BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Season Ticket Prices 2011/12

Just goes to show which clubs care for their fans.

40% is extortion and quite frankly a disgrace, surely someone somewhere needs to look into these sorts of instances and help the fans?

• Replies 831
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Wen Y Hu

Article on the new season tickets published to front page here. It's based on the club press release. Details of season ticket prices and an FAQ, etc., are available via links at the bottom of the official site's article here.

Excellent news, by the way.

I'm disgusted.

After last seasons shambles where's my free pie? where's my free programme? where's the offer of a shoe shine before entry to the ground? :angry::angry:

. Only yoking! ;) WELL DONE ROVERS!

Disgusting prices at Loftus rd to sit in that matchbox,and to think their owners have BILLIONS between them.

This was earmarked for an away trip next season but they can stuff that.

Looks like it's just going to be me, Mr Roversmum and Parsonblue on the away trip then ...

Shocking prices, QPR.

I was one of the supporters who has groen increasingly deflated about Rovers and the football in general, the takeover process, the mistakes and comedy flowing from the club, Keith Andrews and Steve Kean. Added to my personal issues I seriously considered not renewing my ticket and bringing to an end my love affair with Rovers.

I have now had chance to reflect on a lot of issues. Personally, some of my views will not change where some are concerned at Ewood but I have applauded Kean for his efforts and the fact that we saved ourselves albeit on the final day of the season.

I dreaded finding out just how much we would have to pay for next season but I am glad to say that I am absolutely chuffed with the price for my JW Upper seat. We are renewing like many others.

A note about the QPR prices, like Abbey, this was our planned trip with partners. At that price they can stuff it big time.

Anyhow, will be paying mine next week with a smile on my face even though its the first time ever that I have actually had to pay out for a ST, my ex wife used to buy it for me :mellow:

A note about the QPR prices, like Abbey, this was our planned trip with partners. At that price they can stuff it big time.

Do the Fulham trip instead, cheaper and a much nicer part of that London than the hole that is South Africa Road.

I hope Venkys have budgeted for the 50% drop in season tickets being purchased that we have been assured on here is certain to happen.

I also expect the "Venky's are evil and broke" crowd to a) claim that 50% increases WERE planned, and that B) were withdrawn thanks to their plans being exposed on here.

QPR can forget it....planned on attending the 'new' teams ground (again) but at £47 they can stick it....wasnt Arsenal away only £35-37 ish for us this last season?

QPR - the club NOT for people

Disgusting prices at Loftus rd to sit in that matchbox,and to think their owners have BILLIONS between them.

Take a deep breath people and count to ten. While I agree £47 is an appalling amount of money for a matchday ticket the QPR strategy appears to be very similar to the one in place at Ewood in recent years. That is ST holders are rewarded with competitively priced tickets while casual fans and away support are charged as much as possible.

QPR ST at £500 = £26.30 per match. This is £20.70 lower than the lowest match day price

BBE Lower ST at £225 = £11.84 per match. I think the equivalent price match day last season at Ewood was £38 (for a Cat A game), a difference of £26.16.

Rovers prices are extraordinarily low, all praise to the club for this, but I think many would agree QPR's ST price at £26.30 are reasonable in modern football. It has been the case for several years that Rovers offer ST holders the lowest possible price and then sell to caual fans and away support, when appropriate (United and Liverpool for example) at the highest possible price, £38. This also gives the flexibility to then be very competitive for say Wigan or Bolton.

So our club have had a commercial strategy which allows us to gain the maximum from any given set of fans. The reaction on here is usually "great offer by the club" when it's cheap versus Bolton / Wigan and "stuff the Mancs / Scousers they deserve it" for United / Liverpool.

If people are outraged by QPR how do we feel about Rovers?

I think the club has a very clever strategy and I agree QPR at £47 is awful but I'm not going to get all indignant as my club does the same thing to away support and casual fans.

Take a deep breath people and count to ten. While I agree £47 is an appalling amount of money for a matchday ticket the QPR strategy appears to be very similar to the one in place at Ewood in recent years. That is ST holders are rewarded with competitively priced tickets while casual fans and away support are charged as much as possible.

QPR ST at £500 = £26.30 per match. This is £20.70 lower than the lowest match day price

BBE Lower ST at £225 = £11.84 per match. I think the equivalent price match day last season at Ewood was £38 (for a Cat A game), a difference of £26.16.

Rovers prices are extraordinarily low, all praise to the club for this, but I think many would agree QPR's ST price at £26.30 are reasonable in modern football. It has been the case for several years that Rovers offer ST holders the lowest possible price and then sell to caual fans and away support, when appropriate (United and Liverpool for example) at the highest possible price, £38. This also gives the flexibility to then be very competitive for say Wigan or Bolton.

So our club have had a commercial strategy which allows us to gain the maximum from any given set of fans. The reaction on here is usually "great offer by the club" when it's cheap versus Bolton / Wigan and "stuff the Mancs / Scousers they deserve it" for United / Liverpool.

