BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Season Ticket Prices 2011/12

• Replies 831
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still trying to work out how Kean got his picture on there listed as a 'legend', how Steven Reid got on there ahead of some people also baffles me!

I was thinking the same myself Ossy :D

Sick, tired and fed up with footie.

I don't like what happened to my team, I cannot stand Mr Bean (Kean), and Venkys are headless chickens.

I have been watching Rovers for years, and started thanks to my Dad (God bless him) and as a school lad from Leyland went all over the Country watching them: Willington, Matlock, Brighton, Southend, Orient, Bristol, Watford and helped lift the gates off the hinges at Halifax Town when we all walked in without paying!

Best seasons ever were 1974/75 and 1994/95.

I was not intending to renew , I had my fill with over paid cheating pansies (mainly Citeh, Arsenal and Chelsea) and rip-off agents.

However against all my previous intentions I have decided to renew.

Am I barking mad? YES

Are you also barking mad? PROBABLY

I don't like what happened to my team, I cannot stand Mr Bean (Kean), and Venkys are headless chickens.

I have been watching Rovers for years, and started thanks to my Dad (God bless him) and as a school lad from Leyland went all over the Country watching them: Willington, Matlock, Brighton, Southend, Orient, Bristol, Watford and helped lift the gates off the hinges at Halifax Town when we all walked in without paying!

Did that ST you sent me that got lost in the post ever turn up?

I have been offered a job in Australia, what would you do? And, frankly, what business is it of yours? Anyway, back to football!

It's my business because you put it in a public domain. Some people would call you a hypocrite for clearing off abroad and then demanding people don't abandon Rovers - but then I'm more polite.

It's my business because you put it in a public domain. Some people would call you a hypocrite for clearing off abroad and then demanding people don't abandon Rovers - but then I'm more polite.

You're trolling and it's pointless.

The difference between not buying a season ticket because things have changed at Rovers and emigrating to Australia because I've been offered a job there is massive. Who ever said emigrating is 'abandoning your country' anyway?

You sir are one of the biggest WUM`s i have seen on any message board,

Hmmm, you ever put anything in the public domain, maybe even this very message board?

Naughty, Jim. Had to laugh at that though!!!

Best seasons ever were 1974/75 and 1994/95.

I was not intending to renew , I had my fill with over paid cheating pansies (mainly Citeh, Arsenal and Chelsea) and rip-off agents.

However against all my previous intentions I have decided to renew.

Am I barking mad? YES

Are you also barking mad? PROBABLY

And that Preston Blue is where my head is as well. My Dad took me to my first game in 1976 and changed my nappy down the back of Riverside at half time. He has not been to a game in 10 years due to Parkinson's. His eyes light up everytime I give him a match day programme to read. That's probably why I will renew. He passed on the faith and the bug. Through thick and thin. Even though I am fed up with the Premier League and the whole business nature of footy I will renew. Christ, we might even have a centre forward who can put the ball in the net come August.

Once a Rover, always a Rover

Fantastic post Ozzie, there are many fans out there who have similar feelings to what you expressed.

I too was not intending to renew my season ticket this season, but in the end decided that despite my feelings this is our (fans) club, Venky's may be the owners but it is us the fans that are the heart and sole of the club, for that reason alone I decided to renew. I'll be there every week supporting the team and hoping that the owners have learned from the mistakes that they have made. But at the end of the day players, managers and owners come and go but we the fans will always be there.

Fantastic post Ozzie, there are many fans out there who have similar feelings to what you expressed.

I too was not intending to renew my season ticket this season, but in the end decided that despite my feelings this is our (fans) club, Venky's may be the owners but it is us the fans that are the heart and sole of the club, for that reason alone I decided to renew. I'll be there every week supporting the team and hoping that the owners have learned from the mistakes that they have made. But at the end of the day players, managers and owners come and go but we the fans will always be there.

Excellent post Kamy. Couldn't agree more with you. I will be renewal my ST next season for sure.

Apologies if I seem like a simpleton.. As I've mentioned earlier in the thread I have never had the opportunity to own a season ticket before and therefore for this upcoming season I'm looking at getting one with my brother, Someone mentioned you can go into the ground and look at the view from the seats that are still available. If anyone has done this before or knows anything about the workings behind this then help would be appreciated. Should I ring the ticket office and ask to be accompanied into certain areas of the stadium? Or is there a different department? Or do they simply not offer this service anymore?

Many Thanks

Apologies if I seem like a simpleton.. As I've mentioned earlier in the thread I have never had the opportunity to own a season ticket before and therefore for this upcoming season I'm looking at getting one with my brother, Someone mentioned you can go into the ground and look at the view from the seats that are still available. If anyone has done this before or knows anything about the workings behind this then help would be appreciated. Should I ring the ticket office and ask to be accompanied into certain areas of the stadium? Or is there a different department? Or do they simply not offer this service anymore?

Many Thanks

check pm

im prepared to stick my neck out on a season ticket. Sent off for an application form today, havent had one since 2003, hope my judgement isnt misplaced. If people are prepared to pay good money then we ought to be rewarded with some proper signings in the summer otherwise i fear its going to be money down the drain.

I have applied for 3 season tickets (19 games) in the Darwen End and have received a very nice email off the club today saying :

'We have received your Applications today, thank-you. At the moment the Darwen End is full, however there are 2 options you can do.

You can wait until the deadline has gone to see if any seats become available, claim your own seat deadline is June 30th.

Or you can purchase seats in the Blackburn End, which is the same price, this would mean getting the direct debit set up, and we can put you in the Transfer system to move you into the Darwen End.

If no seats become available in the Darwen End, we would get you the best seats in the Blackburn End.'

I am disappointed to see that only a quarter of the Darwen End is made avaialable to season tickets and of this quarter 500 seats are unavailable (250 for matchday sales and 250 left free for safety reasons).

I now have to either choose to pick some seats I don't really want or wait until July to see if there are any season ticket places available in the Darwen End.

I am fully aware of the clubs reasons behind not opening up the lower tier fully but it does seem a backward step by not allowing what is a potential for growth in season ticket sales (i.e 16/19 game unreserved seating) to fully reach its potential.

Archived