BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Sam Allardyce

• Moderation Lead

Some points to consider- Allardyce (or many of other 'nicknames' attributed to him) isn't our manager any more, yet people keep banging on about him- (how long ago is it now he was sacked?)

He has a small army of fanboys on here that can't see the wood for the trees when it comes to criticism of him, and refuses to acknowledge anything over than his achievements!

There are a lot of people on here the complete reverse of the above, giving him nothing but vitriolic abuse due to his 'style' of football, and the fact to be fair he did love being in the public eye far too much, and sounded off when he would have been as well to keep shtum.

There's no doubt Allardyce is a good manager, especially when it comes to working on limited budgets, with playing staff with limited levels of ability, and that at times (particularly towards the back end of last season) we were playing some lovely stuff. Obviously given time (and patience by the supporters of Newcastle, regardless of what they say) he would have transformed them brilliantly. His football at times is dire to watch, but then to be honest if it gets results, in my eyes little else is of any importance, though at many times last season (1st half against Portsmouth at home) it was horrendous to watch. He presided over some great moments as manager of the club, but now (well, a long time ago really), it's time to move on! HE'S NOT OUR MANAGER ANY MORE AND HE WON'T BE AGAIN!

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderation Lead

But this is a Sam Allardyce thread on a message board that allows discussion of not just Rovers related football, so what's the problem? If you are not interested, don't read it!

Yeah, but not like people haven't been chatting on about Allardyce for months already is it? :rolleyes:

True, but did it really need it's own thread? :unsure:

I would think that the very purpose of the new thread was to isolate the Allardyce chat and therefore spare any people like yourself that are fed-up with hearing about him. Nobody makes YOU (or anyone else of like mind) click on the clearly labeled "Sam Allardyce"thread if they don't want to.

True, but did it really need it's own thread? :unsure:

Would have fit nicely in the current topic about 'the expert'

http://www.brfcs.co.uk/mb/index.php/topic/24454-sam-allardyce-messiah-or-simply-a-good-manager/page__view__getlastpost

Or even 'other premierleague happenings', though West Ham are not premierleague anymore (sounds good that)

http://www.brfcs.co.uk/mb/index.php/topic/23551-other-pl-happenings-2010-2011/page__pid__1070451__st__3500#entry1070451

It's pretty much doomed to fail, isn't it? They will struggle for results early in the season as Allardyce tries to rebuild their tactics and extremely offense-tilted squad into something more to his liking, fans will hate him for his both his approach to football and his ego, the owners will receive a huge amount of flak for hiring him... Equals a sacking to me.

• Moderation Lead

I would think that the very purpose of the new thread was to isolate the Allardyce chat and therefore spare any people like yourself that are fed-up with hearing about him. Nobody makes YOU (or anyone else of like mind) click on the clearly labeled "Sam Allardyce"thread if they don't want to.

Isolate the Allardyce chat, in a thread bearing his name and new job? :blush:

Isolate the Allardyce chat, in a thread bearing his name and new job? :blush:

Oh dear! .....I would have thought it obvious that when I talked of isolating the Allardyce chat, what I was referring to was the fact that in creating a separate Sam Allardyce thread that was indeed isolating the Allardyce chat from the rest of the various subjects on the MB and as I clearly said this was probably done to spare the likes of yourself and any others that don't want to read any more about our recently departed manager. There is that clear enough for you? :rolleyes:

Sounds like the Samettes on here are getting their excuses in early - if he fails it'll be down to the crazy owners or unreasonable fans, not any failings on his part. Sounds familiar? ;)

I don't think they'll lose that many key players apart from the obvious ones, and they've got some decent younger players (Hines, Sears, Da Costa, Collison) who will likely stay and should be easily good enough for the Championship. If he's as good a manager as some on here keep on telling us, they should be straight back up. Be interesting to see how he does, and if he can justify his hype and back up his ego.

Sounds like the Samettes on here are getting their excuses in early - if he fails it'll be down to the crazy owners or unreasonable fans, not any failings on his part. Sounds familiar? ;)

I don't think they'll lose that many key players apart from the obvious ones, and they've got some decent younger players (Hines, Sears, Da Costa, Collison) who will likely stay and should be easily good enough for the Championship. If he's as good a manager as some on here keep on telling us, they should be straight back up. Be interesting to see how he does, and if he can justify his hype and back up his ego.

Who is a 'Samette'?

I couldn't care less if he bombed or not down there.

But did I appreciate the job he did HERE? Damn right I did. And so should everyone else.

Who is a 'Samette'?

I couldn't care less if he bombed or not down there.

But did I appreciate the job he did HERE? Damn right I did. And so should everyone else.

I agree did a very good job at Rovers... lol

A true Rovers fan would never, ever call the club "Blackburn". Always, always Rovers.

Please explain.

I don't need to explain anything to you, a true Rovers fan would not question others loyalties.

From the Sunday Telegraph....

..........."West Ham came close to appointing Allardyce in January, when they instead offered the job to O’Neill, and it is understood that he hugely impressed co-chairman David Sullivan at that time and was disappointed not to be their choice.

THEY MUST BE DEEPLY REGRETTING THAT DECISION. NO DOUBT AFRAID OF SOME FACEBOOK CAMPAIGN BY THEIR DELUSIONAL FANS. IT'S COST THEM MASSIVELY.

The club’s owners accept that a significant overhaul of the squad is needed and that a strong-minded manager such as Allardyce will be able to make the changes that are needed on and off the pitch. This has over-ridden any concerns over the manager’s style of football.

ALLARDYCE WILL BE TO THEM WHAT SOUNESS WAS TO US. A TOUGH SINGLE MINDED CHARACTER WHO WILL WEILD A HATCHET IN ONE HAND FOR SOME AND AN OLIVE BRANCH IN THE OTHER.

Allardyce also has a record of delivering success of comparatively limited resources and the West Ham board have already warned that, given the club’s debts, huge amounts of money cannot be spent to return to the top flight.

PERFECT CHOICE.

Nevertheless it is believed that Allardyce will earn in excess of £1million-a-year making him the highest paid manager in the Championship.

MUCH MORE SENSE TO PAY HIM THAN THE LIKES OF KIERON DIRE, WAYNE BRIDGE ETC ETC!

The triumph for West Ham is in persuading him to go back into the Championship but it is believed that Allardyce, who still harbours hopes of one day becoming England manager, thinks that restoring the fortunes of a London club might help his cause"

I SAID WHEN THERE WAS TALK OF HIM REPLACING GRANT AT CHRISTMAS THAT THE WHU JOB WOULD SUIT HIS ENGLAND AMBITIONS DOWN TO THE GROUND. HE COULD TEAR TREES UP HERE AND GET NOWHERE, IF HE DOES WELL WITH WHU HE'LL BE A SHOE IN FOR THE ENGLAND JOB.

All in all a great result for Allardyce. If he gets rid of the parasites down there and finds an Okocha and a Campo or two he'll win over the Upton Park faithful and get em back up. He needs above all to get off to a good start and set the ball rolling.

Anybody heard from mick brown?

Archived