I think the club has a very clever strategy and I agree QPR at £47 is awful but I'm not going to get all indignant as my club does the same thing to away support and casual fans.

Still a big difference buying 4 @ 47 from 4 @38. It's not the individual cost but what it adds up to if you usually take a family when you go to away games as many people do.

To be honest I do not believe it is right to mark up the match day ticket price for Rovers supporters at anytime. If Rovers want to increase their season ticket prices, especially in the local area, they need to encourage people to use the match day ticket as this may then win them over to buying a season ticket.

Also there are a lot of rovers supporters who live abroad or other parts of the country - where having a season ticket is just not viable - who have paid a fortune to just to get to Ewood Park and possible accommodation - so to have to then pay for a ticket that is priced higher is in my view unfair. So every match is an away match for these supporters. If something 'additional' could be done for such supportors - what I don't know - then maybe. Though I must admit the club have been good to my wife and myself - for example, they always give us a match day pass for the blues bar, which has come in handy at times.

Away clubs always mark up the tickets for away supporters. That to me is also wrong. I think away clubs should charge what we charge them, when they come to Ewood Park.

ay clubs always mark up the tickets for away supporters. That to me is also wrong. I think away clubs should charge what we charge them, when they come to Ewood Park.

I agree with this in principle but how do you decide what the price will be? Who goes first?

I agree with this in principle but how do you decide what the price will be? Who goes first?

Talk to the clubs - pre season. For example, Fulham we will charge, say 20 quid for your supporters to attend ewood park on the condition you charge the same when rovers supporters come to Fulham. Why, because we are bearing in mind the cost of travelling between the two venues.

I remember a fulham game getting cancelled at fulham about 15 minutes - for the rearranged fixture - one of the clubs made a gesture for rovers supportors - free travel, I think it was. So simular arrangements can be made for ticket prices.

Maybe a travel distance calculator between venues could be brought in.

great price for next season ticket.

Proves that the club are yet again looking after the fans. I thought the owners would increase the prices for 25% but they haven't. so well done the owners and the rovers board.

I will be going next season to support rovers!

QPR is different – they only have 15,000 seats for home fans, they know they will sell out so they mark them up and milk what they can….the increase (with 5 less home games) is actually a 57% increase on last season.

The F1 boys want a ‘boutique’ style club and are doing their best to price out loyal fans…..I understand your argument about the different between ST & one-off tickets but 57% increase when your club is just about to get an extra £90m minimum over the next few years is sickening for the fans.

As for away fans…..Say they charge United/ Liverpool & City £72 a ticket, I hope they all protest about it and not buy a ticket to punish the greedy club for it! Hell even a 33% owner of the club has resigned from the board in protest of the massive increase! With the extra income from prem money, there is NO NEED to increase prices at all.

I read somewhere that QPR are restricting the number of season tickets so as to glean the maximum return for walk-up tickets and away fans tickets. With Bernie and Flavio in charge then anything is possible price wise.

I'm having to eat my words. Fair play to em, I don't know if this could have been possible if we had gone down but the new owners have not chosen to milk the supporters as I expected.... Yet.

However just a quirk from the LT .......

Rovers announced their season ticket prices today as new owners Venky’s continued the previous regime’s efforts to ensure Ewood Park is the cheapest place to watch Premier League football, with an adult seat available for just £225 in the Riverside and Blackburn End stands.

Rovers prices not only beat any of their Premier League rivals but also offer the cheapest standard season ticket anywhere in the Football League,

Strange choice of words :blink: ... To actually 'beat' anybody then surely, as in any healthy business, we should get the highest revenue from ticket sales not the least? :wacko:

I hope Venkys have budgeted for the 50% drop in season tickets being purchased that we have been assured on here is certain to happen.

I also expect the "Venky's are evil and broke" crowd to a) claim that 50% increases WERE planned, and that B) were withdrawn thanks to their plans being exposed on here.

Yes we've had to listen to lies, lies and more lies thrown around on here by the usual suspects regarding prices and all manner of things concerning Venkys. I can't be bothered to search back through the site, but several 'prominent members' have large amounts of ‘egg on face’ after this announcement.

Must admit I expected a slightly bigger rise myself in cost for next season, but nothing like some claimed would happen. Whilst Venkys still have a long way to go on the pr stuff, they’re going about this the right way, and the prices for next season are a cracking gesture.

Yes we've had to listen to lies, lies and more lies thrown around on here by the usual suspects regarding prices and all manner of things concerning Venkys. I can't be bothered to search back through the site, but several 'prominent members' have large amounts of ‘egg on face’ after this announcement.

Must admit I expected a slightly bigger rise myself in cost for next season, but nothing like some claimed would happen. Whilst Venkys still have a long way to go on the pr stuff, they’re going about this the right way, and the prices for next season are a cracking gesture.

I bet you wish you'd written that 10 mins sooner. :lol::lol:

Do the Fulham trip instead, cheaper and a much nicer part of that London than the hole that is South Africa Road.

or even better Norwich (execllent away weekend) ... again though dependent upon their prices

All also dependent upon when we play the actual games anyway

Archived