BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Summer 2011 Transfer Window Part One

Spurs wanted rid of Defoe in the summer, would anybody take Defoe in a cash plus player deal for either Samba or Phil Jones? I also wonder mind Bassong aswell from Spurs plus cash. Then that way you have got the replacement already in place and can add players to other position

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Sunderland-transfer-news-Tottenham-Hotspur-striker-Peter-Crouch-will-cost-Steve-Bruce-10million-article744411.html

Man U, Man City, Liverpool, Aresnal, Spurs want Phil Jones

Aresnal and Spurs want Samba.

The clubs will want to move for Jones before the under 21 euro champs because the price will go up if he has a good performances there.

If both went then I would move for James Collins of Villa and Bassong of Spurs. Both very good PL players

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Phil Jones is key to how Rovers fans will view the Venky's over the summer. I will concede that a ridiculous fee - £25m + add ons would be difficult to reject - but unless Phil is making noises he wants to go it is essential we hold onto him. It isnt just about his ability - but the statement of intent if we manage to hold onto the best young English centre half currently playing in the Premiership.

Phil Jones is key to how Rovers fans will view the Venky's over the summer. I will concede that a ridiculous fee - £25m + add ons would be difficult to reject - but unless Phil is making noises he wants to go it is essential we hold onto him. It isnt just about his ability - but the statement of intent if we manage to hold onto the best young English centre half currently playing in the Premiership.

I agree with this. I don't think Phil Jones will come on and say I want to leave rovers. Don't think he that type of person, and plus he is a rovers fans.

I would rather lose either player because I think with them 2 at the back we could have a excellent season next season.

The owners and Kean have big decisions to make over Samba and Jones in the next couple of weeks

Sorry if its already been mentioned but do we know if Phil Jones is definitely a Rovers fan?

If so it's definitely too early for him to leave.

Does anyone think his value will get to £25m+ if he stays?

Phil Jones is a rovers fan.

Here the Telegraph article on him and he says he a rovers fan

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/blackburn-rovers/8164004/Phil-Jones-taking-it-all-in-his-stride-at-Blackburn-Rovers.html

here is a LT article on PJ and it's say he was a boyhood fan of the club

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/archive/2010/09/25/Football+-+Rovers+news/8413370.Blackburn_Rovers___Superman__Jones_has_a_year_to_savour/

hope this answer your question about is PJ a rovers fan

WHATEVER happens - we CANNOT sell both in the same window.

Samba £15m+, Jones £20m+ & add-ons before id even consider looking at the offers

I think realistically £20m+ for an 18 year old is a big opportunity for our club, one which we should really consider our position on. If its City then we might want to nick a couple of players as part of the deal.

I think realistically £20m+ for an 18 year old is a big opportunity for our club, one which we should really consider our position on. If its City then we might want to nick a couple of players as part of the deal.

If City are interested then we should be adding an extra £10 million on to the starting price.

Be very careful with your suggestions Hughesy - Venkys will probably offer Jones + a couple of million in exchange for Roque :blink:

Don't really want to lose Jones or Samba but every player has his price.As long as Venkys are true to their word with the 5m per window and all transfer funds being reinvested.

Jones bidding should start at 20m

Samba bidding should start at 15m

Potentially a 40m transfer pot

Don't really want to lose Jones or Samba but every player has his price.As long as Venkys are true to their word with the 5m per window and all transfer funds being reinvested.

Dream on!

To me, It just doesn't make any sense to sell Phil Jones. He's only 19, a Rovers fan, and unless he really wants a move I think he could be persuaded to wait a couple of years. Financially, form the club's point of view, it makes sense to hold on to him. Most people, if not all, agree he is going to get better and better, therefore his value should be higher in the future. There is a small risk that injury or loss of form might happen but if the club don't need the money, as appears to be the case, then it is a risk worth taking.

Samba, on the other hand, is 27, and therefore might be keen on a move to a bigger club. That is fair enough I think, if he wants to go and we can get a reasonable price, then given his service we shouldn't stand in his way.

Bottom line for me is that we are unlikely to be able to get the same quality in even with a huge amount of the cash, plus any new players are a gamble and require time to bed in, and frankly the balance of the side as it stands looks excellent and it would be a terrible shame to upset it.

