BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Sam Allardyce

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Total lack of respect for a bloke that did an excellent job for the club.

How on earth certain people struggle to seperate his supposed persona with what he did for the club is beyond me.

When the guy speaks about being "better suited" to Inter Milan or Real Madrid, he deserves all the flak he gets.

Good manager, ridiculous ego.

Of all the managers out there, Allardyce is the outstanding candidate IMO.

If the rumours are true, and he's first in line, then kudos to the owners as well, because he won't be the most popular choice amongst the supporters of a club who supposedly have a "tradition" of playing good football.

I reckon they'll use him to get the club promoted, then sack him if they don't get instant success in the Premier League.

• Backroom

He's the best man for the job, there, so they've made the right choice. I can't bring myself to say 'good luck to him' because I wish nothing but bad luck for West Ham and I don't want to see them back in the top flight for quite some time.

If he does take over then we'll see if he can live up to his ridiculous self-hype and bluster. With the squad there, anything less than automatic promotion would be a failure if he's half as good a manager as certain posters never tire of reminding everyone.

Total lack of respect for a bloke that did an excellent job for the club.

How on earth certain people struggle to seperate his supposed persona with what he did for the club is beyond me.

If theres one thing allardyce isnt its respectfull, hes rued, arrogant, egotistical and he was disrespectfull too the players and club with comments he made in his last 6 months here.

If I was a betting man I'd wager he'll have then back in the prem in one and I'd also wager the Hammers fans truly hate to watch their team.

You could be right, but I don't think he'll get them up in season one.

Big lump up front in Carlton Cole, Green, Gabbindon and Upson leathering it from the back, its made for him.

I bet Jacobsons delighted with Allardyces arrival, didn't he slate him in the press for not playing football :lol:

If he does take over then we'll see if he can live up to his ridiculous self-hype and bluster. With the squad there, anything less than automatic promotion would be a failure if he's half as good a manager as certain posters never tire of reminding everyone.

Let's wait and see what squad he actually has left come August. Green, Jacobsen, Upson, Bridge, Parker, Boa Morte, Dyer, Cole, Ba, and Obinha will all be gone. I wouldn't be surprised if Noble, Hitz, and Piquionne go as well.

Getting them back up will be a tough task IMO.

Let's wait and see what squad he actually has left come August. Green, Jacobsen, Upson, Bridge, Parker, Boa Morte, Dyer, Cole, Ba, and Obinha will all be gone. I wouldn't be surprised if Noble, Hitz, and Piquionne go as well.

Getting them back up will be a tough task IMO.

No wonder they are in the sh1t. There are only 3 of that lot that I'd consider us signing if I was our manager.... and one of them certainly wouldn't come.

No wonder they are in the sh1t. There are only 3 of that lot that I'd consider us signing if I was our manager.... and one of them certainly wouldn't come.

Parker, Piquionne aaaaand....Ba?

It's also a massive upheaval and they're going to have precious little quality up front next season.

An outstanding candidate? To keep you in the league? Yes. To get you promoted? Not so sure.

His record in this respect isn't bad. He got Notts County promoted and he made the playoffs two years running with Bolton, going up at the second attempt.

His record in this respect isn't bad. He got Notts County promoted and he made the playoffs two years running with Bolton, going up at the second attempt.

Though he did throw away a healthy points lead and allow his team to get overtaken for one of the promotion slots in the run-in, getting thumped 4-1 at home by them I believe!

Though he did throw away a healthy points lead and allow his team to get overtaken for one of the promotion slots in the run-in, getting thumped 4-1 at home by them I believe!

Twas one of the coldest nights I can recall watching the Rovers! :rover:

NAH THEN FAT LAD STILL THINK YOUR BETTER SUITED FOR BARCA ? OR FIZZY POP LEAGUE ?

Lol..I can imagine him watching that final saying.."That should've been me. I'd have won that by the 'eck"..Fat ######, would not wish him on Burnley...Second thoughts yes I would lol.

Funny, I would have picked Jim, Drog & TGM before those three.

Those 3 comment negatively on the guy but for everyone one of those there are as many who want to comment positively and so the argument goes on.See Abbey's mail above for example!

If somebody thought well of the previous manager and 2 people come on this thread referring to him as a "slug" or "fat slug" then there's going to be a reaction isn't there?

The hypocrisy comes when the haters then say "He's gone!!!Shut up about him!" in the largest format available to them usually! It seems to me you can talk about Allardyce all you like without any criticism so long as you slag him off.

Archived