BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Could it get worse ?

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did that come from a novelty little American insults book bought in a Florida gift shop?

I'm cut to pieces. No really.

Sling it Dingle.

Never been to America.

If sh1t was music, you'd be a brass band.

You love dishing out the insults but not keen on taking it.

Just p1ss-off.

We have to be very careful with what's being implied in this case. We shall see if Rovers will face any action against them, if it has to be the case, however, in light of the QPR situation, I am confident that, whatever happens, it will not come to us losing points.

On a side note, wouldn't it just be lovely if we could stay up, Mr T. employs a manager with experience in this division and we can put all the shadyness of BS behind us. I would still be surprised though if the bung did take place with John Williams in charge of the club. Surely, with his involvement in transfers, he would be privy to any shenanighans?

It really doesn't make sense at this point, we need a good PR team out in full force tomorrow...

There is nothing in the headline to suggest that rovers knew anything about it.

It looks like Givet has had to make payments from the headline, and what I can read of the first couple of paragraphs.

Can't be fleeced for something the old owners done

Yes of course you can. The club is the deal maker not the owners.

Can some one clarify the term for us? Is it implying Givet threw a game?

From the front page it implys that a middleman got a payment of £50k when Givet made his transfer to Rovers.

Now it comes down to proving the chain of money transfers. Assuming that Rovers didn't pay this middleman then I don't see a problem, if they did then god help us and Sam has some explaining to do.

• Backroom

Doesnt sound great for the people involved but we should be ok I imagine.

Timing is awful though as this may keep Givet out of the last game

Storm in a teacup hopefully.

It usually is in these cases.

Totally agree Bucky,

From time to time, these kind of sensationalist comments in the press come out just to sell papers, I very much doubt that either/both BS and JW knew about any bung, especially with the allegations already attributed to BS in the not to distant past. If Givet has bunged 'anything', i'm sure the club will be exonerated and the blame will lie elsewhere.

Interesting how this comes out the week before the end of the season though?? hmmm... As for Kean, we don't know how much over the limit he was, but he really has dealt himself a blow there. I hope he uses it to spur him on this week, as I would do if I were in his position, regardless of any outcome, he's really not helped himself there at all.

• Backroom

If this fella drove Givet straight to Allardyce as the article claims it's not good.

The Steve Kean drink-driving story is tagged onto the end there, too. great press for Rovers before the most vital weekend of our season :(

Reading the story, am I missing the part where it states in any way that this chap wasn't acting unilaterally? Unless there is a connection between him and the club, I'm not sure if there's much to worry about. Givet simply shouldn't have paid him. Reads to me like he decided to meet the blokes demands off his own back?

Though you would have thought the club would have helped in out in this matter given he was new to the England etc.

Doesnt appear that Rovers are linked anyway to this from what I read.

The guy said he did it as a 'favour' but for whom? He picked up Givet and his agent then dropped him off at the club, surely the club were expecting them? I would imagine it's not like a player from another club just turns up at a new club to make the deal, there is some formal process involved.

Archived