BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Summer 2011 Transfer Window Part One

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What sort of winner is this guy ?

Not a particularly good player but does hit a good dead ball. Don't really need another as we already have the best in the league in Pedersen.

Kean has to decide where he is going to play Hoilett, before we sign Larsson if we do. no point signing him if we are going play Hoilett on the wing with Emerton has a back up.

I wonder play Hoilett up front with our new striker. give Hoilett a free role now

Not a particularly good player but does hit a good dead ball. Don't really need another as we already have the best in the league in Pedersen.

You have to be kidding, no one can be that misguided. Best in the league? He wasn't even the best in our team till bentley left.

If this is true, beginning to think Wenger has lost the plot at Arsenal and that its probably the time for him to go.

I would read the whole story in the morning before going off on one...

But the next few days are going to be very interesting all the same.

I would take a chance on Connor Wickham of Ipswich for our striker target. would cost about 10 million but you are buying the potential of the player.

from the independent that it is he is ' The pursuit of Wickham, who is seen by some scouts as the best traditional England centre-forward since Alan Shearer'

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/liverpool-make-1638m-bid-for-next-shearer-wickham-2292772.html

Good to see you back, Nicko. No doubt you'll receive all sorts of flak from the usual suspects for passing on "the wrong kind" of information, but hopefully you'll stick around this transfer window as well.

As for your Phil Jones article - is it true that we're actively trying to sell him?? It's how I interpret your article, at least :|

If this is true, beginning to think Wenger has lost the plot at Arsenal and that its probably the time for him to go.

Wenger probably thinks he can cut a deal. Let us have Samba/Jones and we'll drop our interest in Larsson.

You can have Larsson :lol:

I would take a chance on Connor Wickham of Ipswich for our striker target. would cost about 10 million but you are buying the potential of the player.

from the independent that it is he is ' The pursuit of Wickham, who is seen by some scouts as the best traditional England centre-forward since Alan Shearer'

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/liverpool-make-1638m-bid-for-next-shearer-wickham-2292772.html

Wickham is painfully slow chaddy, I watched him for the Under 21's at Preston and he was the worst player on show. In my opinion he'll never make it in the Prem and at 10 million (if true) is hideously overpriced.

Glad your back nicko,any news on incoming transfers ?.

I think the Phil Jones thing will dominate for the next few days.

Once that is settled a lot of pictures are going to become clearer.

It would be a shame if he left - too early in my view - but got to say it is starting to look that way.

The consolation is that there should be a decision on this very quickly.

I think the Phil Jones thing will dominate for the next few days.

Once that is settled a lot of pictures are going to become clearer.

It would be a shame if he left - too early in my view - but got to say it is starting to look that way.

The consolation is that there should be a decision on this very quickly.

What happened to the rule of three?. ;)

found this site quite interesting.

http://www.transferleague.co.uk/league-tables/2006-2011.html

If Venkys are true to there word and give £5million per window + whatever we make from sales, that on average would give us a season spend of 11.1million on players, putting us as the 6th highest net spenders in the league for player transfers. Also if we get the one marque signing on top maybe it is possable to get to top 8 on this budget. Venkys have also said that the 5million is minimum and they would spend whatever is needed, hopefully they are true to there word and we can really progress over the next couple of windows.

must admit im excited about the window this summer!

the fact that all the big clubs want Jones can only work in our favour , its diappointing to see your best players leave , but its a fact of life for clubs like ours , the most important thing now is to maximise the figure we get for him and turn it to good use , the downside is we have owners and a manager not skilled or experienced in this kind of thing its times like this we are going to miss John Williams etc

Archived