SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Keith Andrews => ?

Pete1981

• Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just read on a transfer rumour site Pompey offer 1 million pound for Andrews

That's actually a derisory offer. Say what you will about Andrews, he's a PL & international midfielder. I'd value him at £2.5m.

You're tellin' me Andrews is worth LESS than we paid for him? As much as we slate the guy, that doesn't add up.

Yes, like all the rest of the players we've spent money on and got less back when theyve left. Grabbi, Davies to name two. It happens, so not sure why it doesn't add up.

He is also older and not going to get any better.

31 years old, no re-sell value.

I was say 750k would do me, wouldn't value him more the 1.5 max

We bought him for 1M from a League Two side, and he's now had plenty of games in the Premier League, scored goals in the Premier League from midfield and has been capped by Ireland where he's put in some excellent performances. He's definitely worth at least what we paid for him. Even though he's 31, he's been reasonably fit, so he could easily play in the Championship for at least another 2-3 years.

We bought him for 1M from a League Two side, and he's now had plenty of games in the Premier League, scored goals in the Premier League from midfield and has been capped by Ireland where he's put in some excellent performances. He's definitely worth at least what we paid for him. Even though he's 31, he's been reasonably fit, so he could easily play in the Championship for at least another 2-3 years.

Very, very few Championship clubs can afford to buy players that don't have the potential for resale value. It's not like you can use the (flawed) logic of league placing money in that division. There is the holy grail of PL, but it's incredibly risky to rely on getting there to pay for ageing players.

West Ham are probably one team that can afford to and will be a few central midfielders short by the end of the window. Come on Sam, help us out.

Now that the Rovers boo boys will target Myles Anderson, I am sure he's looking forward to the season :D

I like Andrews, great person, not a bad player, although not what we would want as a first choice player in our midfield, but he gets a lot of stick purely because he was signed by Ince and because Rovers have never gone out and bought anyone to become that 'first choice' we're all after.

We need to remember that he has been played frequently under every Rovers manager and has also been regularly playing for Rep of Ireland under the legendary manager Trapattoni. So he must be doing something right to convince managers to play him. Also the boo boys blame Ince for bringing him here but it was Big Sam who gave him a new 4 year contract with the club.

This season could end up being a struggle for the team, so we need to stick together as one and get behind everyone in the team. Whether you like him or not, we all love Blackburn Rovers and want the best for the club, so let's praise him when he does right and encourage him when he does wrong.

Very, very few Championship clubs can afford to buy players that don't have the potential for resale value. It's not like you can use the (flawed) logic of league placing money in that division. There is the holy grail of PL, but it's incredibly risky to rely on getting there to pay for ageing players.

West Ham are probably one team that can afford to and will be a few central midfielders short by the end of the window. Come on Sam, help us out.

And where did you get that gem of information from? Because its not really true is it?

Experienced premiership players coming to the end of the their careers or snapping up youngsters from the lower leagues is how business is usually conducted in the championship.

By the way, there was never any legs in the Andrews rumours. When he got his pay rise, it took him well over the top of Forest's wage cap. I doubt the transfer board at Forest would of sanctioned the move, considering Greening has signed, who has played at the level and premiership level and came for less than a million.

Now that the Rovers boo boys will target Myles Anderson, I am sure he's looking forward to the season :D

I like Andrews, great person, not a bad player, although not what we would want as a first choice player in our midfield, but he gets a lot of stick purely because he was signed by Ince and because Rovers have never gone out and bought anyone to become that 'first choice' we're all after.

We need to remember that he has been played frequently under every Rovers manager and has also been regularly playing for Rep of Ireland under the legendary manager Trapattoni. So he must be doing something right to convince managers to play him. Also the boo boys blame Ince for bringing him here but it was Big Sam who gave him a new 4 year contract with the club.

This season could end up being a struggle for the team, so we need to stick together as one and get behind everyone in the team. Whether you like him or not, we all love Blackburn Rovers and want the best for the club, so let's praise him when he does right and encourage him when he does wrong.

Careful, talking sense is frowned upon on this site!

By the way, there was never any legs in the Andrews rumours. When he got his pay rise, it took him well over the top of Forest's wage cap. I doubt the transfer board at Forest would of sanctioned the move, considering Greening has signed, who has played at the level and premiership level and came for less than a million.

Your last point is totally redundant because there is no way Greening is on any less money than Andrews.

I would personallys say that if Andrews was 28 2.5m for him would be reasonable, but at nearly 31 I think a million would be very good business. Half a mill would be acceptable in my eyes.

That's absolute twaddle Tim. I dislike Andrews because he's consistently been a very poor player. He can't head the ball, tackle or pass the ball and has the quite amazing ability to simply disappear during games. At his worst he's a total liability like in the Aston Villa game where he made something like four errors in five seconds, and ended matters by giving away a penalty.

He may be an absolutely lovely fellow but I'm talking about what goes on on the pitch. A friend of mine hung around with Diouf and said he was a lovely guy in real life, but I'm sure that wouldn't cut it with a lot on here - and he's a much better player.

Saying every manager has played him is not quite telling the full story. Every manager, barring Ince has played him when they've had no other option. He gets dropped very quickly when they remember how poor he is.

"Not a bad player." Do you watch the games from Southampton through a telescope Tim?

Your last point is totally redundant because there is no way Greening is on any less money than Andrews.

I would personallys say that if Andrews was 28 2.5m for him would be reasonable, but at nearly 31 I think a million would be very good business. Half a mill would be acceptable in my eyes.

Glad you're not in charge of negotiations.

We might want shot of Andrews but that's no need to skimp on the fee. Especially if cash is short 'round these here parts.

Glad you're not in charge of negotiations.

We might want shot of Andrews but that's no need to skimp on the fee. Especially if cash is short 'round these here parts.

I'm not saying we should sell him for less than he's worth. To be honest he's over thirty and an average player - can we expect much more than a million for him? We don't want to price him out of a move when frankly it doesn't seem like anyone is interested anyway.

If Rovers cant sell Andrews then they should just sack him and pay him up FFS !

Why? He will be on relatively low wages for a premier league player (although no doubt on too much) and he can actually do a reasonable job as a squad player. He should never start for us, but if he has to come on for 20-30 minutes in a game he usually does a decent job of keeping things relatively tight.

Archived