BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Summer 2011 Transfer Window Part One

I meant injury wise. In a goal scoring sense, yes Randon would be a risk. But have you seen him play? He is a big unit, quick, good first touch, only early twenties and scored 14 goals in a struggling Malaga team this term. IMO he would be a good signing.

Actually, a good scout looks for players doing well in a struggling team, its easy to play in good sides, well much easier, to do well in poor sides shows the desire, attitude and commitment which sets you above the rest!!

Suppose that endorses Hughsys call for Ba :lol:

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Perhaps Ba is a risk....but for a FREE.....IF our medical staff say he's fit then we should look at him, especially given the his scoring record in the premier league since he came in, and also his age. He only has to come in and have 1 or 2 good seasons and all of a sudden we have a better team, and another asset on our hands.

Perhaps Ba is a risk....but for a FREE.....IF our medical staff say he's fit then we should look at him, especially given the his scoring record in the premier league since he came in, and also his age. He only has to come in and have 1 or 2 good seasons and all of a sudden we have a better team, and another asset on our hands.

Fair point. Is it confirmed he is a free agent though? Thought he signed a three year contract in Jan?

• Moderation Lead

Fair point. Is it confirmed he is a free agent though? Thought he signed a three year contract in Jan?

Think there may have been a relegation release clause. (at least I assume so!)

I'd be happy for us to take a punt on Nigel Reo-Coker and possibly Carew, as they're both on frees!

Eidur Gudjohnsen on a free also, though I don't think he's what we need- plus I think Fulham have him effectively signed up!

I meant injury wise. In a goal scoring sense, yes Randon would be a risk. But have you seen him play? He is a big unit, quick, good first touch, only early twenties and scored 14 goals in a struggling Malaga team this term. IMO he would be a good signing.

Owen would fit in to the formation we play now. Hoilet floating in the hole, Owen on the shoulder.

Owen on who's shoulder ?

Samba's.

Nice one! :D

You've made up your mind and no matter what happens you'll panic and moan. At least have the decency to say that.

What? Disagree with you and I lack decency? What sort of fascism is this?

PS---what I wrote was supposed to be funny but it obviously touched a few nerves!

I haven't made my mind up about Venkys exactly, they're still a work in progress after all! But based on what they've done so far why wouldn't a Rovers fan be worried?

Anyone think Nicklas Bendtner would be a good signing?

Good in the air, pretty quick, young, can play good football, has scored in Premier League.

He looks like the kind of player where a first team spot could turn him from being a good prospect into a very good player.

Good in the air, pretty quick, young, can play good football, has scored in Premier League.

He looks like the kind of player where a first team spot could turn him from being a good prospect into a very good player.

Yes he'd be a great signing.

would fit in here pretty well I think.

I agree. Make him the main man and I think he'll be excellent for us and compliment Hoilett. I think he's looked more clinical recently. He'd be a good shout, but glad someone else mentioned him first, I hate looking stupid.

Think Shane Long would be a great signing,he works hard,scores goals and has the right attitude but i think many clubs will be chasing him.heard a rumour Gervinho could be signing for Newcastle.we need full backs,probably a centre back or two and one decent striker and one top class striker,were we not linked to Mirko Vucinic as a possible marquee signing,what a player he is.reckon Jermaine Jones will sign

I really cant see us spending 10 million on a striker...think we may be looking at around the 5 million mark!

The owners cant risk another brutal season,i think they will spend big in the summer or atleast spend a lot on wages,very difficult to buy quality for 5 million these days

The Arsenal option for Samba may be ending....from good sources I hear they are trying to sign Mamadou Sakho and are serious - so unless they plan on signing 2 defenders, that would be the Arsenal door shut for Samba.

Not too sure if anyone else out there will show us the money for him

The Arsenal option for Samba may be ending....from good sources I hear they are trying to sign Mamadou Sakho and are serious - so unless they plan on signing 2 defenders, that would be the Arsenal door shut for Samba.

Good stuff, I hope he stays. Samba and Jones where pretty dominating in there at the end of the season. Sounds like we told them to stick their 8m you know where.

;)

FreddieBoswell7 Christian Larrson. Arsenal pushing hard for Sakho i'm told. 1 hour ago Favorite Retweet Reply

http://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/blackburn-open-juventus-talks-bonucci-1667101

Samba Replacement maybe

did Kamy say that rovers were interest in Gervinho, wonder if we are the club that he is going to sign for?

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_6960817,00.html

Has anybody ever seen either play and how good are they?

Gervinho is very good, although he isn't a natural goalscorer. There is no chance of us signing him though. Bigger clubs are interested and he also has the option of just staying at Lille and playing Champions League football. Many of their young players want to hang around to play in their new stadium.

If Hughes goes to Villa, expect a bid!!

If Hughes goes to Villa, expect a bid!!

I disagree, they have a sturdy enoigh back line and he will have to replace more of the forward line than worry about bidding for another defender.

Stevie Warnock might be quite happy if this managerial change occurs though.

Archived