BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Summer 2011 Transfer Window Part One

*Time to firmly secure my tin hat*

I'm glad this story has come out. I can actually talk about it now.

Whether you want to believe this or not is entirely up to you. Jones does not like Kean as manager and has been vocal about that fact to friends. From what I understand, this is an opinion shared by much of the team but as true professionals, they are rightly presenting a different picture to the press.

I would imagine that the only way we would keep Phil Jones, is to replace Kean.

Furthermore for those of you that think that Venkys will put every penny of Jones' and Samba's sale back into the transfer fund - :rolleyes:

Heard something similar a few weeks ago about Kean in that he is well liked but staff at the club don't rate his managerial ability.

Replacing Kean to keep Jones will seem like a win, win scenario in most people's eyes.

If Venkys don't keep their word and reinvest the transfer money then they will lose their last shred of integrity.

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How likely is this to happen tho? Also what type of manager could the owners attract to rovers?

Not sure Chaddy.

I had pretty strong information that Jones was to be sold in January to boost the transfer budget. My source had that from the Mother of our future England Captain.

If that is the case again, then I imagine our transfer budget is based around his sale...

We'll have to see.

Supporting Rovers is going to be more of a rollercoaster than ever before with the Brothers and Colonel Coco-Bananas in charge.

Whether you want to believe this or not is entirely up to you. Jones does not like Kean as manager and has been vocal about that fact to friends. From what I understand, this is an opinion shared by much of the team but as true professionals, they are rightly presenting a different picture to the press.

Furthermore for those of you that think that Venkys will put every penny of Jones' and Samba's sale back into the transfer fund - :rolleyes:

Then you would think that Barry and Co need to be having a heart to heart with the players very soon, players talk 'Raul Salgado', if true, looks like we will be shopping in the final pay day window.

kean has his own thread.. use that to slag him off. as for your lastest exclusive... :lol::wstu:

btw did you see him run straight to the manager and the coaches when we scored at wolves.. ??? ;)

simple jones has the final say. cant see him moving to london.. (for family reasons) so that leaves a few out. :D

dont think the club want to sell and by all accounts he wants to stay.

How likely is this to happen tho? Also what type of manager could the owners attract to rovers?

money talks, chaddy. :rover:

kean has his own thread.. use that to slag him off. as for your lastest exclusive... :lol::wstu:

btw did you see him run straight to the manager and the coaches when we scored at wolves.. ??? ;)

I saw him completely ignore Kean's outstretched hand and go straight to the coaching staff..... :wstu::lol:

100% agreed with this. As per usual, if we sell our best players we will barely see any of the funds reinvested into the team.

Not sure Chaddy.

I had pretty strong information that Jones was to be sold in January to boost the transfer budget. My source had that from the Mother of our future England Captain.

If that is the case again, then I imagine our transfer budget is based around his sale...

We'll have to see.

Supporting Rovers is going to be more of a rollercoaster than ever before with the Brothers and Colonel Coco-Bananas in charge.

Good times then. :rolleyes:

There was no plan to sell him in January. He was injured for a kick off.

Or

Hmm.

If we keep hold of Jones do we have the finances to strengthen the team eg add a quality midfielder and striker or will we be shopping in beggars alley?

You would be dealing in different markets if you sold Phil Jones.

Right now it would be a case of signing Jermaine Jones and trying to push the price down - and his wages. Any other money would have to go on a striker too - either a top-class free or a loan. There are NO bargain strikers out there at the moment.

If you had a further £15 million it would open the door to spending on a better couple of players.

You were only really a decent striker from having a top ten finish if you look at the table.

Big decisions ahead.

At what point was Phil Jones told he would be sold?

And who told him?

I notice that he stayed...and signed a new contract.

You would be deaing in different markets if you sold Phil Jones.

Right now it would be a case of signing Jermaine Jones and trying to push the pride down - and his wages. Any other money woould have to go on a striker too - either a top-class free or a loan. There are NO bargain strikers out there at the moment.

If you had a further £15 million it would open the door to spending on a better couple of players.

You were only really a decent striker from having a top ten finish if you look at the table.

Big decisions ahead.

Nicko,

I hope this isn't taken out of context. I wonder why you earlier accused someone of having a dig at Kean. But then BPF's post about Kean not being well liked you ignore. I'm not sure where that leaves us. Have you also heard Kean is as unpopular like BPF said? A genuine question not intended to offend you or BPF. I'm just trying to get a picture of what is going on behind the scenes. Seems strange you would defend him against a relatively unoffensive post, but ignore one which makes a distinct accusation about Kean's popularity.

EDIT; - Just saw your reply

Also, on the basis of your post above, is it safe to say the latest £5m quota for our budget is close to the truth? In which case, it begs the question, why did Kean make noises about having substantial funds. Has somebody moved the goal posts?

