BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Tittle Tattle

I don't doubt that Jones is a committed player. But if he comes down into the Championship with us, there's a big chance he might be forgotten about and the next big thing will catch the eye of the big clubs. Especially if Rovers as a team don't do that well, as people will be less likely to notice his performances.

Of course players get signed from the Championship too, but this summer is his best chance of a move if we go down. I'm very much anti Venkys but I think if relegated, we'd struggle to keep hold of him under any owners.

If we go down Jones goes no doubt about it. He is clearly, in my eyes at least, the outstanding young defender in the premier league English or otherwise. Real Madrid, Barca, Inter etc. may fancy a punt as much as Liverpool, Chelsea, Man Utd etc. That he can be so good in a team struggling like us speaks volumes.

Best young player since Duff. I would probably say better.

Even if we stay up we have him for two year tops. Unheard of for a defender of his age to look so good anywhere in the Premiership as far as I can recall, maybe Rio aside.

I'd put 50 quid on 20 England caps at least.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

in fairness to venky's ..if the walkers were still in control they would sell Jones if someone was to bid £15m - £20m for him and we would be arguing all night as to how much the manager (whoever it may be) would see of it

If we go down Jones goes no doubt about it. He is clearly, in my eyes at least, the outstanding young defender in the premier league English or otherwise. Real Madrid, Barca, Inter etc. may fancy a punt as much as Liverpool, Chelsea, Man Utd etc. That he can be so good in a team struggling like us speaks volumes.

Best young player since Duff. I would probably say better.

Even if we stay up we have him for two year tops. Unheard of for a defender of his age to look so good anywhere in the Premiership as far as I can recall, maybe Rio aside.

I'd put 50 quid on 20 England caps at least.

I agree he'll leave if we go down. I was more saying despite his loyalties to Rovers, he'd be totally justified in leaving.

• 2 weeks later...

Levy wants to sell several high-profile players, including four who are currently out on loan – striker Robbie Keane, who is at West Ham, and midfielders Jamie O'Hara (at Wolverhampton Wanderers), Giovani dos Santos (at Racing Santander) and David Bentley (at Birmingham City).

Defender Jonathan Woodgate and goalkeeper Carlo Cudicini are both out of contract in the summer and are unlikely to be offered new deals.

Tottenham will also listen to offers for the likes of Roman Pavlyuchenko, Niko Kranjcar, Alan Hutton, Vedran Corluka and Wilson Palacios.

taken from the independent

a few there i wouldnt mid seein in a rovers shirt ........if we stay up of course

Rudd

Not sure why Spurs would be after him.

He would have taken the chance, that Robbie Keane missed and done so with his eyes closed. He is the type of striker, that you know will be in the right position at the right time.

Seb Larsson

I seem to recall in the Jan window certain people were very certain he was coming to us at the end of the season. Apologies I can't remember who, anyone got any 'inside' word that we might still be getting him? He would still be a decent signing in my eyes on a free. We seem to have missed that EH Diouf role in some of our games and Larsson has a decent cross on him. I wouldn't want him to stunt Hoillett's progress by keeping him out of the team but to be honest if we strengthened the side I'd much rather see him in a more central role next season anyway (assuming we stay up).

Edit: I realise that I shouldn't be making that assumption yet, but hopefully....

Seb Larrson is average to say the least, and as for Novo, both just highlight how bad Steve Kean will be as a manager for Blackburn Rovers as all are below the standard required.

Archived