BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Summer 2011 Transfer Window Part One

I havent heard how Rochina is enjoying his stint at Rovers but my mate in Barcelona is telling me that some of the players in the B squad are more than half decent, looking at Rochina, he is almost there, he is a real talent and I expect him to come through next year, maybe we should have a look at one or two midfielders there, one things for sure, they will be able to pass a football or they wouldnt be there, with their work ethic too, I would be looking in that direction.

Spot on. They are player who have learnt to play the right way at the best place in the world to do it. Its a link i'd love to see us exploit.

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Evening all, not been on here for quite some time but thought I'd just chip in with my two'penneth. I was reading earlier that we are going to or have put a bid in for Valencia winger Rodriguez who we were interested in in January. As I recall a lot of people were quite excited about him. Sorry can't find the link to the report but I'll keep looking.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Transfer-news-Blackburn-go-for-Valencia-winger-Vicente-article741656.html

My mistake he is out of contract after 11 years at Valencia with 38 Spanish caps under his belt and would be available on a free.

• Backroom

Ramm for right back, not Hanley!

And yes Salgado signed a 12 month extension

Henley and Hanley aren't the same player mate

All i read is negativity, negativity, negativity and to be quite honest i'm sick of it! Would it not be easier to actually get behind the team and support them? There are a number of supporters on this message board that seem to like making Venky's look like idiots! Ok, some of their decisions have been baffling at times, but to say they didn't know what they were getting into before they bought the club is stupid. You would not spend £23 million on a football club if you knew nothing about it! You may aswell just transfer that £23 million into my bank account.They would not waste that kind of money. I believe we will have a good summer, and i guarantee we will not be in the same position we were in last season, with the likes of; Jones,Ollson,Hoillet,Rochina all pushing on last season, we will have a very youthful looking side, add abit of experience in the transfer window, and i actually believe we could get top 8.

I log on here everyday, and i just read the same bullshit constantly about how Venkys are only giving us 5 million and how they are going to destroy us. Blackburn Rovers gets destroyed so does the brand name Venkys. People need to start using their head. Lets wait till the end of summer and see what Venkys have done before we start judging.

Up the Rovers!!!! :)

Are you vinjay in disguise ? :)

• Backroom

Ah sorry didnt read it and notice it was Henley, not Hanley....I know they aint the same player too.

Ramm is the better right back of all 3 though :P

To be honest I'd never heard of Henley until a couple of weeks ago and I'd always read it as a typo seeing as half of our players names are spelt wrong so often. Saldago was my favourite.

To be honest I'd never heard of Henley until a couple of weeks ago and I'd always read it as a typo seeing as half of our players names are spelt wrong so often. Saldago was my favourite.

Adam Henley is a left full back who kept Ramm out of the reserve team at right back in the two recent cup finals, he is quick, can tackle and get forward well, I think we will see more of this lad sooner rather than later if he develops as well as the club feel he will!!

If we can't get J. Jones from Schalke, what about Jack Cork? I know he's been loaned to Burnley, but he looks decent.

And for young strikers, I'd go for Welbeck and Wickham. They'd probably cost a small fortune, but they would be cheaper than most quality strikers, would be more productive than RSC, can develop further and will likely have "resale" value.

If we can't get J. Jones from Schalke, what about Jack Cork? I know he's been loaned to Burnley, but he looks decent.

And for young strikers, I'd go for Welbeck and Wickham. They'd probably cost a small fortune, but they would be cheaper than most quality strikers, would be more productive than RSC, can develop further and will likely have "resale" value.

Jack Cork is a good player and one which we should be tracking, I understand Sunderland are now in for Jermaine Jones as well.

YES! i've said before we should be looking at him , my Dingle mates really rate him , and if he plays well at U21's this summer more clubs will come in for him i'm not sure what his contract situation is like at chelsea

YES! i've said before we should be looking at him , my Dingle mates really rate him , and if he plays well at U21's this summer more clubs will come in for him i'm not sure what his contract situation is like at chelsea

Definitely one that will improve in the future. These are the kind of players we should be going for IMO (Young, English and talented) if you can get them for the right money. Chelsea wanting around £750k apparently - Given our midfield that is a no brainer.

Pratley denies he's set to join Bolton on a free transfer.

I didn't realise he was available for free. He would be a brilliant signing on a free transfer to add depth to our central midfield. He's a physical midfielder with a very good engine, very consistent with good technique and chips in with his fair share of goals.

Not a glamorous name but he would definitely be an improvement on almost everything we have in midfield. In fact, with Jones no longer our player, I'd say he'd be in the starting eleven at present.

Pratley denies he's set to join Bolton on a free transfer.

I didn't realise he was available for free. He would be a brilliant signing on a free transfer to add depth to our central midfield. He's a physical midfielder with a very good engine, very consistent with good technique and chips in with his fair share of goals.

Not a glamorous name but he would definitely be an improvement on almost everything we have in midfield. In fact, with Jones no longer our player, I'd say he'd be in the starting eleven at present.

I've mentioned him before. If he's available on a free we should snap him up.

A few players I'd like us to sign (continuing the young with potential theme)

Nathaniel Clyne, the LB from Palace.

Kyle Walker, RB from Spurs (probably on loan).

Victor Vasquez, CM from Barcelona.

Edit : Just realised Vasquez has joined Club Brugge!

This is very interesting from Samba. He's saying------I'm going on holiday now, I'll watch and see who we sign and that'll help determine whether I stay or not.

So I say---c'mn Kean and Venkys, show us what you're made of! Some decent money and some quality signings and we could have a great season. Its possible---- :tu:just do it!

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/blackburnrovers/news/9062349.Blackburn_Rovers_yet_to_receive_a_bid_for_Samba/?ref=rss

Archived