BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Keith Andrews => ?

Pete1981

The Andrews apologists could settle this argument really quickly by telling us his qualities.

I'm the last person you'd call an Andrews apologist but I even know he isn't the biggest donkey we've had.

• Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply

g.trappatoni@eire.net

He will let you know. Far more learned than I.

Why not ask the ex Wolves manager, Hull Manager etc?

That seems to be your only defence, he picks a few from Irish clubs too does trappotini, some of our reserves have played too!!

maybe worth considering, not too many decent players are there!!

Ok, in the main our midfield in the third division was Kendal, Metcalfe, Parkes, Bradford and Garbutt, each one a few classes above Andrews, sometimes Mckenzie played there as also, missed another good one in Graham Oates!

Kendall, yes, Bradford should have made it big time, Metcalfe good at that level as were Parkes and Garbutt, always thought Oates an honest plodder.

Missed a better one, David Turner who quit through injury.

I think some of the football in that division at that time was Championship standard now, without the influx of second rate foreign talent.

The Andrews apologists could settle this argument really quickly by telling us his qualities.

Certainly not an apologist, doesn't mean I agree that he is the worst player ever at Rovers.

Paul Shepstone? Paul McKinnon? (not a midfielder but surely more useless than poor Keith?)

Don't...i'd forgotten them. :angry2:

Certainly not an apologist, doesn't mean I agree that he is the worst player ever at Rovers.

Clickus Hereus

I thought some of you may like this, it's one of your favorite pastimes :rover:

To be fair though I will admit he was Villa's best player last season.

And he does look better on telly :blush:

According to LET website, been told he has no future at the club and will be going out on loan this week... Well said.

Meanwhile keith Andrews is expected to leave the club on loan this week, with a number of Championship clubs interested in the midfielder.

Andrews was brought to Ewood Park by Paul Ince back in 2008 but, having struggled to win sections of the crowd over, has been told he can leave the club.

from here

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/blackburn_rovers/news/9171709.Rovers_still_favourites_to_sign_Goodwillie/

Surely we should be looking to sell him? How long has he got left on his contract?

He did well for Ireland over summer and was ok in first pre-season friendly, but its just not worked for him at Ewood,

We need plenty of new bodies in, but we certainly need to be culling the deadwood players asap, they are taking up valuable wages and we should sever ties permantly, Loans mean we may end up with them back at Ewood, or lose them for nothing after their loan

I don't remember any other midfielder who had nothing at all to their game.

Keith does nothing.

That is a big claim den. Let's check it out.

Pre-season - it was only Accrington but the team was: Robinson Ribeiro Hanley Givet Olsson Andrews Linganzi Knowles MGP Hoilett Kalinic

Man of the Match: Andrews; by far our best player

http://www.blackburn.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=247588

or Cryer in the LT:

Andrews ran the midfield, passed accurately and helped the youngsters through the game as he showed why he should still have a future at Rovers.

Surely this can't be the man who is deemed to be the worst to ever wear the shirt?

Not convinced? Well surely it's an honour to be chosen for your country. How did he do against Macedonia?

Keith Andrews

Started with great authority as the Irish midfield pressed their hosts. Had a shot after 30 minutes that Bogatinov spilled but no one followed up on it. Used the ball slightly better than Whelan and won plenty of it.

Rating 7

http://eircomsports.eircom.net/GAA-Football/news/soccer/PlayerratingsMacedonia0-2Ireland.aspx

No? How about the mighty Italy?

KEITH ANDREWS left Liege last night with the Man of the Match award after his wonder goal against the Italians

http://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/kfojqlkfgboj/rss2/

And if its passion you're looking for (v Diarra and France):

........and Andrews, who had to be restrained by security staff and team-mates, accused the former Arsenal and Portsmouth anchorman of 'insulting the Irish nation' as they came together at the final whistle.

It's hard to agree with you when you say there is nothing at all to his game.

Three good games for another team and one pre-season friendly against very low level opposition does not make for a great record. But to be fair I actually thought he played well when he was put in defense for a short period of time.

A lot of MK Dons fans said he was their best player but that means nothing if he doesn't deliver in the blue and white halves. Perhaps the Rovers shirt is his kryptonite?