All we need for a very good team is to hold onto what we have, sign J Jones and add top class strikers. That should be the absolute priority. If we can show the right striker targets to P Jones I am sure he will stay - he is at the start of his career and a fan, and therefore has plenty of time to develop his career and move later. Samba might be harder to convince, but he has signed a new deal and must be curious about what can be achieved with our excellent young players.

Realistically, we'll probably lose either Samba or Jones. Provided we get to spend all the cash we get wisely, I would sell Samba and build the defence around Jones. Even without replacing Samba, Nelsen or Givet can partner Jones. Give Jones a couple more years to develop and he could become the most expensive English centreback even. If Samba goes for circa 10 to 12m(as an afternote, I'm sure we could get 15m to 20m if we had John Williams still around but now I'm not so optimistic), it should give us enough to fund a high potential, youngish right back, a midfield monster and a fairly reliable striker. If Larsson signs, then Emo can take the right back slot and the funds can go on two midfielders and the striker. Hopefully the money doesn't disappear. I'm not a Venky's fan, but let's not judge them until the transfer window is over.

Not what I wanted to wake up to read BUT I see little suggestions that the club feel they have a better chance to retain Samba than Jones. That may well be true had Samba not come out with a number of interviews during the last window and this one suggesting otherwise.

I'd be gutted to lose either, especially Jones, but if we lose both of them, its disaster.

Your figures for the plyers would be more accurate if they were players of a 'big' club. Halving those valuations would be a more accurate guess-I just hope Venkys hold out for as much as possible should people come sniffin around.

Samba can go for me - he has wanted away for long enough now.

Jones really must stay, at least for next season.

Alarm bells were ringing when Kean told Jonsey to resist the lure of the big boys a couple of days ago. I think with Samba reverting back to his regular transfer window persona, we risk losing a whole lot here. If Jones goes it'll give Samba all the ammunition he needs to dig his heels in and demand a move. Even more of a concern is how this will effect the Hoilett situation. Very worrying. If losing Jones meant we lost Hoilett then suddenly our youthful squad looks a little less, well, youthful. It scares the life out of me to think of our side without Jones and Hoilett.

The only advantage of Jones having so many suitors is the potential bidding war which it may create. I'd also look very carefully at involving some player exchanges into any deal if it must be done. No point having the funds to spend from the deal if prices are hiked up. However, Venky's have made some large scale cock-ups over the last few months. They are clearly desperate to get the fans back on side with these free meal vouchers etc.. But this is their big chance to win back favour. Show us you mean business and flex a bit of financial muscle here. Jones was an absolute man mountain during our run in. You could see his presence lifted the side when we needed it most. I'd absolutely loathe to lose him. Samba can rot for all i care. He was excellent for us this season, but his comments in January burnt too many bridges. Get a fair price and get him out the door. But i pray we can keep hold of Jones. If he left it would magnify the loss of Samba and the knock on effects could snowball.

In the people article by Nicko it's say Rovers are more likely to sell Jones. Also says Jones will have talks with rovers chief Steve Ken in the next 24 hours to discuss his future. And if Jones says he would like to join a top team now, rather than wait as Kean would prefer, then the Blackburn owners will sell to the highest bidder.

In the people article by Nicko it's say Rovers are more likely to sell Jones. Also says Jones will have talks with rovers chief Steve Ken in the next 24 hours to discuss his future. And if Jones says he would like to join a top team now, rather than wait as Kean would prefer, then the Blackburn owners will sell to the highest bidder.

Terrific. Breathe it in folks. This is how it feels to be a non selling club.

We cannot sell jones. I'd be willing to let samba go as he has been talking of leaving for a while now. This will test Kean as a manager, he has to explain to jones why he must remain at our club.

Nice to see the hysterical reactions on here are still going strong.

Phil Jones is potentially a worldie, the kind of player who comes through an academy once in a generation. I'll be gutted to lose him but let's face it, it's been on the cards for a year now. You can say we should hold on to him or demand £30m but that's just not going to happen.

The only way we could keep Jones is if we spent City money becoming a top four outfit. The lad deserves to win medals and captain England, he won't get that with us no matter how much Venkys put in. £15-20m for Jones seems achievable and gives us a lot of cash to reinforce the team in the positions that need it. Needless to say, we CANNOT sell Jones AND Samba this summer, that'd be suicidal.

Rovers linked with Stephen Warnock in the news of the world.

Oh no ! can it get any worse.

Fingers crossed the majority of the stuff in the papers today fails to materialise and we move on to greater things.

Archived