BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Sam Allardyce

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who is a 'Samette'?

I couldn't care less if he bombed or not down there.

But did I appreciate the job he did HERE? Damn right I did. And so should everyone else.

I'm with you. I detest West Ham and don't wish them well whoever the manager is.

I had a sneaky peak at KUMB and they don't seem too happy in the main.

I wish him and Neil all the very best :tu:

I thought I read that Mac'Donald was managing somewhere else?

I hope he fails. Miserably.

Hate West Ham

I dislike West Ham too and the silly media hype that continues to surround the club. Assuming he is appointed, I hope Sam fails for that reason alone but I fear he will get them back at the first attempt and prove again his quality as a manager back in the top flight.

Twelve months from now, he could be smiling again with the 'orrible 'ammers back in the Premier League and Rovers relegated under our clueless owners and manager.

I'll forever be grateful for what big sam did for us in our hour of need, however, I prefer the brand of football we're playing now and I'm not sure it's a good move for him as soon as things aren't quite going right for them, people'll start whinging that the club aren't playing "the west ham way"

much like they did at newcastle

• Backroom

I dislike West Ham too and the silly media hype that continues to surround the club. Assuming he is appointed, I hope Sam fails for that reason alone but I fear he will get them back at the first attempt and prove again his quality as a manager back in the top flight.

Twelve months from now, he could be smiling again with the 'orrible 'ammers back in the Premier League and Rovers relegated under our clueless owners and manager.

Bleedin Nora only a week after we have survived the doom has set in for us being relegated next season already.

All in all a great result for Allardyce. If he gets rid of the parasites down there and finds an Okocha and a Campo or two he'll win over the Upton Park faithful and get em back up. He needs above all to get off to a good start and set the ball rolling.

Anybody heard from mick brown?

I'm still here, not my first choice would have preferred Curbishley to come back but BFS is the next best appointment. You can't argue with his track record and we need a strong manager who will keep the owners and brady in their place.

Roll on the championship.........

I never saw it rolling at the last club he managed.

Dont you? Well it did when he took over from Ince. If your memory is so weak just check it out for yourself cos to be honest I can't be arsed to debate the issue with you.

There are no freebie Okocha's and Campo's out there anymore. On the rare occassion one pops up they all get snapped up by better clubs than West Ham or sit on their clubs bench counting their wages.

Sam will find it hard and unforgiving in the big smoke. He'll wish he was back being booed for being negative as hell when 3-0 up with the opposition on the ropes and ready for a right royal, goal difference boosting, spanking

There are no freebie Okocha's and Campo's out there anymore. On the rare occassion one pops up they all get snapped up by better clubs than West Ham or sit on their clubs bench counting their wages.

Sam will find it hard and unforgiving in the big smoke. He'll wish he was back being booed for being negative as hell when 3-0 up with the opposition on the ropes and ready for a right royal, goal difference boosting, spanking

"What has Sam Allardyce joining West Ham to do with Rovers?" I believe you asked yesterday.

Dont you? Well it did when he took over from Ince. If your memory is so weak just check it out for yourself cos to be honest I can't be arsed to debate the issue with you.

Wasn't this a reference to the fact that the ball rarely touched the ground for a large part of Allardyce's tenure here, rather than he didn't have us going anywhere. Thought it was quite an amusing remark myself!

Cant see the hammers fans being happy at this...they hate his style!

Like us all they will tolerate the style, if it gets results on the pitch and they gain promotion. But when the results turn bad, they will turn on Sam and his style of football. Sam kept Rovers up - to that I am grateful. But the football was cr@p. Others on here may not share that opinion - so be it, their choice. For me the football under Sam was cr@p. The negativity against certain teams again to me was a cr@p approach. Yes it kept Rovers up, which in it self was good thing. Am I for or against Sam - neither. I just think his style of football was utter cr@p.

Like us all they will tolerate the style, if it gets results on the pitch and they gain promotion. But when the results turn bad, they will turn on Sam and his style of football. Sam kept Rovers up - to that I am grateful. But the football was cr@p. Others on here may not share that opinion - so be it, their choice. For me the football under Sam was cr@p. The negativity against certain teams again to me was a cr@p approach. Yes it kept Rovers up, which in it self was good thing. Am I for or against Sam - neither. I just think his style of football was utter cr@p.

i was talking to a fan the other day who said her whole family had come to the point under Allardyce where they were looking for reasons not to go to Ewood and had stopped attending away games at all becuase none of them looked forward to going to Ewood any more. She said it must be the only ground in the country where even when you won and appreciated the 3 points you still felt, but I might have been better off doing the ironing or some other meaningless chore.It isn't just about the winning, for some of us. It's about a certain level of entertainment that, whilst not compromising your chance of winning, gets you a bit more excited. There will still be the dull one nil when you are not playing well and just need to grind something out - every team plays those sometimes - but also the incredibly exciting matches where you don't want them to end. We had few of those under Allardyce. I think he was like the nasty medicine you sometimes have to take - you need it to cure what's gone wrong, but you can't wait for the day when someone says you no longer need it.

In their/your opinion of course gumboots.

I loved the fact we became nigh on unbeatable at Ewood, his tenure will always be appreciated by myself and many others.

Just hope West Hsm continue to be unmanageble.

In their/your opinion of course gumboots.

I loved the fact we became nigh on unbeatable at Ewood, his tenure will always be appreciated by myself and many others.

Just hope West Hsm continue to be unmanageble.

