BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Summer 2011 Transfer Window Part One

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If the rumors of Raffa are true then the 5 million budget is rubbish.

The man would be suicidal with such a tiny transfer fund. He might be able to get a youth player in for that.

yea rafa wud asking for big budget he does'nt look at cheap buys to often

Well the owners did say funds would be made avilable for the right player's.I think they learned from the whole ronaldino situation.

There's no point broadcasting that u have 30 mil to spend when u want to buy a player for wat he's really worth.

Well thats what i hope

Wheres the ambition for the club in all of this if Samba leaves ?

Samba leaving now imy9 wether you like it or not, is a middle fingered salute to the current management team and owners of Blackburn Rovers football club.

Where was Man United's ambition when Ronaldo left or AC Milan's when Kaka left? EVERY player has a price- considering our top player has signed a 5 year deal I expect us to get top dollar for him, £15 million+, as has been stated previously Samba has wanted away since last summer, Kean and the current set up are in the same position that The Trust and Sam were in. I would be more interested to see what happens with the money that we receive, surely that would enable us to judge how ambitious our owners are?

Not only that it would go to highlight how much Samba DOES NOT rate Stephen Kean and his credibility to manage the club.

It would simply mean that Samba wants to play Champions League football before the end of his career.

Even if he did agree with the ambition of the owners, it would take use years to get to that level.

Samba is 27 so he would be foolish to not want to join a club of Arsenal's stature.

This has been on the cards for years now and his recent form has put him right at the front of the shop window.

Him leaving would have nothing to do with his opinion of Steve Kean; it is possible to rate a manager and still leave a club.

RVN to malaga

RVN is in Malaga to sign a one year deal with another year as an option.

Thank god for that! I didn't want him to come here. I would prefer a younger striker about 24 to 27 years old, proven scorer.

RVN wants his last big pay cheque before retiring.

Rovers linked with new right back

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11676_6962351,00.html

kean cud get the chop

i just heard on twitter kean might get the boot. The venky family has split on the decision. the woman wants kean to stay on but the 2 brothers want someone with more experince. i'm with the brothers.

Is not this old news? Which has also been denied by the owners.

Wheres the ambition in Samba if he chooses us over Arsenal?

Then that will be one small part to the whole of the club in going to show some positive ambitions for the coming season.

Not only that it would show other players and managers outside of the club the positives that Blackburn Rovers are trying to achieve for the coming season.

Which for us fans would be great, giving us some big confidence and belief for the Rovers team.

I'm pretty sure Samba wouldn't have signed a new contract if it wasn't with regards to a future move. We knew as things stood before he signed the contract that we would have to sell him if he wanted to go, so I imagine we have secured ourselves financially in organising some form of clause. Had those terms not been offered then we would happen have had to sell for less as he wouldn't have signed the contract, had no suitable clauses to match his current worth to the squad, and fewer years on his contract.

He's wanted to go for ages, we should let him go if the right offer comes in and he still wants to go. It's not about making a point and forcing people to stay. It's about looking to the future and realising that if we go around stopping players from moving after arranging contracts that opens up the possibility of mutual satisfaction in his departure (I don't know this for a fact, but I think this is likely what has happened), then we'll find it harder to make ourself attractive to anybody who might see us as a stepping stone, or youngsters coming through who take the interest of the bigger clubs. And before people say they don't want us to be a stepping stone, that's football.

I do hope he stays, but I hope he stays because he wants to succeed alongside the club. I personally don't think he does and that's his prerogative. I don't mind. He could play for a better team than Blackburn Rovers, and whilst it is a risk, he'll be an ambitious guy and now is the time to try it. He's done us proud, minus the odd outburst.

i just heard on twitter kean might get the boot. The venky family has split on the decision. the woman wants kean to stay on but the 2 brothers want someone with more experince. i'm with the brothers.

Keep up!

Is not this old news? Which has also been denied by the owners.

Yep was in the papers on sunday :rolleyes:

The fact is that if Wenger actually wants Samba and are willing to pay something resembling a reasonable price for him he's going to go there, and frankly who can blame him.

But as I understand it, Wenger for some unknown reason hasn't rated him in the past and has decided to go for other targets. As bad as Arsenal's defence has been this year and as much as the world and his dog has been screaming at Wenger that Samba is exactly the kind of player he needs, if he saw a flaw in the past he's just as likely to see a flaw in him now. There are other players out there and if Wenger still has his reservations I can't see Chris playing anywhere else but here next season.

Jal out of interest why do you always make a point of calling him Stephen Kean?

For the same reason as most of his recent posts...to undermine and belittle.

Nearly all his current posts should have 'agenda' stamped heavily across them.

I havent heard how Rochina is enjoying his stint at Rovers but my mate in Barcelona is telling me that some of the players in the B squad are more than half decent, looking at Rochina, he is almost there, he is a real talent and I expect him to come through next year, maybe we should have a look at one or two midfielders there, one things for sure, they will be able to pass a football or they wouldnt be there, with their work ethic too, I would be looking in that direction.

Correct me if I'm wrong yeti, but aren't about 90% of your posts comments on other posters?

That agenda is to maintain and improve Rovers current position simple as that and hopefully fill the ground and make Blackburn Rovers football a force not only England, but in Europe aswell.

:brfc: arte et labore

Winning football matches making Rovers a solid outfit is THE only goal yeti-dog. I hope you yeti-dog arent Cunningham.

I havent heard how Rochina is enjoying his stint at Rovers but my mate in Barcelona is telling me that some of the players in the B squad are more than half decent, looking at Rochina, he is almost there, he is a real talent and I expect him to come through next year, maybe we should have a look at one or two midfielders there, one things for sure, they will be able to pass a football or they wouldnt be there, with their work ethic too, I would be looking in that direction.

I agree....several very good prospects in Barca B's team

see we have been linked with a new right back, one question, is Salgado yet to sign a contract or have i missed something. i remember Allardyce and i think Kean saying they will speak with him about an extension but i cant remember if it went through. Personally, i want to see an british right back signed up, we have too many foreigners in the squad and i really want to see a more british theme in the squad, preferbly English. guys like Nathaniel Clyne, Chris Gunter, Kyle Naughton or Alan Hutton should really be snapped up, two of them are at spurs so im sure one or two of Hutton, Naughton, Walker or Corluka will be sold, we need to be snapping up one of them.

see we have been linked with a new right back, one question, is Salgado yet to sign a contract or have i missed something. i remember Allardyce and i think Kean saying they will speak with him about an extension but i cant remember if it went through. Personally, i want to see an british right back signed up, we have too many foreigners in the squad and i really want to see a more british theme in the squad, preferbly English. guys like Nathaniel Clyne, Chris Gunter, Kyle Naughton or Alan Hutton should really be snapped up, two of them are at spurs so im sure one or two of Hutton, Naughton, Walker or Corluka will be sold, we need to be snapping up one of them.

I honestly think we have two lads coming through who can do the job, Ramm and Henley, next year could see one of them push through!

I honestly think we have two lads coming through who can do the job, Ramm and Henley, next year could see one of them push through!

tochey, completly forgot about them, i'm usually the one always wanting to see youth getting pushed through, ive heard good things about the guy Ramm, met a guy at a uni interview who came from norwich and knew ramm , said he is a great player. hopefully we will see either Ramm or Henley in some pre season games and an odd cup game during the season.

Archived