You would be dealing in different markets if you sold Phil Jones.

quote]

And we were only 2 centre-halves away from relegation.

Wish you hadn't posted that link Chaddy. There is another link in it...

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/883995/blackburn-rovers-target-kaka-for-summer-swoop?cc=5739

...which only serves to remind us how out of touch our owners are.

I hope that Venkys get sick and tired of football and the whole football business and put us up for sale again.

would you sell Samba and keep Jones or sell Jones and keep Samba? or sell both or keep both?

If you had to choose you would sell Samba and keep Jones.

But the trouble is there is live and large interest in Jones and that has to be addressed first.

For all of Samba's various agents - and efforts to find a buyer - there is no-one in for him just now.

Although anyone with half-a-fancy in him will obviously be watching the Jones thing develop and try to get clubs to move in now too.

Tin hat needed indeed. Kean's supporters won't like that post one bit.

Assuming Jones and Samba leave for a combined £20m - 30m it will be a huge test of Venky's stated ambitions for the club.

Will they reinvest the money in players or will the cash flow back to Pune and into the family coffers ?

Pencils sharpened and at the ready.

Nicko,

I hope this isn't taken out of context. I wonder why you earlier accused someone of having a dig at Kean. But then BPF's post about Kean not being well liked you ignore. I'm not sure where that leaves us. Have you also heard Kean is as unpopular like BPF said? A genuine question not intended to offend you or BPF. I'm just trying to get a picture of what is going on behind the scenes. Seems strange you would defend him against a relatively unoffensive post, but ignore one which makes a distinct accusation about Kean's popularity.

EDIT; - Just saw your reply

Also, on the basis of your post above, is it safe to say the latest £5m quota for our budget is close to the truth? In which case, it begs the question, why did Kean make noises about having substantial funds. Has somebody moved the goal posts?

As far as I know Kean is liked by the players - although you don't really HAVE to be liked to be a good manager.

I don't think Jones dislikes him. Kean put him into the side at centre half when he could...Big Sam stuck him in midfield as I recall.

There is a 'budget' based on £5 million extra being available every window, but more being spent if there was a need to bring forward any cash.

However the plan and the reality are two different things. If someone is sold then the figures obviously changed.

It's an improvement on the last couple of windows under the Trustees...but not exactly Man City.

However it is what it is. A small step forward.

I hope that Venkys get sick and tired of football and the whole football business and put us up for sale again.

I don't get that one...is it the fault of the owners that some [if not all] of the big boys want your player?

It's the way the game is.

It is funny that towards the end of the season people were wanting to protest about Venky's and Kean. But now Rovers are safe, the protest interest has gone silent. The time to protest is now, before any transfers are done etc. Rovers need a decent manager as well as good owners. Both which the club does not have.

As far as I know Kean is liked by the players - although you don't really HAVE to be liked to be a good manager.

I don't think Jones dislikes him. Kean put him into the side at centre half when he could...Big Sam stuck him in midfield as I recall.

There is a 'budget' based on £5 million extra being available every window, but more being spent if there was a need to bring forward any cash.

However the plan and the reality are two different things. If someone is sold then the figures obviously changed.

It's an improvement on the last couple of windows under the Trustees...but not exactly Man City.

I don't get that one...is it the fault of the owners that some [if not all] of the big boys want your player?

So you don't know what figure Kean was referring to 'recently', other than what was said in various press releases "quotes" during the course of the season gone.

No Nicko it is not the fault of the owners that other clubs want a Rovers player. My desire for Venkys to leave has nothing to do with players in or out. I am just thinking of the season just finished, Kean still the manager etc etc. I just do not have any confidence that Venkys are the right people for the club.

So you don't know what figure Kean was referring to 'recently', other than what was said in various press releases "quotes" during the course of the season gone.

The same figures...£5 million extra every window...but you could spend £10 million and NOT have any left in the next.

In his view that would have been enough to compete for the top half.

Obviously that was an irrelevant discussion if there is a further £15 million or so coming in.

No Nicko it is not the fault of the owners that other clubs want a Rovers player. My desire for Venkys to leave has nothing to do with players in or out. I am just thinking of the season just finished, Kean still the manager etc etc. I just do not have any confidence that Venkys are the right people for the club.

What you want and what you get rarely meet.

What you have compared to what you had - or might have had - is a more realistic comparison.

I think with Kean already having half bent over to let the big clubs come in for Jones we can expect he will be sold. I would also guess that with Tom Finn and John Williams gone we will struggle to get the best fee. Worrying before we even get round to thinking who and how we will get replacements.

Let's hope Kean is close to getting Hoillet's contract sorted out, he said that would be done ASAP two weeks ago...

• Backroom

I think jones will end up leaving this summer for less than we'd like but I also think it has nothing to do with the manager. No matter the manager here ambitious players will want to go if the big boys come calling.

Archived