BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers v Everton

I am also feeling strangely positive today, huge game for Rovers, need to get some points on the board today.

Hopefully Samba and Givet start at the back, with Petrovic and N'Zonzi in front of them, we need to be much better organised in a defensive sense. Up top I think we will see Roberts playing the lone striker role, with one of Formica or Rochina playing off him. Hopefully Vukcevic gets a run out at some point in the afternoon.

COYB!

• Replies 721
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Think there may be a few changes again today and a surprise line up, Kean getting the Ranieri tinker man reputation of changing the team too much.

Robbo,

Emerton

Samba

Givet

Olsson

Hoilett

Petrovic

Dunn

Gamst

Goodwillie

Roberts

Would I play this team? Not a chance but i ain't the manager. Nothing but three points will do today, As I think Everton are in the worst position of all Prem clubs. No Money, No signings and a thread bare squad

This is a must win game, and can kick start our season, if we fail to win then that should spell the end of Kean, However I don't think he is going anywhere. Hopefully a good crowd on and we can be that 12th man,

I'm not interested in pretty football, if its goes in off someone's backside and we win 1-0, I will take that at this point

Would like to see a mix of the old and the new, new young foreign signings take time to gel and putting too many in together at once throws the dynamics of the team.

Robbo

Emerton Samba Givet Olsson

NZonzi Petrovic

Hoilett Dunn Pedersen

Roberts

Subs: Bunn Salgado Hanley Simon Rochina Formica Goodwillie

Would like to see Goodwillie for Roberts, Formica for Dunn and Simon/Rochina for Pedersen at some point.

I'd play

Robinson

Olsson

Givet

Samba

Emerton

N'Zonzi

Petrovic

Simon

Formica

Hoilett

Goodwillie

Kean won't though. Expect to see Roberts up front, Salgado at right back, and no Samba. It'll be 0-0, both teams get their first points.

Would swap their squad for ours.

But Moyes with our squad/money would do 100x better job than Kean is.

if he starts roberts he deserves sacking in the tunnel before the game!!!

First bit will happen second bit won't happen.

Just about too set off , not much optimism unfortunately. Keep reading in the media Everton in crisis ! Not as a big a one as we are in. Must be a sign of the times (or the manager) that I use to look forward to walking down the Bolton Rd and pinting it in the various public houses.

Win , lose or draw , I knew , I would be looking forward to the next match . But since the arrival of these owners and the manager we have , that as near enough dissipated ..I am not giving up , just looking forward to the day KEAN is removed from his post ..The owners , will be more difficult to remove ..

Everton I suspect will be too good for us but you never know , if a loss is the last time I see the present manager in the dug out ,so be it .But after 42 yrs of going on , i want Rovers to win ..

If Moyes was our manager this afternoon , we would win !!

Because of recoveries from injuries and the new youngsters, this is a much stronger Everton than we faced in either game last season. Big test for us especially in midfield where we could get overwhelmed.

When we won 1-0 at Ewood - their starting eleven was Howard, Baines, Distin, Jagielka, Neville, Cahill, Fellaini, Pienaar, Osman, Arteta, Saha.

So I'm quite interested in how their team is 'much stronger' this afternoon - particularly considering Cahill and Saha are doubtful and Pienaar has left.

what better striker does Keano have for todays match ABBY???

Goodwillie hit the back of the net three times against Sheffield Wednesday. I don't care if two of them were later ruled out. He's shown the ability to finish. I would much rather see him as the main striker, rather than Roberts. Just personal opinion, however.

This is a match we should be winning. They are in some trouble on and off the pitch.

So are we! We don't have a right to say we 'should' win a game against anyone in this league at the moment. Everton are still, on paper, a stronger side than us with a far superior manager. Not much has changed since they finished 7th last year.

Home advantage is the main thing that could swing it in our favour, but there is no way we should expect to win this one. A draw would be acceptable providing the performance was encouraging.

Dont know the teams so havent got a clue how this game will go, which makes it a little bit more exciting for me.

The only thing i'd say is that N'Zonzi simply HAS TO, man mark Tim Cahill, on every corner, free kick, set piece, or any other deliver/cross that might come into the box.

Come on Rovers! :brfc:

Archived