BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Keith Andrews => ?

Pete1981

Come on, Den. I really wanna know if you think Andrews is worse than Goulon? He who did.... what exactly? Run around like a carthorse and started his only game in the 7-1 whooping at OT.

He's better than Andrews? I feel you're being a stubborn old goat about this.

• Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Come on, Den. I really wanna know if you think Andrews is worse than Goulon? He who did.... what exactly? Run around like a carthorse and started his only game in the 7-1 whooping at OT.

He's better than Andrews? I feel you're being a stubborn old goat about this.

No, Goulon wasn't better than Andrews, Goulon wasn't better than anybody Topman. I don't really include Goulon as a rovers midfielder though - did he ever play, - maybe once?

Obviously, when I say Andrews is the worst midfielder I've seen at Ewood, I am trying to think back of players over a long period - and seeing that I'm trying to remember back around 50 years, I wouldn't remember anyone who'd played as little as Goulon.

As for being stubborn, seriously I can't remember anyone else [midfileder] who had nothing to offer apart from a good workrate [and someone else already questioned that :lol:].

Now if you question my memory, I could make a massive list of midfielders who were better, from three different divisions. Let's hope Keith moves on so we don't have to have these discussions again.

So, OK, I'll reassess this. KA is the worst midfielder I've ever seen at Ewood, apart from Harold Goulon.

How's that? :rolleyes:

No, Goulon wasn't better than Andrews, Goulon wasn't better than anybody Topman. I don't really include Goulon as a rovers midfielder though - did he ever play?

Obviously, when I say Andrews is the worst midfielder I've seen at Ewood, I am trying to think of players who did make the first team more than once.

Harold Goullon - apps 4

So, OK, I'll reassess this. KA is the worst midfielder I've ever seen at Ewood, apart from Harold Goulon.

How's that? :rolleyes:

He was just one example though, Den. There's plenty like him who played a few games for Rovers and looked completely out of depth. At least Andrews has chipped in with goals, and covered at the back when required. He's still not good enough but I do think you exaggerate.

Ali Dia? Made around 50 minutes if I recall correctly. Brilliant PL comedy story.

Was much less than that.

He came on for Saints Legend Le Tissier, who picked up an injury, around 30 minutes into the 1st half and then got subbed off for Ken Monkou just after half time.

He was meant to play a reserve game (or two) leading up to the Leeds game but they were cancelled and due to injuries, he was named on the subs bench and unfortunately for Souness he put him on only to realise what a huge mistake he had made. He was atrocious!

He was just one example though, Den. There's plenty like him who played a few games for Rovers and looked completely out of depth. At least Andrews has chipped in with goals, and covered at the back when required. He's still not good enough but I do think you exaggerate.

Not at all Topman. How can I exagerate my belief? There are others who think the same - it isn't just me.

Says everything when we're looking for people who might have played "a few games".

One happy Braddock coming up.

reluctantnicko Alan Nixon

Blackburn news (ish). Andrews to Ipswich in doubt. Fed up waiting on an answer to loan offer. #shock

Where's all the dozens of volunteers that have said time and again that they will be happy to drive him to any club that wants him? Price of petrol a little too much now is it?

One happy Braddock coming up.

reluctantnicko Alan Nixon

Blackburn news (ish). Andrews to Ipswich in doubt. Fed up waiting on an answer to loan offer. #shock

As things stand with the current central midfielders at our disposal I'd be satisfied to keep Andrews as a squad player. I always have been so nothing new there. When all are fit he's on the bench, or not even making that depending on the formation we are playing. I wouldn't say I was happy it appears to be breaking down but I certainly have no negative emotions to it in the slightest. A fringe player may be stopping at the club. Fine by me.

As things stand with the current central midfielders at our disposal I'd be satisfied to keep Andrews as a squad player. I always have been so nothing new there. When all are fit he's on the bench, or not even making that depending on the formation we are playing. I wouldn't say I was happy it appears to be breaking down but I certainly have no negative emotions to it in the slightest. A fringe player may be stopping at the club. Fine by me.

He's taking up a place in the squad and a wage. Whilst he is here there is a temptation to let him on the pitch. Get rid!

I'd prefer someone with ability to take his place. It only takes a few injuries and he's in the first team and for me he's a liability at worst and at best a passenger. We don't need liabilities or passengers.

£21k a week. You are having a laugh... Reminds me of the Seth Johnson story. I thought we knew how to negotiate under the trust !

Before anyone asks... See nickos article in mirror tomorrow

£21k a week. You are having a laugh... Reminds me of the Seth Johnson story. I thought we knew how to negotiate under the trust !

Before anyone asks... See nickos article in mirror tomorrow

Never thought for a minute he'd be on less than £20k to be fair.

He's not always been on £20k p/w from the start anyway... it was only after he played for us a bit and got more established that he got a new contract with the current figures.

Archived