BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Could it get worse ?

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes of course you can. The club is the deal maker not the owners.

From the front page it implys that a middleman got a payment of £50k when Givet made his transfer to Rovers.

Now it comes down to proving the chain of money transfers. Assuming that Rovers didn't pay this middleman then I don't see a problem, if they did then god help us and Sam has some explaining to do.

I'm not familiar with the rules around these sort of things, what exactly is illegal about paying a middle-man for referring the transfer to us? How does it differ from an agent fee?

Totally agree Bucky,

From time to time, these kind of sensationalist comments in the press come out just to sell papers, I very much doubt that either/both BS and JW knew about any bung, especially with the allegations already attributed to BS in the not to distant past. If Givet has bunged 'anything', i'm sure the club will be exonerated and the blame will lie elsewhere.

youd hope not, earl. but the game is rife with illegal payments and bungs to managers.

id recommend this book.. to any football fan. it pulls no punches. and names and shames.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Broken-Dreams-Souring-British-Football/dp/184739003X/ref=ntt_at_ep_dpt_2/276-7524127-3440866

chief villan in the past has been arry..

again read the book ;) particularly the bit when the west ham chairman sacked him, after arry believe he was going in for a new contract! :lol:

redknapp though has had a 12m house since he managed bournemouth, west ham and portsmouth the 1st time! :blink:

all speculation, but unfortunately for sam, he'll be dragged through the mud, because of what has been done before.

maybe this could explain sam wanting to make a hasty exit to the UAE ?? ALLEGEDLY.

for now, im more worried about how this affects givet, for sunday. kean cant afford to leave him out.

I came on here this morning to gauge the reaction to the Kean drink-driving story. Didn't expect to see this one too.

What terrible timing this is! Surely Kean won't want to put Givet on the field on Sunday while there is a gutter-press media frenzy hanging over his head.

After all the issues regarding the influence of Anderson, could this be the final straw for the Premier League/FA?

It's obviously hung over him for the last month or so and he's playing as well as ever.

Unless there is significant fallout over the next few days he would still be in my XI come Sunday.

ok a few headlines for Venkys to deal with this morning,

I don't imagine for one second John Williams would have had anything to do with shady dealings like this, therefore I think it will be nothing to do with the club. From the article I get the impression the guy was expecting the payment from Givets agent, then when he told him to swivel, pursued Givet personally, who for some reason handed over money.

The sun haven't mentioned any connection of this guy to the club, however they are just protecting themselves from a libel case therefore they have no evidence of a connection, if they did they would print it for sure.

Am I missing something.

If Givet signed for us permanently in june 2009, why did he pay this guy in December 2010 ???

It is nothing more than a bloke attempting to swindle another bloke out of his cash. Fools and their money are easily seperated. I first considered blackmail - but then Black would need imfo on Givet that Givet wanted kept quiet. But it appears Givet has got a new agent (I dread to think who that maybe). So maybe his previous agent was also in on the 'scam', if that is what it was.

I've got an app on my phone that gives me all the dailys, this rubbish only appears in the Sun, fuss about nowt.

Most now seem to be running it on their websites, including the Guardian who are quoting the FA saying they will investigate the evidence which has been supplied to them

It is nothing more than a bloke attempting to swindle another bloke out of his cash. Fools and their money are easily seperated. I first considered blackmail - but then Black would need imfo on Givet that Givet wanted kept quiet. But it appears Givet has got a new agent (I dread to think who that maybe). So maybe his previous agent was also in on the 'scam', if that is what it was.

Thats exactly what I thought. His former agent must be involved. It's not like Black could ring 118 and get Givets number to start texting him

who else is going to spend their whole summer at Manchester airport looking to pick up Premier League footballers and drop them off at the ground???

or is it just me.

I could have got 70k out of Givet.

who else is going to spend their whole summer at Manchester airport looking to pick up Premier League footballers and drop them off at the ground???

or is it just me.

I could have got 70k out of Givet.

You may want to re-read the article as that is far from what happened.. It was Liverpool Airport for a start

This appears IMHO to be a non-story which trumps up and sets a tone of innuendo to try to implicate Rovers.

However, what I don't understand is: who gains from this story?

West Ham - the hacks' favourite - cannot overtake enough teams to avoid relegation even if there were a points deduction to go for.

So is it a story to try to weed out a problem "for the good of football" in general?

Or is there some sinister attempt to get Rovers relegated - if so, why? I didn't think anyone really cared about us that much.

The more i read the article, the less worried i am. Sounds like this Phil Black somehow found an opportunity to get some cash and took it. Givet says in his interview that Black said he needed to get the banks off his back, i reckon he was say £40k in the hole, somehow landed Givet's number (no idea how) and tried to get himself out of trouble.

If Givet is telling the truth, he said he has never met him before, also his agent refused to pay him any money, which he claimed he was owed. So surely that would rule out them 2 of any wrong doing? If his agent had set this up, he would have surely paid him? Same with Givet?

Allardyce could know him of course, and offered him the chance to make some cash, i would think that was unlikely because of the whole panarama thing.

I can't imagine what the reaction would be in here if this had happened on Venky's watch.

I don't think many people would be as keen to sweep it under the carpet.

Just so long as those stories don't break before Sunday's game, I don't care.

Archived