BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Season Ticket Prices 2011/12

• Replies 831
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Wen Y Hu

Rather a while ago, I'm afraid, Ferrit. :D Thanks for the reminder that the thread was actually about season tickets!

Guest Wen Y Hu

Apparently one source has us as the third in the league for Premier League performance and entertainment value. We'll hopefully have more on that over the weekend, but it really reinforces the fact that watching the Rovers is quite simply the place to watch Premier League football when it comes down to the bare bones of cost. Performance and entertainment? Well, that's something I can't really comment on.

Guest roverite1991

More to the point - ST's or STDs? No brainer!!

You know which is right. And it's cheaper.

I'd rather play golf than have an STD though ;) ANYWAY

Blackburn YET AGAIN paving the way for making football a game for the fans!

Apparently one source has us as the third in the league for Premier League performance and entertainment value. We'll hopefully have more on that over the weekend, but it really reinforces the fact that watching the Rovers is quite simply the place to watch Premier League football when it comes down to the bare bones of cost. Performance and entertainment? Well, that's something I can't really comment on.

IIRC, Man City were first and Wigan second. Go figure!

Guest roverite1991

It did, but someone took all the paving up.

So we're re-paving the way?

:D

......errrr.......continue to pave the way further still. That work?

I finally have someone that I can get a Rovers season ticket with so I'm basically buying 1 for the first time. I want it to be in the Blackburn End but was a little confused by the application form in Section 2 (Ticket Details) I realise you fill in what kind of ticket you want and the stand but do you just put in any random seat that you'd like? I mean I don't know the layout of the stand well enough to pick a couple of seats or is that section just for renewing your old season ticket? I know I can ask the ticket office about this but I figured I'd probably get a quicker response on here from anyone buying tickets. Cheers

Most blackburn end seats are taken in decent areas, except maybe a few singles dotted around. What the club do is they have a 'change your seat week' after all renewals are in which allows you to pick any seats that have not been re-sold. You will most likely get two seats allocated to you that are spare (probably on the front row towards the sides) and you then swap for better seats during the change week. You may get lucky but the likelyhood is you will be towards the side in the yo-yo seats where you are constantly standing up and down for every non-threatening Pedersen cross ;)

When I moved to the Riverside from the Blackburn End (thankfully just before the price crash) we went down to the ground and asked for some seat numbers and whether we could see what the view was like so we didn;t get a pillar in the way of the goal. Got two plum seats on the half-way line near the back. So these days we are dry with no standing up for every partially threatening attack and swift full time access to the rear stairs.

• Backroom

I'm in a bit of a quandary, I like where I sit in N01 but my dad wants me to go in the darwen end with him. How many tickets Will be on sale for the DE as I wouldn't want to wait and lose my seat only to find out the DE is full

Most blackburn end seats are taken in decent areas, except maybe a few singles dotted around. What the club do is they have a 'change your seat week' after all renewals are in which allows you to pick any seats that have not been re-sold. You will most likely get two seats allocated to you that are spare (probably on the front row towards the sides) and you then swap for better seats during the change week. You may get lucky but the likelyhood is you will be towards the side in the yo-yo seats where you are constantly standing up and down for every non-threatening Pedersen cross ;)

When I moved to the Riverside from the Blackburn End (thankfully just before the price crash) we went down to the ground and asked for some seat numbers and whether we could see what the view was like so we didn;t get a pillar in the way of the goal. Got two plum seats on the half-way line near the back. So these days we are dry with no standing up for every partially threatening attack and swift full time access to the rear stairs.

So if I basically just wanted to be as central as possible in the Blackburn End should I just fill in the form with Blackburn End and leave the area and seat number blank and I'll be allocated one? As I'm really not sure if row or seat number that is the best or do you really need to find 2 specific seats you'd like then they'll just allocate you the closest possible? Also if I was given crappy Blackburn End ones as you said in the 'change your seats week' is there a chance to swap stands? I mean I do go to quite a lot of Rovers games anyway so I know what the different areas of the ground are like I'm just unfamiliar with the season ticket process as I've never bothered, how much of the standard is taken up by season ticket holders? I'm guessing from what you say in terms of getting seats near the side the vast majority is already taken?

Edit: Never mind.. I had a thing in the post didn't realise it was this easy to do online. Apologies haha

N02 and sticking to it! Id rather have a set seat, with a good bunch of lads around me, and also be gauranteed that seat no matter who we play.

Roverdale - just put your preferred area and row number if I was you. I.e - N01 - Row 20+

I'm in a bit of a quandary, I like where I sit in N01 but my dad wants me to go in the darwen end with him. How many tickets Will be on sale for the DE as I wouldn't want to wait and lose my seat only to find out the DE is full

There is a waiting list, but you would renew initially and be placed on the list at the same time. When the renewal deadline has ended they will process transfers. If you didn't get the transfer then you would still have your original seat (hope that makes sense ;) )

For further info see my post on the new Darwen End thread HERE

I finally have someone that I can get a Rovers season ticket with so I'm basically buying 1 for the first time. I want it to be in the Blackburn End but was a little confused by the application form in Section 2 (Ticket Details) I realise you fill in what kind of ticket you want and the stand but do you just put in any random seat that you'd like? I mean I don't know the layout of the stand well enough to pick a couple of seats or is that section just for renewing your old season ticket? I know I can ask the ticket office about this but I figured I'd probably get a quicker response on here from anyone buying tickets. Cheers

Get to the ground and ask to try seats out.

When I swapped and changed a bit in the Riverside a few years ago it was part of my pre-season to go and try a few seats out. There's an atmosphere in the ground even when there's no-one there!

Decent Blackburn End seats will be difficult to find.

I'd recommend the Riverside if you want a decent view with a new ticket. Riverside views are far superior in any event, IMHO.

In just looking at season ticket prices. Thinking it may be worth me adding a Childs season ticket this year for my daughter. A friend and me have our 2 season tickets together, if we add a child seat we'll get 10% off all of them. Should mean that the Childs one only ends up costing us about £20 - £30.

In just looking at season ticket prices. Thinking it may be worth me adding a Childs season ticket this year for my daughter. A friend and me have our 2 season tickets together, if we add a child seat we'll get 10% off all of them. Should mean that the Childs one only ends up costing us about £20 - £30.

I'm pretty sure you don't need to pay for her because she isn't taking up a seat - my uncle doesn't pay for my youngest cousin (under 3) to come - just carry him in. So in your case you'd be paying for something you don't need to make something else cheaper, but the amount you'll pay is more than what you'd save.

Of course if you want her to have her own seat, then you'd have to pay.

• Backroom

I'm pretty sure you don't need to pay for her because she isn't taking up a seat - my uncle doesn't pay for my youngest cousin (under 3) to come - just carry him in. So in your case you'd be paying for something you don't need to make something else cheaper, but the amount you'll pay is more than what you'd save.

Of course if you want her to have her own seat, then you'd have to pay.

Are under 8's not still free? They used to be.

Are under 8's not still free? They used to be.

No, not anymore. But I think the rule is (I dunno if this is official or not) that if they're u3 and not taking up a seat you can just take them in.

Reckon Arlo will be up for it in August? :D

Archived