BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Summer 2011 Transfer Window Part One

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Surely we would be big favourites to get JJ if he leaves Schalke...

But then we have a bidding war!!

Any sources?, can't see anything about it on the net.

From a Sunderland fan, dont know where he got his info but he told me yesterday Bruce was looking at Jones

This is very interesting from Samba. He's saying------I'm going on holiday now, I'll watch and see who we sign and that'll help determine whether I stay or not.

So I say---c'mn Kean and Venkys, show us what you're made of! Some decent money and some quality signings and we could have a great season. Its possible---- :tu:just do it!

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/blackburnrovers/news/9062349.Blackburn_Rovers_yet_to_receive_a_bid_for_Samba/?ref=rss

Great, if not too subtle call for the owners to put their hands in their pockets. Samba's going to be a good manager someday.

This is very interesting from Samba. He's saying------I'm going on holiday now, I'll watch and see who we sign and that'll help determine whether I stay or not.

So I say---c'mn Kean and Venkys, show us what you're made of! Some decent money and some quality signings and we could have a great season. Its possible---- :tu:just do it!

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/blackburnrovers/news/9062349.Blackburn_Rovers_yet_to_receive_a_bid_for_Samba/?ref=rss

So now its upto Kean and the club to deliver some quality players to add to ones we already have.

Can Kean and Venky's deliver ?

Ryan Nelsen should really be the first one out of the door of the clubs current first team centre halfs.

Ryan Nelsen should really be the first one out of the door of the clubs current first team centre halfs.

First team centre half probably not but why should he be shown the door? Nelsen has been a marvelous servant for the club who has always shown passion for Rovers on and off the field. He should be kept at the club, as long as he can appreciate he will have to slide down the pecking order.

First team centre half probably not but why should he be shown the door? Nelsen has been a marvelous servant for the club who has always shown passion for Rovers on and off the field. He should be kept at the club, as long as he can appreciate he will have to slide down the pecking order.

Was meaning Nelsen should be shown the door before Phil Jones, Samba, Givet or Hanley are sold regardless of any sums being offered.

all this talk, of it only being June, and no rush etc is rubbish. imo, our transfer business should be done early, and get the new players settled in early. get them in, give them 2 or 3 months before the season starts, and at least know where and on what our money has gone into. we seem to live off these last minute deals, only to find out they are not ready to start immediately.

Totally agree Iceman, also getting the business done early means that you have more chance of getting your preffered targets before other clubs swoop in (obviously) but also gives you more time to find alternatives should you fail for your first choice (again obvious)

The only danger is that you spluff all your budget early on and then a better player becomes available later in the window.

Regarding signings, I still see problems with Kean being our manager, He Is a complete no-body, Hardly any Rovers fans had even heard of him before Sam got the boot.

I think this will be a major issue when we are competing with other clubs over signing players.

Regarding signings, I still see problems with Kean being our manager, He Is a complete no-body, Hardly any Rovers fans had even heard of him before Sam got the boot.

I think this will be a major issue when we are competing with other clubs over signing players.

We did manage to sign Santa Cruz, Jermaine Jones and pluck Formica from under the noses of Monaco, so it's obviously not too stifling.

He certainly doesn't bring anything to the table in terms of making us an attractive proposition though. In the past, the likes of Bellamy and Savage came because Hughes was here, so it can make a difference.

To be honest, do you think players on the continent know who Tony Pulis or Alan Pardew are?

Just seen this nonsense about Junior:

My link

I'm sure there's nothing in this beyond them being aware he's not signed a new contract yet. Why anyone would want to leave Rovers for Newcastle is beyond me. The comments below the story from the Geordie fans are even more amusing.

My link

I'm sure there's nothing in this beyond them being aware he's not signed a new contract yet. Why anyone would want to leave Rovers for Newcastle is beyond me. The comments below the story from the Geordie fans are even more amusing.

Your about a week behind....it was on here then!

My link

I read this a couple of days ago. Its rubbish I think.

It is funny reading the comments from some very narrow minded Toon fans who clearly don't watch any other football than there own team. The only sensible post on there and someone else ridicules it, brilliant!

Archived