BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Who is roverinsider?

So According to him we only have 6million but yet we have mad a 3million bid for a DM and a 2.5million bid for CB and unless the the other 2 bids we are waiting to hear on must be £250k each, the guy talks absolute @#/?.

I think we have to say at the moment these are only bids. A bid is not money spent or players bought.

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think imy9 is right. Nowt's happened since Jones took the poisoned chalice.

There were no buyers for the club.

We haven't sold Samba or anyone else.

We do have money. The banks haven't foreclosed.

We are buying some decent players.

The players morale is good.

Kean is still the manager.

In fact none of the negative crap has come to fruition. All that angst has been a waste of time - like it is every year at this time.

Amen, I wouldn't say we are out of the woods but this seems like a fair assessment.

Sold 16k haven't we, I'm sure I read that on here the other day.

I read 5m would guarantee a top 5 finish. I read Ronaldinho and Beckham were to team up in the blue and white halves. I read Allardyce and Williams jobs were safe. I read Kean is good cos he gives a good presser. In fact I've read all manner of base lies on here over the past 8 months.

In fact none of the negative crap has come to fruition. All that angst has been a waste of time - like it is every year at this time.

Exactly, NOTHING has happened despite many giving the owners the benefit of the doubt in the summer. The time to make an impression was before now. I see no players on the pitch, no sponsor announced, no plan, no direction and no evidence that we've got money either way.

That Kean is still the manager or that we've no buyers for the club are hardly things to put in the "bonus" column. (Though if Samba's still here Sept 1st that would definitely be construed as such).

Spin on these boards is just as aggravating regardless of what direction it's in. It's ok you know, to just look at the situation objectively without falling into the doom monger or ostrich camps.

Eh?

Have you been on holiday for eight weeks?

:lol: very good philipl, very good :lol:

I read 5m would guarantee a top 5 finish. I read Ronaldinho and Beckham were to team up in the blue and white halves. I read Allardyce and Williams jobs were safe. I read Kean is good cos he gives a good presser. In fact I've read all manner of base lies on here over the past 8 months.

But if someone posted we'd sold 10k you'd believe that ;)

So, it looks likely we won't spend anywhere near the Jones money, nevermind Venky's own actual cash, and this is a positive?

We aren't exactly being 'bankrolled' by the supposed 'billionaires', are we?

So, it looks likely we won't spend anywhere near the Jones money, nevermind Venky's own actual cash, and this is a positive?

We aren't exactly being 'bankrolled' by the supposed 'billionaires', are we?

Why should we expect to be bankrolled by billionaires? its not a prerequisite of being a Blackburn Rovers supporter Matty.

Plenty of club don't have rich owners, and still survive without all the moaning groaning and general bitching that happens on here.

We've been fortunate over the past 20yrs, but it wasn't always the case and we still survived.

That's the rub GAV, The Trust decided that they were not interested and stopped the funding. Their pergoative. We were still holding our own, for how long? Who knows, but we got on with it.

Venky's however have supposedly much grander plans, yet seem unwilling to put their money were their mouth is.

Why should we expect to be bankrolled by billionaires? its not a prerequisite of being a Blackburn Rovers supporter Matty.

Plenty of club don't have rich owners, and still survive without all the moaning groaning and general bitching that happens on here.

We've been fortunate over the past 20yrs, but it wasn't always the case and we still survived.

i dontexpect them to bankroll us with billions, but i do expectthem to live up, to th e promises they made.

They promised 5million a window for transfers + the amount we sold for, so in short gav, i dont expect billions, but something along the lines of 20-25 millions.

Seems both reasonable and fair to me.

now back to something really important, who is roversinsider and can he be trusted.. :D

They need to put some money in or what was the point of taking over the club in the first place? Unless they enjoy having a team in the lower leagues that is.

If we sell Kalinic we should, with the Jones money, have over £25m to spend with the £5m that was also promised. This "Jones paying off the overdraft" cobblers doesn't wash with me. If that amount of money isn't spent, we have a right to moan, groan or generally bitch.

That's not "being bankrolled by millionaires", and it's not too much to expect as a Blackburn Rovers fan I don't think.

They need to put some money in or what was the point of taking over the club in the first place? Unless they enjoy having a team in the lower leagues that is.

If we sell Kalinic we should, with the Jones money, have over £25m to spend with the £5m that was also promised. This "Jones paying off the overdraft" cobblers doesn't wash with me. If that amount of money isn't spent, we have a right to moan, groan or generally bitch.

That's not "being bankrolled by millionaires", and it's not too much to expect as a Blackburn Rovers fan I don't think.

The people with insider knowledge are all singing from the same hymn sheet regarding the Jones money and paying back the bank, so I’d say it pretty certain thats the case booth.

The owners said 5m a season, thats what they'll be looking to spend I'd imagine.

