Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Could it get worse ?

The stories in the press this week about Rovers are:

Venky's to Buy Mansion

Givet and the Bung

Kean Drink Driving

Kean to India

Venky's Imply Further Possible Wrong Doings at Ewood by the Previous Regime

As we needed none of this prior to the Wolves game, well house buying is OK, I can only wonder which stories are a smoke-screen and which have some real public interest?

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Having just read the comments by Venkeys source it's an own goal for themselves and the club on so many levels, as many people have stated.

Firstly IF - and I actually doubt the validity of these allegations, mainly due to John Williams involvement - they are true, things which are uncovered are only going to harm and damage the club, possible points deductions etc. Also any investigation would look at the current ownership where there have definately been some questionable dealing. I imagine Venkeys wouldn't be so keen to have that investigated.

Secondly we were always considered a proper, well run club. Every player said so, and had positive comments on how we did business. It seems like the Raos are trying to tarnish our reputation. Not suprised suggests a lot of corruption/dodgy dealings, which is far from our club reputation pre takeover. It's bad enough Venkeys are corrupting and spoiling rovers currently, without trying to spoil our glorious past.

Third begs the question about due dilligence.

Fourth hardly showing solidarity or a desire to protect the club. No problems with a statement about investigating, making sure that all's in order. In fact would expect that as part of a rigourous defence. But the way they phrase things does not suggest they're on board or willing to defend/protect rovers.

Overall another shambles from Venkeys. If they didn't say these comments, anyone with an ounce of sense would've refuted these comments.

Never thought I'd dislike anyone connected with rovers as much as these clowns.

how on earth do you make such a sweeping statement, knowing full well that it could damage your business? They are basically giving the FA and the PL the licenece, to go out and investigate deeper into the club, when really it should only have been investigating the Givet situation.

Its unbelievable, that A) our owners have just further enhanced their stupidty, B ) trying to be too smart for their own good or C ) we just have really bad, and i mean really bad PR people handling the media etc

how on earth do you make such a sweeping statement, knowing full well that it could damage your business? They are basically giving the FA and the PL the licenece, to go out and investigate deeper into the club, when really it should only have been investigating the Givet situation.

Its unbelievable, that A) our owners have just further enhanced their stupidty, B ) trying to be too smart for their own good or C ) we just have really bad, and i mean really bad PR people handling the media etc

Do they think that if they blame everything on the previous owners that there will be no recriminations for the club under it's current ownership?

Could they be that naive? I honestly believe they can.

You know what I find interesting...something unsavoury clearly happened long before Venky's came on the scene(something which I hope our last manager does not become implicated in..)and it's immediately used as a stick to beat Venkys with. Truly baffling.

That's the nature of this site yeti......

People need to stop and think that maybe, just maybe, venkys actually had an idea of dodgy dealings and could have sacked Allardyce because of this? Not beyond the realms of possibility surely?

Just a thought.....doesn't fit in with certain posters agendas, but hey ho.

People are not bashing Kean because of the Givet issue the are bashing them because of their alleged reaction

A lot of people's problem is that they can't seem to distinguish between Kean and Venky's. And no need for a witty reply about them might as well being the same because they clearly aren't. Failing to make this distinction just makes you look silly.

People need to stop and think that maybe, just maybe, venkys actually had an idea of dodgy dealings and could have sacked Allardyce because of this? Not beyond the realms of possibility surely?

You would hope that isn't the case but as we know nothing about how the club is currently being run or was previously run I do think we have to keep an open mind about it.

Blimey Gav. You make suggestions about Allardyce and dodgy dealings at Ewood with no foundation whatsoever, then say some people have agenda's?

Do they think that if they blame everything on the previous owners that there will be no recriminations for the club under it's current ownership?

Could they be that naive? I honestly believe they can.

Im not sure what they trying to achieve, by saying that there could be more issues which needs to be uncovered. In fact, it basically could have a huge impact on Venkys, if there are further damaging situations which the club has been involved in under the previous regime.

Like i said, this smacks of stupidity if indeed they made this statement. On a seperate note, why do they feel the need to involve themselves with the previous owners?

You're missing the point which is that in the week of a crucially important match for the club the owners have chosen to make a public statement about events that may or may not have taken place in the previous regime when they would have been far better to have shown some decorum and stayed quiet.

More baffling is your defence of owners who continue to make all the wrong decisions on and off the field and who are dragging the good name of our beloved deeper and deeper into the gutter.

You've been telling us for months how venkys should be talking to the fans, then a front page news story breaks and you want them to stay quiet???

Tell you what, you're mate Allardyce is all of a sudden making you look rather silly Jim, but I still like you regardless.

Venky's to Buy Mansion

Givet and the Bung

Kean Drink Driving

Kean to India

As we needed none of this prior to the Wolves game, well house buying is OK, I can only wonder which stories are a smoke-screen and which have some real public interest?

Common denominator?

'Venky's' in the headlines, and isn't that the point of the whole thing?

