BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Could it get worse ?

In fairness, that was Mercerman, and he's pretty down about most things.

I agree with the rest of you post though. This is the kind if thing that our previous owners would have said nothing about - even in their defence. However, more free publicity for Venkys. Whoever said "all publicity is good publicity "has a lot to answer for!

Yes it was Mercerman. I wasn't having ago at him, by the way. But I was just trying to highlight when silence can be the best action to take. Even more so when it comes to chicken owners speaking.

Everytime Venkys speak to the media, they drop themselves in it and show themselves up as being the wrong people to own a football club. Can we have some good publicity about the club before sunday to lift us all up.

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quickly Googled Rob Beasley. I was really looking for any info on what team he supported and who he might be trying to help by running these stories ahead of next weekend's games.

No personal info but this popped up.

My link

In another internet piece I read that Beasley moved to the Sun from the NOTW and that when Chelsea Chairman, Ken Bates regularly ridiculed Beasley's NOTW articles in his programme notes. ALthough the article said some journalists regarded that as a badge of honour.

So maybe you have to treat what Beasley writes with a pinch of salt. Interested to see what the Club reply in the LT is if any.

If Allardyce, he was the club's Manager and therefore acting for the club and could suck us into it. However, nothing has come out as far as I know that even makes an allegation about Allardyce.

Out of curiosity, if there has been something dodge going on with regards to Givets transfer. As Sam and the Walker Trust are not now involved with Rovers - would it not be Venky's who carry the can. After all they are the owners now. After all if you buy a property, get all the legal stuff done correctly, building checked etc. If you discover something afterwards, it becomes your responcibility and not the previous owners.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3586044/Blackburn-Rovers-new-owners-have-pledged-their-own-inquiry-into-the-Gael-Givet-signing.html

Interesting that Venkys are not suprised by the allegations :/

I know its that rag again but the best thing for Venky's to do is to have these claims investigated internally and pass anything they may find over to the FA. It'll be a dark day should anything untoward come out from the Trust and previous management because of the belief we all had that it was the best run club in the league.

Not being a legal expert. But if I was the Walker Trust, I would be very offended by that article. Especailly if they are direct quotes from venky's.

The article states that venkys would not be surprised if they uncovered further things from before they took over the club. That is a slant or possible allegation on the Walker Trust and maybe Sam as well.

If I was the Walker Trust I would consider what legal action I could take against either the sun or if the quotes are true, then venkys.

I am just a layman, but that is how I read the article. The current owners are saying that before they took over the club, there was dodgy dealing going on.

That to me is a an allegation to the Walker Trust via the media from venky's. Also if these are quotes from Venky's, then I would also consider it as a disgusting attempt by venkys to smear Jack Walker. That is unacceptable to us all.

If it is not a quote from venkys, then the Sun owe an appology to the Walker trust.

Either way this could lead to a legal dispute, in my opinion. Somebody may have done us a favour without realising it.

Out of curiosity, if there has been something dodge going on with regards to Givets transfer. As Sam and the Walker Trust are not now involved with Rovers - would it not be Venky's who carry the can. After all they are the owners now. After all if you buy a property, get all the legal stuff done correctly, building checked etc. If you discover something afterwards, it becomes your responcibility and not the previous owners.

Ok - so if you moved into a new house, and decided to relay the garden and dug it up and found a corpse from an unsolved murder with the murder weapon next to it, you'd be happy to hold your hands up to the murder would you?

I have to clarify at this point that I am not all convinced there has been any wrongdoing from anyone at the Club at all based solely on what's in those 2 Sun articles.

If it is not a quote from venkys, then the Sun owe an appolgy to the Walker trust.

Well primarily to Venky's because they never said the words attributed to them, but yes, to the Walker Trust as well.

A joint libel action against the Sun would be quite amusing.

Quickly Googled Rob Beasley. I was really looking for any info on what team he supported and who he might be trying to help by running these stories ahead of next weekend's games.

No personal info but this popped up.

My link

In another internet piece I read that Beasley moved to the Sun from the NOTW and that when Chelsea Chairman, Ken Bates regularly ridiculed Beasley's NOTW articles in his programme notes. ALthough the article said some journalists regarded that as a badge of honour.

