Salgado, Samba, Givet, Olsson

Emerton, Dunn, Nzonzi, Hoilett

Goodwillie, Roberts,

Subs : Bunn, Ribeiro, Hanley, Petrovic, Pedersen, Rochina, Formica

• Replies 721
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

I think we'll lose 2 or 3-0. Most people on here will be calling for Kean's head (again) and Venky's will do nothing (again). Repeat for the forseeable future :(

(I'd love to be proven wrong and either we win, or Kean gets sacked if we lose, for what it's worth).

Tough game, Everton will work hard, lots of experience at the back and in the centre of the park, the new kid Barclay, hearing good things about, for all our 6'+ players Cahill to bag a header. :o

Closer than I thought since our return to the Prem

W4 L3 D4

All time W40 L20 D17

1-1

-------------------Robbo

------------Samba-----Givet

Emerton©--------------------Olsson

------------N'Zonzi---Petrovic

Rochina---------Dunn-------------Hoilett

------------------Roberts

Bunn-Salgado-Hanley-MGP-Formica-Goodie-Blackman

Good to have Samba back, hopefully he is sharp enough to put in a decent performance.

Think he does make a difference - yesterday, Kean eluded to his leadership qualities in the dressing room as he likes to win football matches.

I cant see a Rovers victory tomorrow. Expect the team to be :

Robinson

Salgado, Samba, Givet, Olsson

Emerton, Dunn, Nzonzi, Hoilett

Goodwillie, Roberts,

Subs : Bunn, Ribeiro, Hanley, Petrovic, Pedersen, Rochina, Formica

Sorry but Dunn in a central midfield role and we are looking at another defeat.

Interesting to see, as time goes on, if Kean is strong enough to leave Dunn out if he is not performing (they are pretty close and Kean was helping Dunn out with coaching courses last season).

Hope so.

I also hope Pedersen's goal doesn't cover up for his woeful performance at Villa.

We not only need steel in midfield against Everton but players who can move the ball quickly. If we line up anything like we did against Villa, we're done for.

Has vukevic been cleared to play this one? First game this season im gettin to and can't wait. Setting off at alf 8 in the mornin, hopefully will put a team out that can atleast get a draw

Id go for

Robinson

Emerton samba givet ollson

N zonzi petrovic

Hoillet formica vukevic

Goodwillie

Think if we have samba back in defence and 2 cdm we'll be strong enough at the back. Not sure if we've got enough upfront, really depends on hoillet formica and vukevic

Am going to bd optimisic thouugh and say 2 - 0 :D

Thanks for the preview.

Rovers should line-up something like:

ROBINSON

SALGADO - NELSEN - SAMBA - GIVET/OLSSON

NZONZI - PETROVIC

HOILETT - FORMICA - ROCHINA/OLSSON

GOODWILLIE

This would be a good line up, and one that would potentially get us the win. But I can't see Kean dropping his vocal supporter, Roberts.

Guest Rovers4Good

Thanks for the preview.

Rovers should line-up something like:

ROBINSON

SALGADO - NELSEN - SAMBA - GIVET/OLSSON

NZONZI - PETROVIC

HOILETT - FORMICA - ROCHINA/OLSSON

GOODWILLIE

That means you're either playing with 12 men (we need to) or 10 men? :) LOL

Sorry but Dunn in a central midfield role and we are looking at another defeat.

Note - this isnt my team-what I'd expect Keen to put out! Wont argue with your comment tho... :s ! With Vukcevic receiving clearence I expect he'll be on the bench instead of Ribeiro.

Tough game, Everton will work hard, lots of experience at the back and in the centre of the park, the new kid Barclay, hearing good things about, for all our 6'+ players Cahill to bag a header. :o

Closer than I thought since our return to the Prem

W4 L3 D4

All time W40 L20 D17

1-1

-------------------Robbo

------------Samba-----Givet

Emerton©--------------------Olsson

------------N'Zonzi---Petrovic

Rochina---------Dunn-------------Hoilett

------------------Roberts

Bunn-Salgado-Hanley-MGP-Formica-Goodie-Blackman

Yes Cahill always seems to get on the end of things, we always fail to pick up the runner!

Kean slowly getting players in, which is good because the squad was tiny and going stale.

Now, are the players coming in actually up to the high standards required? For Kean's sake they better be, because he'll survive, or not, on their backs.

Mind you, he needs to find two strikers who can do the job.

Enjoyed that Philip, thanks.

After a relaxing Wednesday evening at Ewood I see at the very best a draw from this game. I am starting to hope we are all utterly wrong about Kean and he is quietly putting together a side to challenge for the top half. Back on planet earth I expect Everton to nick a goal in the first 15-20 minutes and then shut up shop. We will then all be bored to death while Rovers search for an equaliser and Everton do all they can to kill the game as any sort of spectacle. 1-1 or 0-1 - so come lads surprise us.

Such a recognisable description for us Rover-fans, spot-on. Every match you have that hope for a miracle, but seldom hope turns into joy. And that's probably what keeps us positive; in the end, we will win a game and experience that utter joy of being a Rover-fan.

I think it'll be tomorrow. Rovers 3, Everton 2.

I feel a little bit silly saying this in the third game of the season...but this is a potentially pivotal game for both teams. I think Everton are a team that we can think about challenging this year, whereas other years they were looking at top 6.

It feels like both clubs aren't a million miles from being in a crisis. A win for either could kick-start their season, so I hope Kean gets us up for it. Thankfully it seems like we have have more solid centre back pairing for this one.

Assuming Samba is out and it's too early for Vuckevic...

Robinson

Salgado Nelsen Givet Olsson

N'Zonzi Petrovic

Hoilett Pedersen Rochina

Roberts

I wouldn't necessarily say individually that's our strongest eleven players, but we need older heads around the final third - we can't just throw all the younger players in at the deep end, especially against a streetwise team like Everton. I would have chosen Dunn had Pedersen not scored last week, I don't think Kean will drop him after that.

Silly question I know but where is Grella? Put him in midfield and I feel a lot more confident about it, shame he is always injured.

Hes slower than Ryan Nelsen how on earth could you feel confident with another slug in the team.

Silly question I know but where is Grella? Put him in midfield and I feel a lot more confident about it, shame he is always injured.

I've been wondering the same.

There were some articles about him a few days ago saying he'll be called up for Australia.

I don't think he's injured. My best guess is that we're still trying to flog him so don't want to risk injuring him.

Hes slower than Ryan Nelsen how on earth could you feel confident with another slug in the team.

An experienced international who can tackle and' sit' in midfield to allow the attacking players to flourish, who else have we got who is better playing that role?

With the huge caveat of 'when fit' Grella is very good defensively and can pick a pass. He's better suited to playing a stronger attacking team though, as he offers very little going forward and as mentioned is very slow. In a 4-2-3-1 or 4-1-3-2 he's a good fit, but in a conventional 4-4-2 or 4-3-3 he will struggle. I would like to see him at least on the bench at the moment, but it seems that he's been given his marching orders as he's not even mentioned in the injuries list anymore. Shame but in terms of wages to games played he's an awful drain on our wage system, and as an Australian it's frustrating because he's shown in the national team what he's capable of when fit.

Archived