Blimey Gav. You make suggestions about Allardyce and dodgy dealings at Ewood with no foundation whatsoever, then say some people have agenda's?

I said maybe Den.

Can someone post Jims picture of 'heads in the sand' at morecambe bay please? And add the appropriate names

I can see little evidence of any joined-up thinking.

Six months into new ownership and I don't think anyone could write down what the club's strategy is albeit short, medium or long term.

PR - has always been an achilles heel and this now seems to have totally snapped !

IMO, the ship is leaking water quite steadily and if this continues, we will be in danger of sinking.

I have rarely seen any business, IMO, disintegrate so quickly upon acquisition. I just hope that we do not become a basket case for Business School reviews in time to come.

Common denominator?

'Venky's' in the headlines, and isn't that the point of the whole thing?

So with excellent foresight, Venkys arranged for either Givet to be blackmailed or Allardyce to pay a back hander (unlike some I shan't defend or attack any party till we know what's happened) to gain publicity a few years down the line. If that isn't enough they then spike Kean and go househunting the next day. Christ.

And you all say they have no money when house hunting and time travel's clearly expensive.

A lot of people's problem is that they can't seem to distinguish between Kean and Venky's. And no need for a witty reply about them might as well being the same because they clearly aren't. Failing to make this distinction just makes you look silly.

Nice of you to comment on the error (on my part) but not on the point I was making. "Some people" do that a lot.

You've been telling us for months how venkys should be talking to the fans, then a front page news story breaks and you want them to stay quiet???

Tell you what, you're mate Allardyce is all of a sudden making you look rather silly Jim, but I still like you regardless.

I don't think I've ever called on Venky's to talk to the fans, though I can't be bothered to check (please carry on).

Why is Sam making anyone look silly ? He's not been accused of any wrong-doing as far as I know.

I like you too (aw, sweet) because your opinions are laughable and brighten up a dull day.

Venky's to Buy Mansion

Givet and the Bung

Kean Drink Driving

Kean to India

Maybe they see the end of the season coming and realise there maybe no more publicity for their egos. so getting in whilst they can. No money to be active in the transfer market, unless we sold the best young players Rovers have had for awhile.

Poor Steve Kean, must of thought venkys were nice, for them to leave a drink in for him at the bar after the man u game.

Ok - so to recap,

Someone in the previous regime may have been guilty of some wrongdoing. (Highly unlikely on the basis of what I've read so far)

A year or two ago well before Venky's took over Givet gives (or loans) someone he's hardly ever met before 50k.

Kean has a glass of wine too many post match on Saturday and is breathalysed.

The Sun have obviously been sitting on the Givet story for some time and for their own reasons deide to publish this week. Then the author of the second piece then prints an unattributed quote from someone he thinks are our owners "The Venky's" :lol: that has everyone up in arms.

Everyone has been complaining that the Rao's don't spend enough time over here/don't atend games so they look into purchasing a base over here which if it goes through would tend to reinforce what they have always said about being in it for the long run.

How is any of the above the fault of the current owners?

Yes, yes they have invested a poxy 5 million more than the last regime in 18 months, do you not remember the last 15 years or so???

since the souness days, AND THE COLE TRANSFER. rovers has traded within miserly transfer budgets ie sell before you can buy!

look at the money we got in for players.. and the cash we spent! simple maths.

the trust obviously lost interest.. dont know why.. maybe due to having loadsa other business' to help finance???

oh and really.. do you seriously think i'll come on here and slag off the walker trust for what JACK AND THEY PUT IN in the years before ??? ! :wacko:

Who has an issue with them buying a house around here?

I cannot see any reasons why anybody should object. Wonder if their windows will be in stone throwing distance - nice place to hold a protest when required. No objection at all.

My wife and I are considering moving up to Blackburn ourselves - but I love the sea air too much, down here on the south east coast.

I cannot see any reasons why anybody should object. Wonder if their windows will be in stone throwing distance - nice place to hold a protest when required. No objection at all.

My wife and I are considering moving up to Blackburn ourselves - but I love the sea air too much, down here on the south east coast.

easy to throw stones from on the east coast ! :rolleyes::wstu:

Maybe they see the end of the season coming and realise there maybe no more publicity for their egos. so getting in whilst they can. No money to be active in the transfer market, unless we sold the best young players Rovers have had for awhile.

Poor Steve Kean, must of thought venkys were nice, for them to leave a drink in for him at the bar after the man u game.

Good grief.

Yes, it's blindingly obvious all the best young players will be sold. The LT had better hunt down that imposter claiming to be

a Venky's source who gave a story to them specifically saying we did NOT have to sell any of our best players though!

And are you seriously claiming that the owners bought a drink for Kean after the United game in the hope he'd be breathalysed on the way home?

I think you need to go for a lie down.

Wonder if their windows will be in stone throwing distance - nice place to hold a protest when required. No objection at all.

I think you'd better up the medication as well.

Archived