BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Keith Andrews => ?

Pete1981

Good luck to Keith Andrews in the rest of his career. I remember a good last-minute equaliser at West Brom under Ince but not much else and was out of his depth in the Premier League

Hopefully his mum / dad / agent will be pleased with his move and won't darken these doorsteps again.

That and his moving into defense when we beat Bolton in the snow.

• Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Im glad he has gone at least now it means we have 1 less donkey who we all know will get some unexpected game time and put a downer on our trip to ewood.

Brown > Andrews > Benjani > Rigters >Zurab all gone in the same window...Now if we can get rid of Gorilla then that's some excellent deadwood clearance.

Im glad he has gone – at least now it means we have 1 less donkey who we all know will get some unexpected game time and put a downer on our trip to ewood.

Brown > Andrews > Benjani > Rigters >Zurab all gone in the same window...Now if we can get rid of Gorilla then that's some excellent deadwood clearance.

That's a bit more honest than a lot of other self righteous posters who are suddenly Andrews fans but I never thought Zurab was a bad player. I don't ever remember him letting us down. Maybe he would have been useful with our current problems at centre half.

That's a bit more honest than a lot of other self righteous posters who are suddenly Andrews fans but I never thought Zurab was a bad player. I don't ever remember him letting us down. Maybe he would have been useful with our current problems at centre half.

Al, it wasn't his fault he got dropped into the Rovers. Yep, he was crap, but he tried, and he got onto the park, which is more than Vincenzo did.

I remember saying at the time he was signed that Grella was a waste.

As somebody who wished a broken leg on a young lad for deciding to play for a different football team I can safely say that while you may or may not be a hypocrite I hope nobody pays the slightest bit of notice to your miserable, twisted opinions.

What the hell has my comment about Andrews got to do with Jones? In any case if you took the trouble to read on you will find that I withdrew that comment about Jones. Were you excited when you saw Andrews' name on the team sheet? Thought not.

No Zurab at the time was useful, however he's no Samba and for the last 2 years has simply been a drain on our resources

I couldn't resist having a peek at Ipswich's independent website.

http://www.twtd.co.uk/news.php?storyid=18941&title=andrews_undergoing_town_medical

It's well, interesting shall we say...

Its very interesting, especially if "The club that wasn't answering their phone" was indeed Rovers. Mind you, I played against Jewell many years ago and he was a whiny wee scouse prat even then.

Don't you think we seem to getting what we deserve a bit? Selfish fans who decide to dislike a player before he's even kicked a ball for us, and then continue to boo and moan to the detriment of the team, means no-one of any quality wants to join us - so we have to make do with bit part maybes from abroad, at best. Meanwhile our best hopes for the future can't wait to jump ship at the nearest opportunity. Act like selfish kids who "know best" and boo, and you reap what you sow.

Nice one "fans". Let's look forward to a great season with all those superstars who are falling over themselves to come to Ewood to call these super supporters their own.

Come on you Blues team of players no-one wants, and will jump ship at the first opportunity anyway. More boos please because it's clearly making BRFC a power to be reckoned with :brfcsmilie:

What the hell has my comment about Andrews got to do with Jones? In any case if you took the trouble to read on you will find that I withdrew that comment about Jones. Were you excited when you saw Andrews' name on the team sheet? Thought not.

Doesn't retracting your comment about Jones make you somewhat of a hypocrite then? You either hope he breaks his leg or you don't. Maybe in hindsight you realised how childish and embarassing your comment was?

I don't think many (or any) people here are retrospectively saying they wanted him to stay because they thought he was a useful player - just that he seemed a decent guy and therefore bear no ill will towards him. I don't think Andrews is good enough and never wanted to see his name on the team sheet but wish him all the best - where does that fit in with your view of hypocrisy?

Don't you think we seem to getting what we deserve a bit? Selfish fans who decide to dislike a player before he's even kicked a ball for us, and then continue to boo and moan to the detriment of the team, means no-one of any quality wants to join us - so we have to make do with bit part maybes from abroad, at best. Meanwhile our best hopes for the future can't wait to jump ship at the nearest opportunity. Act like selfish kids who "know best" and boo, and you reap what you sow.

Nice one "fans". Let's look forward to a great season with all those superstars who are falling over themselves to come to Ewood to call these super supporters their own.

