BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Could it get worse ?

Big Sam....envelopes stuffed with used notes....dodgy agent....now where have I heard this before?

One thing for sure, if we have a case to answer they'll throw the book at us. The footie authroities have been looking to get someone for this kind of thing for ages and we are a likely cabndidate for a points deduction or a demotion and I'm sure we wouldn't have many high profile media supporters srgueing against it. Just hope they can't tie the club to it but it does look like there must be more to it than meets the eye and mud sticks.

Be careful the Fat Sam brigade won't hear a bad word said about him no matter what. The article didn't say however that anyone else associated with Rovers was invovlved.

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anybody know if there is anything linking Black and Allardyce? The Sun were very careful not to draw any links between the two of them.

Does anybody have the terms of reference for the FA investigation?

As for the hypothetical question posed by Bucky, the answer is no unless they radically change what they are doing to the Rovers.

From skimming the story, it just sounds like an issue between a player and his 'agent', and nothing to do with Blackburn Rovers.

As for Phillip's scandal, either put up the story with hard evidence or stop posting such messages. It just makes those who claim to be 'in the know' look like annoying tools.

I doubt the club will get apoints deduction, it's between the agent, Allardyce and the tailor and not the club.

If Allardyce, he was the club's Manager and therefore acting for the club and could suck us into it. However, nothing has come out as far as I know that even makes an allegation about Allardyce.

From skimming the story, it just sounds like an issue between a player and his 'agent', and nothing to do with Blackburn Rovers.

As for Phillip's scandal, either put up the story with hard evidence or stop posting such messages. It just makes those who claim to be 'in the know' look like annoying tools.

I've got say I agree with you Billy. The repeated touting of inuendo filled non stories is getting on my nerves. None of this can be in the immediate interests of the club we all love, at least leave it alone until the season is over.

Would the fans unite behind Venky's if we were relegated with a points deduction as a result of actions by the previous incumbents?

If they have come to asset strip this would suit them down to the ground.

As I understand, there is some speculation that the Venky's were involved in the Roswell City vs Moon Landings Utd match, refereed by Lee Harvey Oswald.

Well, if the 'other story' is as huge as the people who claim to know say it is, then I guess we may have to find a new club to support as Blackburn Rovers will be destroyed. There are apparently legal issues behind the lack of straight talking over this, or so one individual has told me.

Anyway, I can't see any links between Sam/The Trust/JW/the club and Givet's situation so far, so unless I see compelling evidence otherwise, then it is between a playerand some chancer claiming to be an agent.

I'm more surprised that the club didn't meet him. Is this how we try to entice foreign internationals to the club by letting them stand at the John Lennon airport taxi rank when they don't speak English?

The one thought that occurred to me is that, didn't Nicko tell us once of a player who literally got hijacked by another agent at the airport and whisked off to sign for another club? So maybe we send a bruiser to pick them up.

Roy Keane actually shook hands with KMD to sign for the Rovers late Friday afternoon. They contacted the office to fax a signing on form but the office had shut! :angry2: RK then flew to Cork for a weekend at home where he was phoned by Alex Ferguson who said I'll meet you at the airport for a chat Mon AM. The rest is history. :angry2:

Roy Keane actually shook hands with KMD to sign for the Rovers late Friday afternoon. They contacted the office to fax a signing on form but the office had shut! :angry2: RK then flew to Cork for a weekend at home where he was phoned by Alex Ferguson who said I'll meet you at the airport for a chat Mon AM. The rest is history. :angry2:

Didn't Middlesbrough bring diego Forlan over only to have ferguson hijack him at the airport?

Didn't Middlesbrough bring diego Forlan over only to have ferguson hijack him at the airport?

If thats the case then the old Glaswegian git is certainly 'fit to travel' as they say in this neck of the woods isn't he?

..... Mind you Forlan was crap for them wasn't he?

Guest roverite1991

As far as I can tell, a dodgy paper twisting a somewhat innocuous story to include the club, when the reality is that Givet has been had, good and proper by a Manc tailor.

This is why not to trust The Sun (or indeed other red-tops). Although I do read the mirror for sport.

As far as I can tell, a dodgy paper twisting a somewhat innocuous story to include the club, when the reality is that Givet has been had, good and proper by a Manc tailor.