For me his time at Rovers is best summed up at the Villa away game. Shambolic, and full of bad luck.

That is a big claim den. Let's check it out.

Pre-season - it was only Accrington but the team was: Robinson Ribeiro Hanley Givet Olsson Andrews Linganzi Knowles MGP Hoilett Kalinic

Man of the Match: Andrews; by far our best player

http://www.blackburn.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=247588

or Cryer in the LT:

Andrews ran the midfield, passed accurately and helped the youngsters through the game as he showed why he should still have a future at Rovers.

Surely this can't be the man who is deemed to be the worst to ever wear the shirt?

Not convinced? Well surely it's an honour to be chosen for your country. How did he do against Macedonia?

Keith Andrews

Started with great authority as the Irish midfield pressed their hosts. Had a shot after 30 minutes that Bogatinov spilled but no one followed up on it. Used the ball slightly better than Whelan and won plenty of it.

Rating 7

http://eircomsports.eircom.net/GAA-Football/news/soccer/PlayerratingsMacedonia0-2Ireland.aspx

No? How about the mighty Italy?

KEITH ANDREWS left Liege last night with the Man of the Match award after his wonder goal against the Italians

http://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/kfojqlkfgboj/rss2/

And if its passion you're looking for (v Diarra and France):

........and Andrews, who had to be restrained by security staff and team-mates, accused the former Arsenal and Portsmouth anchorman of 'insulting the Irish nation' as they came together at the final whistle.

It's hard to agree with you when you say there is nothing at all to his game.

Yes, only Accrington Tony.

You see, I actually watch the guy and go off what I see. I can't comment on games I haven't seen. Is he the worst midfielder to play for rovers in my time - well yes, I think he is. Even Ronnie Hildersley had something to his game.

None of your post has answered a question asked by me and probably the majority of other fans who don't rate him and judge him by actually watching him, which is technically, what has he got to his game. Can you tell me Tony? How many times have you watched him throughout a game?

It's a simple question.

Yes, only Accrington Tony.

You see, I actually watch the guy and go off what I see. I can't comment on games I haven't seen. Is he the worst midfielder to play for rovers in my time - well yes, I think he is. Even Ronnie Hildersley had something to his game.

None of your post has answered a question asked by me and probably the majority of other fans who don't rate him and judge him by actually watching him, which is technically, what has he got to his game. Can you tell me Tony? How many times have you watched him throughout a game?

It's a simple question.

You may recall that I did a minute by minute breakdown of his performance against Burnley many moons ago. Had to watch it on the tele I admit so that I could do a comprehensive job.

The guys that wrote those match reports actually watched the guy and commented on what they had seen too. Anyway you have to give me a bit of licence this time den because I think it's gonna be the last time I get to defend him in a Rovers shirt. I'll miss him actually - and our debates. We'll have to find someone else to pick on I guess.

I think it best that Keith does go but we go down to 14 players who have started more than 1 PL game...

I think most will agree that experience counts in the Prem but we were due a major overhaul, hence why Kean said at the end of the season he wanted his business done before pre-season.

Germany in the last WC went into their campaign with a lot of rookies didn't turn out to bad. Of course they had a manager!

Germany in the last WC went into their campaign with a lot of rookies didn't turn out to bad. Of course they had a manager!

Terrible example as they had Klinsmann. A manager with even less coaching experience than our own

The guys that wrote those match reports actually watched the guy and commented on what they had seen too. Anyway you have to give me a bit of licence this time den because I think it's gonna be the last time I get to defend him in a Rovers shirt. I'll miss him actually - and our debates. We'll have to find someone else to pick on I guess.

No problem Tony. It's good debating with you because I recognise you're a true fan who has the club at heart.

No problem Tony. It's good debating with you because I recognise you're a true fan who has the club at heart.

And here's another thing that cheered me up! For the first time that I can remember the readers' comments in the LT's article about Keith leaving are nearly all friendly and most folk wish him well.

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/blackburn_rovers/news/9172454.Andrews_set_for_Blackburn_Rovers_exit/

Archived