Come on you Blues team of players no-one wants, and will jump ship at the first opportunity anyway. More boos please because it's clearly making BRFC a power to be reckoned with :brfcsmilie:

You are simply obsessed with Keith Andrews or Deluded! Go & sign that contract with Ipswich Keith!! Don’t let the door hit you on the way out!

We have just signed 2 very highly rated young players…..pop goes your theory.

Doesn't retracting your comment about Jones make you somewhat of a hypocrite then? You either hope he breaks his leg or you don't. Maybe in hindsight you realised how childish and embarassing your comment was?

I don't think many (or any) people here are retrospectively saying they wanted him to stay because they thought he was a useful player - just that he seemed a decent guy and therefore bear no ill will towards him. I don't think Andrews is good enough and never wanted to see his name on the team sheet but wish him all the best - where does that fit in with your view of hypocrisy?

Have you never had a knee jerk reaction that you later regretted? Sufficient to say that the ungrateful sod could have given us another season after we brought him from nothing. He would have had many more chances to join a top club because he is good enough, and would have learned more playing for us than sitting on the Scum bench.

I think your revised comment on Andrews is fine. I bear him no ill will now that he will no longer wear a Rovers shirt but it did ruin many a Saturday for me and I would gladly have driven him to join his new club.

We have just signed 2 very highly rated young players…..pop goes your theory.

So highly rated that other premier league teams were fighting like mad to sign them?

I think you'll find highly rated young players are the likes of Phil Jones, who couldn't wait to see the back of fans like ours. The "highly rated" young players we've got aren't highly rated, they've never even play in the Prem. Instead they have "huge potential" - which means they could go either way - hence only paying the kind of prices which puts us in the bottom spenders of the Prem. We have to sign them from outside our league as well - it seems players in the Prem aren't mad keen to come to Rovers.

It's weird - you'd think they'd like fans who boo their own players.

So highly rated that other premier league teams were fighting like mad to sign them?

I think you'll find highly rated young players are the likes of Phil Jones, who couldn't wait to see the back of fans like ours. The "highly rated" young players we've got aren't highly rated, they've never even play in the Prem. Instead they have "huge potential" - which means they could go either way - hence only paying the kind of prices which puts us in the bottom spenders of the Prem. We have to sign them from outside our league as well - it seems players in the Prem aren't mad keen to come to Rovers.

Wow. Really taking Andrews' departure personally, aren't you? Even to the point of slandering the club you profess to support.

You think Phil Jones left because of the fans? Almost as laughable as JAL's theory that Kean booted him out. :lol: His departure had nothing to do with the fanbase. Tell me how many starry-eyed players would reject Man. Utd?

The reason Rovers can't attract proven young players is because they cost upwards of £16.5m. We have to buy unknown quantities, players with potential, like Goodwillie & Petrovic, as well nurturing the prospects coming through the youth ranks. It's one of the reasons we've held our heads above water in the PL.

Oh yes, Man Utd fans would never boo their own players.

Berbatov booed

Giggs booed - this one is quite well known

Utd fans abuse Gibson on Twitter

Utd fans boo Ferdinand

You also realize it's a minority of fans that actually boo. Also that some people were booing the managers decision to bring Keith on, not Keith himself. I'm not saying it's right, but you're talking like other clubs are holier than thou and that's a reason for players not coming here. Happens everywhere.

Hurrah for Keef's dad / mum / agent etc etc. !!

Found your way to the Ipswich website yet ?

Have your pencil sharpened because another group of fans is about to discover how poor your boy really is.

• Moderation Lead

I don't get why people have to become human rights lawyers when it comes to Andrews. :rolleyes:

An absolute shower of sh1te that we should never have bought. Jonno lad is the president of the KA fan club and his continued defence of him is just hilarious.

You think Phil Jones left because of the fans? Almost as laughable as JAL's theory that Kean booted him out. :lol: His departure had nothing to do with the fanbase. Tell me how many starry-eyed players would reject Man. Utd?

Kean didnt boot Jones out, but Kean's presence and manner certainly didnt help in any way for Phil Jones to want stay around Rovers.

In an interview on Radio Lancs, he said he thought he would have no future with the Rovers at the end of the 6 months.

Even though he had tried to conduct himself in a very professional way, he felt his face had never fitted in and in those circumstances, it was best to move on.

Archived