So maybe you have to treat what Beasley writes with a pinch of salt. Interested to see what the Club reply in the LT is if any.

Rob Beasley is a well known Chelsea supporter who has excellent contacts within the game, particularly at Stamford Bridge. He has supported Chelsea since he was a boy and has a particularly good working relationship with a certain Real Madrid manager. Usually his information is pretty decent.

Ok - so if you moved into a new house, and decided to relay the garden and dug it up and found a corpse from an unsolved murder with the murder weapon next to it, you'd be happy to hold your hands up to the murder would you? Good point

I have to clarify at this point that I am not all convinced there has been any wrongdoing from anyone at the Club at all based solely on what's in those 2 Sun articles.

The Sun article today is a different situation from yesterday. The sun, claim to have quoted Venkys. Venkys have been quoted as insinuating that there may have been other, 'not right' transfer dealings before they took over. That can only mean that they believe, the walkers, may have done things wrong. If the quotes are from venkys, then they are making allegations about the walker trust. If they are not true quotes the sun owes and appology and a retraction. Either way the Venky's or the sun have questions to answer.

"Venky's are not surprised about the revelations in The Sun and would not be surprised if there are further revelations of wrong-doing prior to our purchase and ownership of the club."

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3586044/Blackburn-Rovers-new-owners-have-pledged-their-own-inquiry-into-the-Gael-Givet-signing.html#ixzz1MgfV54Nq

What an astonishing statement from Paul Agnew.

In my opinion, Venky's are idiots:

1) Getting Kean to go to Pune this week (was that why he was on the M6 when he was breathalysed?)

2) Issuing that statement BEFORE the Wolves game.

Ok - so if you moved into a new house, and decided to relay the garden and dug it up and found a corpse from an unsolved murder with the murder weapon next to it, you'd be happy to hold your hands up to the murder would you?

Well primarily to Venky's because they never said the words attributed to them, but yes, to the Walker Trust as well.

A joint libel action against the Sun would be quite amusing.

Either way, clears the club of wrong doing. A joint libel action - now that would be interesting. may even clear up the rumours and counter rumours of things going on in the club.

"Venky's are not surprised about the revelations in The Sun and would not be surprised if there are further revelations of wrong-doing prior to our purchase and ownership of the club."

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3586044/Blackburn-Rovers-new-owners-have-pledged-their-own-inquiry-into-the-Gael-Givet-signing.html#ixzz1MgfV54Nq

What an astonishing statement from Paul Agnew. WOULD HE NOT JUST SAY WHAT HE HAS BEEN TOLD TO SAY?

In my opinion, Venky's are idiots: TOTALLY AGREE

1) Getting Kean to go to Pune this week (was that why he was on the M6 when he was breathalysed?)

You think that's a reasonable analogy? We are looking at Company Law here. If you buy an enterprise you take over its liabilities and its assets. If you subsequently discover previous maladministration then you've failed to carry out proper checks--"caveat emptor".

A good example is the recent enquiry into the rail crash in Hertfordshire from a decade ago. It was Railtrack who owned the tracks at the time and didn't adequately maintain them. Its the new owners who've apologised and will be liable for big compensation.

What an astonishing statement from Paul Agnew.

In my opinion, Venky's are idiots:

Where to start with that post:

1) You don't know the statement came from Paul Agnew.

2) You don't know that that statement came from the owners. Why was it effectively from an anonymous source instead of being attributed to say Mrs Desai or one of the brothers?

Hold on a minute, whether you like it or not something dodgy happened when Givet was signed when

Sam and The Walker Trust were in charge.

The club might have had nothing to do with it but it happened right under there noses. Who know what happened but one thing is for sure and it had nothing to do with Venkys.

What the hell was a tailor from Manchester doing at the center of this deal ?

Givet may have been naive to pay the money but I believe what he is saying and in my opionion the whole thing stinks.

Hold on a minute, whether you like it or not something dodgy happened when Givet was signed when

Sam and The Walker Trust were in charge.

The club might have had nothing to do with it but it happened right under there noses. Who know what happened but one thing is for sure and it had nothing to do with Venkys.

What the hell was a tailor from Manchester doing at the center of this deal ?

