BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Summer 2011 Transfer Window Part One

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Carew won’t fit for us, we seem to be going into a team who wants to play on the floor and with pace…giving opportunities to our midfield to show their creative side and be willing to have a go….Carew needs crosses galore into him to try and score with his head, it’s not the way our style appears to be going – he also gets his fair share of injuries.

Demba Ba is still the stand-out signing available for me…..followed by a firm enquiry for Daniel Sturridge.

Spot on.

I dont think Carew is any better than Roberts or Benjani at this stage.

Nor me, I would like to try getting Demba Ba instead of Roque. Or even Bellamy or Owen. But Demba Ba shows the most promise with age on his side.

If we're talking about Carew, or signing up Benjani, I'd much prefer to bring in DJ Campbell on the cheap as a second stringer. By no means by first or second choice but I'd prefer him over what we have.

Carew won’t fit for us, we seem to be going into a team who wants to play on the floor and with pace…giving opportunities to our midfield to show their creative side and be willing to have a go….Carew needs crosses galore into him to try and score with his head, it’s not the way our style appears to be going – he also gets his fair share of injuries.

Demba Ba is still the stand-out signing available for me…..followed by a firm enquiry for Daniel Sturridge.

Demba Ba is highly physical as well, I don't think playing the ball on the floor means we can't cross the ball for our forwards to score - why else would Kean be interested in RSC and Carew? Hoilett and Olsson especially cross the ball several times each game, so does Bert - we need someone to consistently get on the end of them.

Daniel Sturridge top target for me.

But you need a blend, if we go for pace and ball on the floor, we become too predictable, there has got to be an alternative which allows you to mix things, without that alternative, we would be very easy to play against.

Ba also failed a medical at Stuttgart as well as the highly publicised one at Stoke. From what I gather his knees really are in a bad condition and he is one bad tackle away from never being able to play again.

West Ham made the gamble because they were desperate.

People need to look at the clear and quite frankly obvious danger signs here when it comes to signing him, you don't fail two medicals at two different clubs for no reason.

Ba also failed a medical at Stuttgart as well as the highly publicised one at Stoke. From what I gather his knees really are in a bad condition and he is one bad tackle away from never being able to play again.

People need to look at the clear and quite frankly obvious danger signs here when it comes to signing him, you don't fail two medicals at two different clubs for no reason.

I agree.

You would have thought with the likes of Grella on the books along with a few of the other crocks we have we would be more cautious.

Pulis has gone on record stating what a risk he is, free or not its a huge risk in my book and one we should not be entertaining.

Still think Owen would be a good signing for us. Will not be able to play every game so other players can get a chance but he knows where the net is and is marquee. Plus would be great for some of the younger lads to watch in training etc to pick up some advice.

Demba Ba is too much of a risk. Randon from Malaga would be an excellent signing but he is probably destined for bigger things.

Disagree, Hughesy.

One of our strengths against Wolves was Robert's ability to hold up play and free-up space for the likes of Hoilett & Olsson. Someone like Carew would be perfect in that role, and give us another dimension when we go long. The real question is whether that someone is Carew himself.

Disagree, Hughesy.

One of our strengths against Wolves was Robert's ability to hold up play and free-up space for the likes of Hoilett & Olsson. Someone like Carew would be perfect in that role, and give us another dimension when we go long. The real question is whether that someone is Carew himself.

Heskey can hold the ball up and he is available ha ha! To be honest Carew isn't mobile enough anymore. These sort of players are not the answer.

Disagree, Hughesy.

Exactly right, the right kind of player but not Carew, we need something different to just change things, pace is brilliant, ball on the floor is brilliant but however good you may be, as Arsenal found out this season, it becomes difficult without options to change things.

STEP 1-------Its only May----relax!

STEP 2--------season hasn't started yet------relax!

STEP 3------Transfer window isn't closed yet----------relax!

STEP 4-------We've only played 4 games--------relax!

STEP 6--------Give the manager and the new players the chance to gell-------relax!

STEP 7---------I'm not making any judgement till Christmas!

STEP 8---------We're only 6 points from 8th FFS!

STEP 9---------We can't sack him now. Who would take over? It would disrupt the team at a vital time.

Step 10---------Sh**!!!!!!!

You've made up your mind and no matter what happens you'll panic and moan. At least have the decency to say that.

Might be a bit hard i'm sure berbatov has said in the past he always liked newcastle when younger as he was a huge shearer fan but you never know.

In that case just point out to him (oh and Shearer too) that Shearer earned his reputation and achieved his best whilst he was a Rovers player.

http://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/blackburn-open-juventus-talks-bonucci-1667101

Samba Replacement maybe

did Kamy say that rovers were interest in Gervinho, wonder if we are the club that he is going to sign for?

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_6960817,00.html

Has anybody ever seen either play and how good are they?

I dont know if any of our neighbourly wanderers fans are visitng close season but been over in bolton this past weekend and apparently the total losses for the club for this season are around £13m taking the overlal debt towards the £90m mark.

Rmnours were rife that Cahill is leaving for a London club with City trying to hijack it. It maybe the Samba link is a smokescreen.

But you need a blend, if we go for pace and ball on the floor, we become too predictable, there has got to be an alternative which allows you to mix things, without that alternative, we would be very easy to play against.

Demba ba is a big unit, he is physical, fast, good in the air, and knows where the goal is...whats predictable about that?

Id rather OUR medical team decided - not Stoke's. He did fine at West Ham, no good talking about IF's, Buts & Maybes....get him in and get him tested fully by our top team.

Demba Ba is too much of a risk. Randon from Malaga would be an excellent signing but he is probably destined for bigger things.

Demba ba is a risk? Yet you mention a player who has never scored in the prem?? :wacko:

I dont know if any of our neighbourly wanderers fans are visitng close season but been over in bolton this past weekend and apparently the total losses for the club for this season are around £13m taking the overlal debt towards the £90m mark.

Rmnours were rife that Cahill is leaving for a London club with City trying to hijack it. It maybe the Samba link is a smokescreen.

MUST be more than that - they were already £92m in debt, so if its another £13m then id expect it to have topped £100m now

Still think Owen would be a good signing for us. Will not be able to play every game so other players can get a chance but he knows where the net is and is marquee. Plus would be great for some of the younger lads to watch in training etc to pick up some advice.

OK, just tell me what formation we'd be playing to accomodate Owen ?

.Demba ba is a risk? Yet you mention a player who has never scored in the prem?? :wacko:

I meant injury wise. In a goal scoring sense, yes Randon would be a risk. But have you seen him play? He is a big unit, quick, good first touch, only early twenties and scored 14 goals in a struggling Malaga team this term. IMO he would be a good signing.

Owen would fit in to the formation we play now. Hoilet floating in the hole, Owen on the shoulder.

Archived