BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Could it get worse ?

Givet appears to be a player whose form is affected by issues outside the game so it is unlikely he will be happy with his name and photo splashed all over the front page of Britain's biggest selling daily newspaper.

Rotten timing as he is a key player for us and we badly need him on top of his game next weekend.

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just read the article.

Obviously the so-called tax reasons preventing Givet from being in the correct frame of mind was actually him being gutted at the loss of his 50k?

I'm not sure on Givet's motives on this one, could it be that he's angry with how the club treated him from the start? Is he simply after his money back? Or is he deliberately trying to drag the club into the mire? Anyone offer any suggestions?

Not sure what's going on in Givet's mind. He must have earned £millions with Rovers since arriving. Firstly, the £250k tax issue followed by this - seems like he's trying to cut his losses.

Whatever his motive, will not help us at all at weekend. Will he be 'focused enough to play' - remember where we were with him just a few short weeks ago.

Given the importance of Sunday, Samba's potential absence, this is the last thing we needed.

I hope there is a strong character somewhere at Brockhall later today who's going to take the Kean / Givet issues by the scruff of the neck.

I can't see Givet being on anywhere near that, but then all we can ever do is guess on players' salaries - nobody seems to actually know the true figures.

Why would anyone hand over £50,000 to someone they did not know or trust ? Why did Givet not refuse to pay and inform the club immediately ?

Givet seems to have been with a dodgy agent anyway....

Didnt read the small print on his tax and owed money, now this! Seems like he wants to point the finger at everyone but him & his 'agent'

Noticed that as well hughesy, like Givet is on 65k a week, the credability went right out the window there.

The fact that Givet showed up with his agent, and there was no contact or money exchanged from Blackburn Rovers to this dodger means we should be okay.

Thanks alot Sun just what what we need this week.

Why would anyone hand over £50,000 to someone they did not know or trust ? Why did Givet not refuse to pay and inform the club immediately ?

It really is a strange one. Also consider that Givet initially joined the club on loan. Unless we're assuming that the payment was on ice until the transfer formally went through, how does that work in the chain of events?

I honestly can't see JW behaving in the sort of manner in which dodgy fixers are allowed to act in the way in Givet suggests, unless Givet has been totally suckered and/or Sam was going behind JW's back, ie without him knowing...

Givet seems to have been with a dodgy agent anyway....

Didnt read the small print on his tax and owed money, now this! Seems like he wants to point the finger at everyone but him & his 'agent'

Just got a new agent according to the article. Thats one of the reasons why I think this is nothing to do with Rovers.

I get the feeling this has been sat on for a few weeks from when Givet was not right in the head. Awful timing, got a feeling somebody is going to be in big trouble for this and from reading the article I suspect it will be from his initial loan move rather than his actual transfer.

We are ######

Given the importance of Sunday, Samba's potential absence, this is the last thing we needed.

If Givet doesn't seem 100% up for it, I'd have no hesitation in playing Grant Hanley. He's been in great form for the reserves and looks ready to become more involved with the first team as the weeks pass. It also seems as though he'd put everything on the line to keep us up. Besides, him and Phil Jones have a very good understanding after playing together through the youth team.

Not sure why Givet wouldn't wait until at least the season had ended to secure the future of the club for the fans, unless he feels as though this won't change anything in regards to his 'mental-state' and his ability to compete to his maximum level on Sunday.

Any which way, i've always regarded Givet very highly and hope that whatever has happened, he still feels as though his future lies with the club.

Noticed that as well hughesy, like Givet is on 65k a week, the credability went right out the window there.

No, it didn't. Givet came here as a French international who'd had a sterling half-season with us on loan. We don't know what he is on. This guy, who seems to have been paid 50k or so from Givet and have been party to his transfer, is far more likely to know than any of us on here.

Lord only knows what some of wonderful last-day relegation battlers are REALLY earning...

Doesn't read well but there is no direct link to the Club thus far. Why on earth has Givet chosen to talk about this now?

Has he? Or have they been sitting on the story?

Seems an unworthy story for a front-page splash, whatever the circumstances. Was it a slow news day?

Seems an unworthy story for a front-page splash, whatever the circumstances. Was it a slow news day?

I reckon they have been sitting on the story, I wouldnt be suprised if this was what was really going on when he was mentally unfit to play.

No, it didn't. Givet came here as a French international who'd had a sterling half-season with us on loan. We don't know what he is on. This guy, who seems to have been paid 50k or so from Givet and have been party to his transfer, is far more likely to know than any of us on here.

Lord only knows what some of wonderful last-day relegation battlers are REALLY earning...

I wouldn't be surprised if he is on £65k a week; it's a big part of why we're screwed if we go down.

As for the story, there doesn't seem to be much in it connecting it to Rovers.

What a surprise, the media darlings from West'aaaam go down, next day there's a story along these lines about Rovers.

The Sun must have been sitting on the story for some time waiting for the best time to wheel it out for maxinum impact and embarrasment.

Wouldn't like to comment on it too much at this stage. Can't see it has any impact on us as a Club unless it can be proven someone at the Club knew about the payments.

Two things I would say:

1) Can't believe Givet was so stupid as to give someone he wouldn't know 50k. All he had to do was ask someone at the Club/the PFA/his agent for a bit of advice when approached by this person for money.

2) Can't believe Givet was so stupid as to give the Sun a lengthy interview about this matter at all. No comment and sorting it out with your legal team would have beenn far wiser. Perhaps the Sun effectively blackmailed him into talking by saying "We've got this story and we know you made the "illegal" payments. We can run it one of two ways....... tell us what you know and we'll make you out as the victim or we can run it the other way........."

If he plays on Sunday he owes us the performance of his life now.

Archived