Givet may have been naive to pay the money but I believe what he is saying and in my opionion the whole thing stinks.

This story does seem to be having a pop at the previous manager, John Williams and the Walker trust.

You think that's a reasonable analogy? We are looking at Company Law here. If you buy an enterprise you take over its liabilities and its assets. If you subsequently discover previous maladministration then you've failed to carry out proper checks--"caveat emptor".

A good example is the recent enquiry into the rail crash in Hertfordshire form a decade ago. It was Railtrack who owned the tracks at the time and didn't adequately maintain them. Its the new owners who've apologised and will be liable for big compensation.

Of course it's a reasonable analogy.

Whilst there might be some consequences of maladministration by a previous administration (and I'm NOT saying this has happened here,) you're going to be pretty darned quick to disassociate yourself from anything anyone else was at fault for to lessen any potential penalty.

Honestly, this desire to see Venky's fail is reaching quite pitiful proportions.

Of course it's a reasonable analogy.

Whilst there might be some consequences of maladministration by a previous administration (and I'm NOT saying this has happened here,) you're going to be pretty darned quick to disassociate yourself from anything anyone else was at fault for to lessen any potential penalty.

Honestly, this desire to see Venky's fail is reaching quite pitiful proportions.

You're getting worse! I have no desire to see Venky's fail! In this case they'll potentially suffer through no fault of their own other that their failure to ensure everything was rosy before they signed up. Unlucky.

The question is whether the club's current owners can be held responsible for maladministration by the previous owners. I've shown in my example that they can and were.

Anyone who commits a murder is held responsible forever and this aspect of Criminal Law has nothing to do with the matter we are debating.

This story does seem to be having a pop at the previous manager, John Williams and the Walker trust.

Yes exactly, the people who were in charge when this happened, who else would they have a pop at ?

I'm not saying that the previous owners or manager were involved but it happened right under there noses.

Why did it happen ? How on earth did this chancer get involved in a transfer involving our club ?

As for Venkys, yes they have made some daft decisions since they took over but to use this as a stick to beat THEM with is wrong in my opinion.

You're getting worse! I have no desire to see Venky's fail! In this case they'll potentially suffer through no fault of their own other that their failure to ensure everything was rosy before they signed. Unlucky

I can't believe they forgot to ask if we had been paying bungs to unregistered agents.

Idiots.

It shows a lot of posters on here to be completely unreasonable. When I first saw the headline, I thought to myself "I cannot defend Venky's if they have been paying bungs, it's indefensible".

Other people seem to have concluded that they can still blame Venky's for it. Intimating that because they have commented on it (Why on earth would they not comment?) it's now their fault for dropping the previous owners in it.

The logic there is that they have dobbed them in (forgetting the sun evidence that has been passed to the FA) so it's their fault.

WTF?

Get a grip

As for Venkys, yes they have made some daft decisions since they took over but to use this as a stick to beat THEM with is wrong in my opinion.

Correct.

Venky's might know a hell a lot more than we do about what has been going on behind the scenes, clearly something has happened and it's right for them to investigate. Surely it would have been worse had they decided to come out with nothing or they just swept these allegations under the carpet?

I don't think anyone has a desire to see Venky's fail. We all want Rovers to succeed. However, the Rao family are clearly out of their depth and have made one bad decision after another. They need some guidance and some support but, ultimately, it was their choice to use Kentaro as their main advisor and it was their choice to replace Allardyce with Kean. One win in the best part of four months suggests that their decision making, like that of Kean, isn't the best.

• Backroom

Seems people are happy again this morning as they can shift attention back to Venkys.

Never mind the actual problem here we'll just blame Venkys for an unsourced quote.

There is an obvious candidate for blame here, one with previous but obviously until more is revealed you wouldn't want to say for sure.

One thing is for sure for once the Rao's are blameless here and I don't blame them for distancing themselves from it

It does stink but until Venky's said what they did, nothing in the Sun linked back to the previous ownership and their management.

Nothing??

So the fact it happened when the previous owners and management where in place then doesnt link them to it?? :blink:

What should Venkys do, take the blame for the previous dodgy dealings?? :blush:

People asked for a PR response, they have now come out and said they will co-operate, so whats wrong with that??

Archived