This is why not to trust The Sun (or indeed other red-tops). Although I do read the mirror for sport.

It's a bit much all this from the currant bun given what it's sunday sister has been up to.

Hypocrisy is nothing new amongst the tabloid rags. Little wonder journos are so detested by many.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3586044/Blackburn-Rovers-new-owners-have-pledged-their-own-inquiry-into-the-Gael-Givet-signing.html

Interesting that Venkys are not suprised by the allegations :/

I know its that rag again but the best thing for Venky's to do is to have these claims investigated internally and pass anything they may find over to the FA. It'll be a dark day should anything untoward come out from the Trust and previous management because of the belief we all had that it was the best run club in the league.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3586044/Blackburn-Rovers-new-owners-have-pledged-their-own-inquiry-into-the-Gael-Givet-signing.html

I know its that rag again but the best thing for Venky's to do is to have these claims investigated internally and pass anything they may find over to the FA. It'll be a dark day should anything untoward come out from the Trust and previous management because of the belief we all had that it was the best run club in the league.

Very strange and unwise quote from the current owners if it's accurate and indeed from them.

Blackburn's new owners "The Venky's". Who are they???

http://www.thesun.co...et-signing.html

If this is a real quote from Venky's / the Raos one has to wonder what they are preparing to do next. If true a stupid thing to say unless they plan an all out attack on the previous owners / management.

"So Givet's whistle- blowing could now have even more wide-reaching ramifications.

The French international defender was signed by former Blackburn boss Sam Allardyce, initially on loan in January 2009 and then on a permanent basis in July that year.

Allardyce was then sacked in December last year, less than a month after the Venky's poultry group took over the Lancashire club."

Bingo! A scheme to sling more mud at Sam Allardyce?

As Paul says, dumb quote by our custodians. Maybe they spy an opportunity to enhance their reputation. "Not surprised"? What a horrible way to try to tarnish the club with a nice bit of "well it's not our fault".

Did someone once say that JA was involved with the club before Venkys took over...?

If this is a real quote from Venky's / the Raos one has to wonder what they are preparing to do next. If true a stupid thing to say unless they plan an all out attack on the previous owners / management.

On another thread somebody moaned that there was silence from the club with regards to Keans drink driving and Givets relevations. If Venkys want to do an investigation, so be it. But why tell the media about it? I think somebody is pulling Venkys strings here. Would be curious to know Sam's dealings with Jerome Andersons / kentario in the past. Has there been a falling out between them etc. Why all of a sudden this publicity to undermine the club.

Maybe there are other things going on at the club and the premier league. So venky's want to show to all they are trying to be whiter than white.

Do you remember the panarama programme when Sam - I think it involved his son and another manager, Harry R - just curious to know who the agents involved then were.

I worded that a bit badly. The footballer can get one because it's not in yours or my interest to know about his (alleged) extra marital affairs. Whereas a judge wouldn't give an injunction to prevent the public knowing about dodgy goings on at a football club. Because it is in the public interest to know, especially if the result would be bad for the football club and it's supporters (the public).

But could not a football agent get an injunction preventing any bad publicty?

On another thread somebody moaned that there was silence from the club with regards to Keans drink driving and Givets relevations. If Venkys want to do an investigation, so be it. But why tell the media about it? I think somebody is pulling Venkys strings here. Would be curious to know Sam's dealings with Jerome Andersons / kentario in the past. Has there been a falling out between them etc. Why all of a sudden this publicity to undermine the club.

Maybe there are other things going on at the club and the premier league. So venky's want to show to all they are trying to be whiter than white.

Do you remember the panarama programme when Sam - I think it involved his son and another manager, Harry R - just curious to know who the agents involved then were.

In fairness, that was Mercerman, and he's pretty down about most things.

I agree with the rest of you post though. This is the kind if thing that our previous owners would have said nothing about - even in their defence. However, more free publicity for Venkys. Whoever said "all publicity is good publicity "has a lot to answer for!

Interestingly I watched a program on BBC1 yesterday about libel and a top lawyer said that whilst the daily mail are bad for printing mistruths, the sun usually check their sources very well and rarely get things wrong. He said this surprises most people obviously.

You dont know what Venky's lawyers are telling them to say. I'm glad it's their fault now though. Makes it easier for everyone to deal with.

Archived