It's all about opinion though. I don't claim Allardyce was the devil incarnate or anywhere near. Just that whilst appreciating that we needed him when we got him as staying up however we could was the priority, the football was very hard for many fans to watch. They don't necessarily want Kean, don't demand Holloway's style of entertainment. They just want something that doesn't make you think, "I want to go to Ewood but am not really looking forward to the match" They keep going because they are loyal supporters but there is no anticipation.

i was talking to a fan the other day who said her whole family had come to the point under Allardyce where they were looking for reasons not to go to Ewood and had stopped attending away games at all becuase none of them looked forward to going to Ewood any more. She said it must be the only ground in the country where even when you won and appreciated the 3 points you still felt, but I might have been better off doing the ironing or some other meaningless chore.It isn't just about the winning, for some of us. It's about a certain level of entertainment that, whilst not compromising your chance of winning, gets you a bit more excited. There will still be the dull one nil when you are not playing well and just need to grind something out - every team plays those sometimes - but also the incredibly exciting matches where you don't want them to end. We had few of those under Allardyce. I think he was like the nasty medicine you sometimes have to take - you need it to cure what's gone wrong, but you can't wait for the day when someone says you no longer need it.

Totally agree Gumboots - and of the 20-odd or so season ticket holders I know that was pretty much the unanimous opinion (although even Sam's football was better than ironing!) ;)

As I've said before, it was that dull that at the beginning of last season I was seriously contemplating not getting a season ticket for the first time since 1982. Going to Ewood had become a chore; something to endure rather than enjoy.

It bounced, it never rolled.

Yes he kept us up however we also finished 10th under him too - plus pro rata were on course for finishing in the top ten again this season....

All i read is negativity, negativity, negativity and to be quite honest i'm sick of it! Would it not be easier to actually get behind the team and support them? There are a number of supporters on this message board that seem to like making Venky's look like idiots! Ok, some of their decisions have been baffling at times, but to say they didn't know what they were getting into before they bought the club is stupid. You would not spend £23 million on a football club if you knew nothing about it! You may aswell just transfer that £23 million into my bank account.They would not waste that kind of money. I believe we will have a good summer, and i guarantee we will not be in the same position we were in last season, with the likes of; Jones,Ollson,Hoillet,Rochina all pushing on last season, we will have a very youthful looking side, add abit of experience in the transfer window, and i actually believe we could get top 8.

I log on here everyday, and i just read the same bullshit constantly about how Venkys are only giving us 5 million and how they are going to destroy us. Blackburn Rovers gets destroyed so does the brand name Venkys. People need to start using their head. Lets wait till the end of summer and see what Venkys have done before we start judging.

Up the Rovers!!!! :)

If we get the squad Kean apparently wants then there'll be many more reasons not to go to Ewood. We'll play crap AND lose.

Not particularly a Kean fan either. Who knows what squad Kean actually wants anyway? Who knows what he'll end up with? None of us. We don't know whether there'll be money to spend, whether he can get rid of some of those fringe players we'd all love to see the back of but whose wages make it hard to be free of them, whether incomings are dependent on the sale of some of our better players or whatever. There were plenty of mistakes made by all the previous managers I can remember too but only Kean is getting real stick for his. Nobody wants to see their team lose but nor do they want to bored rigid watching their team every week. Balance is the important thing. Man Utd don't play sexy football most of the time but they do score goals and get results. Obviously we're not Man U and our players aren't that standard but there is more than one way to play football and that was what allardyce somehow seemed to forget.

Not particularly a Kean fan either. Who knows what squad Kean actually wants anyway? Who knows what he'll end up with? None of us. We don't know whether there'll be money to spend, whether he can get rid of some of those fringe players we'd all love to see the back of but whose wages make it hard to be free of them, whether incomings are dependent on the sale of some of our better players or whatever. There were plenty of mistakes made by all the previous managers I can remember too but only Kean is getting real stick for his. Nobody wants to see their team lose but nor do they want to bored rigid watching their team every week. Balance is the important thing. Man Utd don't play sexy football most of the time but they do score goals and get results. Obviously we're not Man U and our players aren't that standard but there is more than one way to play football and that was what allardyce somehow seemed to forget.

All Managers make mistakes--true. Kean hasn't got more stick than he deserves though-----same as Ince. Our other managers of recent times-Souness, Hughes and Allardyce were in a different class to those two.

Who knows what he wants? Well he does and he's told us! He wants a mid-fielder and 2 strikers and he's told us they are Jones, Santa Cruz and Miram Diouf--------apart from Jones--God help us!

He's told us he'll only go for others if he can't get them. If we sign Derek Riordon even God can't help us.

If he gets what he says he wants I think we are looking down the barrel of relegation next season. It'll be the side that saved itself on the last day (in some style I must admit) --------minus Samba who did more to save us that anyone else.

Common sense really.

I never saw it rolling at the last club he managed.

You're wasted on here mate. Allardyce is no laughing matter!

Back to topic, perhaps we can agree what would and would not constitute success for him in his new role before revsionism sets in? Surely, if he is one of the top 7 managers in the country (copyright TGM), promotion at 1st attempt is the least we can expect, if not champions? Who is he up against down there? Also, since his strength is his system, then who stays/leaves WHU shouldn't matter? And since he is unparalleled working on a budget then transfer budget shouldn't matter either? Plus I would expect a finish of at least 15th the year after. All of the above should not be a stretch given what Chris Houghton - not one of the top managers in the country - achieved.

"What has Sam Allardyce joining West Ham to do with Rovers?" I believe you asked yesterday.

hehe.. excellent point 47er, i does seem odd, well not only odd, but quite frankly stupid aswell. I havent posted an argument in a week or 2, regarding sam vs kean, as all has been said multiple times. Yet those who advised us, us who questioned sam dismissal, to forget about it and move on, are apparently not bright enough, to follow their own advice.

i know we live in a free world and have the luxury of free speech, but i would love it, if the mods just put an end to this circle-debate. Sam hasnt been here for 6 month sand yet this is still being debated. YAWN.

Archived