;

Rovers are not one of the three favourites with the bookies to go down;

...and best of all, Hoilett has not been ruled out yet !

Two unpredictable sides, so a difficult one to call.

Yes, we know it's a must win but will nerves get the better of us ?

Make no mistake, Bolton will be far more up for this one than they were the Fulham match and, let's not forget, Fulham are a very decent unit that have been bossed by two very decent managers in recent times!!!

I have a horrible feeling that it will finish all square.

have to win, and honestly i really belive if we dont win this then we are down. west ham and wolves will be fighting for thier lives and they will have the home advantage whilst we all know our away form. 2 wins out of bolton, west ham and wolves and we are safe. i would go as far as saying 4 points will keep us up. people say 41 points will be enough, i would go as far as saying 39 will, alot of the bottom sides still have to face each other and im predicting alot of draws from those games. but this is the biggest game we have had in years.

id play this barring all the slights doubts make it whilst the major doubts dont.

GK: Robinson

RB: Salgado

LB: Givet

CB: P.Jones

CB: Samba

MR: Holiett

ML: Olsson

MC: J.Jones

MC: N'Zonzi

AMC:Rochina

FW: Benjani / Kalinic

Archived