He is tweeting again- this is very specific stuff so lets see if it is borne out by events and other reports.

roversinsider Blackburn Rovers Spy

BIG NEWS...last night that WAS not a signing. It was regarding the bank, much more significant in my eyes #Rovers

4 minutes ago

PETROVIC...I knew the club in deep dissuasions as I said I didn't think it was imminent which implied today, been confirmed has it? #Rovers

5 minutes ago

KALINIC...up front I believe it is around £1.5m, with £4m overall guaranteed and a possible further £2m. Also a 15% sell on #Rovers

6 minutes ago

AMOUNT...that is the same as rovers receive up front for Kalinic, hence the problem yday as it was already promised to the bank #Rovers

7 minutes ago

BUDGET...the Kalinic money is all that will be available instantly as the bank demanded the same amount to lower the interest #Rovers

8 minutes ago

BUDGET...therefore the budget returns to being £10m over the two windows. Balaji is supplementing for players that take his fancy #Rovers

9 minutes ago

»

MONEY...2/2 is gone, bank have the first half already and want the second when it arrives. #Rovers

10 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

MONEY...to clarify we are no longer in a desperate situation (needing to find £18m yesterday) but the Jones money... #Rovers

11 minutes ago

RAUL...no further contact today. Kean doesn't think it's likely, Balaji is adamant it will happen within a week #Rovers

1 hour ago Favorite Retweet Reply

PETROVIC...deal almost complete just waiting for Kalinic money to hit the bank #Rovers

RAUL...no further contact today. Kean doesn't think it's likely, Balaji is adamant it will happen within a week #Rovers

1 hour ago Favorite Retweet Reply

PETROVIC...deal almost complete just waiting for Kalinic money to hit the bank #Rovers

If the bank are planning on taking the 2nd half of the Jones money, why wouldn't they snaffle the Bambi money first? I think he's making stuff up

If the bank are planning on taking the 2nd half of the Jones money, why wouldn't they snaffle the Bambi money first? I think he's making stuff up

I know philipl thinks his information is on the money, I'm not convinced, he always seems a little behind the people on here with his info, which may point towards him being someone from on here, but I'm sure its not Zac.

I am not saying his info is correct- I have previously posted which bits stacked up with what I had heard and which didn't.

One thing that has never made sense to me is that I know with reasonable certainty that £49m was transferred in two lumps in March and April from Venky's London to Rovers. I think that was Balaji's own spending money and I know it was ring-fence from other Rovers money somehow.

It seems to have caused trouble by just being there- Kentaro for instance thought it was a pot for transfers they could make some extremely fat fees out of.

It might explain why Barclays were so relaxed about their mortgage expiring without making sure their £18m was to be repaid BEFORE the security ended. If the Bank could see a pot of money (eg sitting in a different account they could not access) which was not to be used to make sure they were OK, I could understand them getting very angry when Venky's did nothing to make them whole as July went by.

Roversinsider's explanation of what would happen to the Kalinic money is frankly garbled and leaves none of us the wiser.

However, he says the bank is taking the Jones money and this does stack up with what I had heard ten days ago- that the Rovers had pledged the entire Jones transfer deal to Barclays to settle the overdraft. Now if the bank signed up to the certainty of that £16.5m coming directly to them (albeit over two to four years), they have got their replacement security for the overdraft and got the first £8m paid off.

That might explain why the bank is not getting its fingers on the Kalinic fee if that sale ever happens.

The bad news is that we are down to £10m plus any net from new sales (and remember Ali Merchant is tasked to SELL before buying) for the whole of 2011/12 with zero internal transfer experience.

I am not saying his info is correct- I have previously posted which bits stacked up with what I had heard and which didn't.

Do you know who he is then Philip?

I am slightly worried his info might just be going through one big recycling loop and the reasons some of his details stack up with things you have heard is because it is from you, either directly or indirectly.

I still don't get how we ended up with an £18 million overdraft to begin with.

Assuming they haven't stuck any of their cash in one can presume it went on payoffs to departing management and contract extensions for a good portion of the squad in January, plus loan fees, Rochina and Formica.

And I doubt our finishing position was budgeted for so there is a drop in income too.

So, DeftAngel, the January signings weren't paid for by £5m of Venkys own money then but using an overdraft against the club? If that IS the case, and the future model, then we are actually worse of than being the unwanted child of the Trust... at least then we had people at the club who knew how to maximise revenue from player sales.

So, DeftAngel, the January signings weren't paid for by £5m of Venkys own money then but using an overdraft against the club? If that IS the case, and the future model, then we are actually worse of than being the unwanted child of the Trust... at least then we had people at the club who knew how to maximise revenue from player sales.

A lot of our fans arent arsed about that in the slightest as long as we get 'some new faces in'.

Archived