BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Keith Andrews => ?

Pete1981

• Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why would he be? He left Fulham with a year on his contract - I am sure Forest would have had to match the money he was getting at Craven Cottage. I am certain Greening will be on more money than Andrews.

Im not going to keep going over this. Forest DO NOT pay wages over 10k unless in exceptional circumstances (Like Earnshaw who was on 14k a week). He only got that because Forest were up sh*t creek as they didnt have a striker.

Andrews came from a cash rich MK Dons with a pay raise, and was given a subsequent pay rise a season later. I assume he would be on around the 10-15k mark. He was never going to get that at Forest, he was about 5 names down on the list of midfielders SM wanted to bring in. Also, he isnt a patch on Cohen or Moussi, who both play the holding midfielder role and box to box role far better than him.

Why? He will be on relatively low wages for a premier league player (although no doubt on too much) and he can actually do a reasonable job as a squad player. He should never start for us, but if he has to come on for 20-30 minutes in a game he usually does a decent job of keeping things relatively tight.

Unfortunately for Keef when parts of the crowd from four parts of the ground are booing him. This isnt good for the team, the club, or the fans image. If a player can or is seen as divisive to the club despite however good a personality this player is then you have to do everything to move that player on surely regardless of his value or salary.

Don't think for one minute that hes the worst player we've ever seen, definitely not. Its just the supporters negative reaction to the player that you simply cant ignore and allow to fester for too long.

Even when we were in the third division. C'mon.

Even Pat Hilton gave us something, for me he doesnt give us much at all, would he have replaced Metcalfe, Parkes, Garbutt etc?

Little John Price, Barry Endean and Don Martin, Tony Field, Dave Bradford, Andy Burgin, Graham Hawkins, Roger Jones Kevin Hird etc!!

And Duncan McKenzie, all played in the third division!

I'm struggling to think of another rovers midfielder that has never offered anything.

The name Dino Baggio sprang to mind, but I don't think he played enough times to qualify in this contest?

I can't remember him doing anything, although his reading of the game/positional sense might have been quite good, though?

Ronnie hildersley or Tony Finnigan were equally as bad if not worse than keef

Finnigan (if I'm thinking of the same chap) was a great dribbler on the ball, just never forward. He used to slalom past several players on regular occasions in order to make a basic pass back to the goalie, or singlehandedly switch play by dribbling along the half way line (and sometime back again)

You can't buy these sort of memories.

Ronnie wasn't actually a bad player was he, for a hobbit?

Tony Finnegan's screamer lets him off.

Ronnie scored quite a few goals for us including at least 3 headers which was pretty amazing considering he was 5ft 3ins. He headed the winner at Welling in the FA Cup didn't he?

Even Pat Hilton gave us something, for me he doesnt give us much at all, would he have replaced Metcalfe, Parkes, Garbutt etc?

Little John Price, Barry Endean and Don Martin, Tony Field, Dave Bradford, Andy Burgin, Graham Hawkins, Roger Jones Kevin Hird etc!!

And Duncan McKenzie, all played in the third division!

How many of these made it in the top league or international football. These are ones you could name, what about the John O'Maras and numerous others who failed to make any impact, even at a lower level.

I remember watching utter rubbish at Ewood in the 70's with the odd good year.

Oh yes Bruno Berner!

Tony Finnegan's screamer lets him off.

Ronnie scored quite a few goals for us including at least 3 headers which was pretty amazing considering he was 5ft 3ins. He headed the winner at Welling in the FA Cup didn't he?

The might of Welling.

He was crap. Finnegan, worse.

How many of these made it in the top league or international football. These are ones you could name, what about the John O'Maras and numerous others who failed to make any impact, even at a lower level.

Oh yes Bruno Berner!

John O'Mara was badly managed at Rovers, came from Br4entford after scoring 40 goals in a season, six foot 20 or something, stick him in the box, he would score but we tried to make him a footballer, saw his debut v Charlton, got two goals, just put him in the box, cross the ball and laugh at defenders trying to stop him, problem was we had him trying to hold a ball up, saw him wide on the right, that wasnt his job, put him in the box and he would score! Not a good player by any standards but if you sign a player like O'Mara, you play to his strengths, you dont get him to adjust his game.

Worst player you've ever seen?

I'm guessing you haven't been watching the Rovers very long then...

I've been watching for 30 years... Still worst player I've ever seen.

John O'Mara was badly managed at Rovers, came from Br4entford after scoring 40 goals in a season, six foot 20 or something, stick him in the box, he would score but we tried to make him a footballer, saw his debut v Charlton, got two goals, just put him in the box, cross the ball and laugh at defenders trying to stop him, problem was we had him trying to hols a ball up, saw him wide on the right, that wasnt his job, put him in the box and he would score! Not a good player by any standards but if you sign a player like O'Mara, you play to his strengths, you dont get him to adjust his game.

He was the only player I ever saw who jumped downwards. Couldn't run, couldn't pass and as soon as a defender muscled him he sulked and gave up. Should never have left the 4th Division.

Blackman is pushing Andrews for the worst player accolade. Still Jason Roberts to me is one of the worst. Can't stand him. Andrews puts in the effort but doesn't have the ability. He shouldnt be here but as a squad player and as a last resort in CM he'd do. Roberts is as equally useless as a striker yet he appears to get genuinely outraged when he's not picked. That is what annoys me.

He was the only player I ever saw who jumped downwards. Couldn't run, couldn't pass and as soon as a defender muscled him he sulked and gave up. Should never have left the 4th Division.

For a moment I thought you were describing Andrews!!

Oh yes Bruno Berner!

The might of Welling.

He was crap. Finnegan, worse.

They all offered something - that's the discussion. O'Mara, for instance could win a ball in the air. Didn't do much with it granted, but he had height and could at least head the ball on and make defenders turn towards their own goal. - but apart from that, we're talking about midfielders. I don't remember any other midfielder who had nothing at all to their game.

Keith does nothing.

They all offered something - that's the discussion. O'Mara, for instance could win a ball in the air. Didn't do much with it granted, but he had height and could at least head the ball on and make defenders turn towards their own goal. - but apart from that, we're talking about midfielders. I don't remember any other midfielder who had nothing at all to their game.

Keith does nothing.

Hildersley offered nothing at all he was awful

Compared to some of the awful players at rovers in the 70s and 80s keef is not that bad

Keith does nothing.

Roger Jones, Barry Endean, Don Martin, Graham Hawkins, Andy Burgin, Tony Field weren't midfielders.

Hildersley offered nothing at all he was awful

Compared to some of the awful players at rovers in the 70s and 80s keef is not that bad

Hmmm.

I haven't said that we haven't had really poor midfielders at Ewood. What I am saying is that Keith has "nothing" to his game. What are his technical qualities?

It also speaks volumes that we're having to go back as far as Ronnie Hildersley in the lower leagues, to find someone equally as bad as Andrews.

Roger Jones, Barry Endean, Don Martin, Graham Hawkins, Andy Burgin, Tony Field weren't midfielders.

Ok, in the main our midfield in the third division was Kendal, Metcalfe, Parkes, Bradford and Garbutt, each one a few classes above Andrews, sometimes Mckenzie played there as also, missed another good one in Graham Oates!

Archived