BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Season Ticket Prices 2011/12

For the first time in a long time I have enjoyed the football season ending. I have enjoyed a break from the stress.

I used to feel like that too Dan when Sam was in charge - the summer months were a welcome respite from the drudgery of going down to Ewood knowing you were going to be bored to tears watching the same old long ball game. But don't you feel it's different this year ? - the new owners are in charge for their first full season, they have money to spend, big-name players could be joining the club, and we have a fresh young manager who is regarded as one of the brightest in the game. There's so much to look forward to !

• Replies 831
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Are you feeling ok Jim?

What surprised me is that the lady in the ticket office today said that it shouldn't be a problem moving to the darwen end which must mean quite a few haven't renewed.

I look forward to some spotty teen trying to abuse me and my dad for not singing constantly.

I have renewed two of our three tickets though I had no inclination to do so. I've renewed because my son can't go without me and if this wasn't the case I may not have renewed. I'm just not sure.

On a day to day basis I'm sick to the back teeth of our current owners who in my view have failed at every turn. I don't believe we will sign any quality players, I won't be surprised, nor will i care, if Hoilett and Samba leave. I don't expect the squad to improve or next season to be any better than last

I can't find a single positive thing in the current set up and have completely lost interest.

I'm sick of the arguing, name calling and insults which get thrown at any one who dares hold an alternate opinion. There are many posters on here who need to take a long look in the mirror.

I don't for one minute believe we have £50m to spend. I'm tired of a generation of fans that seem to live fantasy football and FM (though I'm not really sure what that is) who appear to judge everything on ££££ with no thought for the consequences.

Despite all this I was emotionally wrecked at Wolves. My passion hasn't died but just about every other interest I had in Rovers has gone since Venky's arrived. They are utterly incompetent.

I want Venky's out - now.

I respect your views and your right to post them Paul but I do disagree entirely with your post. I simply don't understand how you or anyone else on here were seemingly happy under the previous owners who ceased financial support some time ago as was of course entirely their prerogative. Yet you appear to be unhappy on the basis you fear the same or a a similar situation might arise under the new owners.

I don't want Venky's out, I want them or whoever it might have been who took over to provide the manager with a workable transfer budget each transfer window. And if occasionally a major player like Jones decides to walk out shortly after signing a new contract I expect the entirety of the proceeds to be made available to the manager. Maybe I am being greedy and unreasonable in wanting that but I am looking at it as a fan first and foremost, not an accountant. And hopefully said owners will realise that a successful and prosperous Blackburn Rovers is good for the profile of their other businesses, even if they don't generate a deep love for the game as a hobby in the fullness of time.

As for my season ticket, I'll be nipping down to renew before the claim your own seat deadline on Thursday. Never even gave it a econd thought. Despite Jones' departure the long term future looks brighter than it has done for quite a few seasons imo.

To keep it brief Rev, we (presuming I speak for others) knew where we stood with the Trust. Maybe it wasn't a particularly good place to stand, but it was known firm ground. Now I'm really not sure if I'm on the quicksand of Morecambe Bay and I won't find out for a while yet.

Are you feeling ok Jim?

What surprised me is that the lady in the ticket office today said that it shouldn't be a problem moving to the darwen end which must mean quite a few haven't renewed.

I look forward to some spotty teen trying to abuse me and my dad for not singing constantly.

Didn't think the time to renew had passed - so surely difficult to say shouldn't be a problem ? Also some mixed messages that DE tickets are no longer available until renewal period has finished - which surely must show DE is selling in some numbers (don't know how many unsold ST's there were last season).

Also - as the cheapest tickets - probably bought by people who leave until last minute due to finances ?

After a lot of soul searching I have decided that I wont be renewing my ticket just yet, even if it means losing my seat in the JW Upper where Rev and co offer a different view on all things Rovers. Simple reason is that I am going to wait to see just how this Venkysfest in the transfer market works out.

This is the first time ever that I havent renewed but after last season I just aim to wait and see. I am not anti Venkys I just want to see what they really have to offer us fans on the pitch. Oft the pitch there is no doubting they have left no stone unturned and are working hard behind the scenes, its on the pitch that matters for me.

I want to see players leaving (andrews,grella,brown, for starters) and I want to see the type of player coming in before spending my hard earned on a season ticket for yet another toil with relegation.

So come on venkys, splash the cash and convince me to spend my money.

I have been massively sceptical of this whole takeover, I am still far from convinced. Plus, Steve Kean just does not make sense whatever way I look at it or others try and spin it.

But not get a ST? Can't do it. This is my club and I will be there when we reach the Champions League (arf!) or when we are picking up the pieces after we have done a Portsmouth.

I am in too deep now!

*Not knocking you 1864, you are calling it how you see it.

Fully hope a lot of people are holding back after reading through what seems to be the shambles that is the transfer thread.

Hold back folks until the picture becomes clearer !

To be honest - I would guess that the transfer season (and to be honest it hasn't really got going) - is no more or less complicated than it always has been. What influences peoples view is the internet - and the flow of information and mis-information that is generated by the premiership and the agents that surround it. Go back twenty years - the only source of information would be the LET and what your mates tell you down at the pub.

I would ask one question - why hold back until it becomes clearer ? are all these people suddenly going to stop supporting Rovers because we don't sign this player or that ?

Fully hope a lot of people are holding back after reading through what seems to be the shambles that is the transfer thread.

I didn't know you cared so much about keeping Andrews.

Usually, there is a surcharge if you pay by credit card, however, can't see that in the info. for 2011/12.

Can anyone who's paid by credit card advise.

No surcharge when I paid with my credit card.

After a lot of soul searching I have decided that I wont be renewing my ticket just yet, even if it means losing my seat in the JW Upper where Rev and co offer a different view on all things Rovers. Simple reason is that I am going to wait to see just how this Venkysfest in the transfer market works out.

This is the first time ever that I havent renewed but after last season I just aim to wait and see. I am not anti Venkys I just want to see what they really have to offer us fans on the pitch. Oft the pitch there is no doubting they have left no stone unturned and are working hard behind the scenes, its on the pitch that matters for me.

I want to see players leaving (andrews,grella,brown, for starters) and I want to see the type of player coming in before spending my hard earned on a season ticket for yet another toil with relegation.

So come on venkys, splash the cash and convince me to spend my money.

Hit the nail on the head for me 1864, over the last 3-4 years we've been gradually starved of any quality. It finally arrives in Jones and Hoilett and may just as quickly disappear...If the owners deliver signings - not empty words, I'll happily purchase a S/T.

Why are you telling people to hold back?

How will poor season ticket sales help the club?

Why are you telling people to hold back?

How will poor season ticket sales help the club?

Pathetic thats why....her ST obviously depends on who we sign or who we dont. She would rather fans harm the club by not renewing!

Most dont choose their club/ support based on managers/ owners or signings. Mine are being delivered today.

Archived