BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Steve Kean

Glenn

We're now had our worst start since the 1950s, but an improved performance and some bad luck. So how do people feel?  

784 members have voted

1. 1. Sack or Back

• Sack him now
    • Give him more time

The problem I have with this "his team" stuff is that he hasn't been playing his new signings anyway. Against Everton he started with the same old team, he only brought on the new players because he was forced to. I'm not convinced he'll drop the old players.

Assuming there is enough quality in the squad, a decent manager will turn things around fairly quickly. Dalglish at Liverpool and Allardyce at Ewood come to mind straight away. If the squad has been run down, then obviously it's going to take any manager some time to change things. Kean took over a team that had finished in the top ten last time out, so I don't honestly think that there's an argument to say that this squad had been run down.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kean took over a team that had finished in the top ten last time out, so I don't honestly think that there's an argument to say that this squad had been run down.

Most posters agreed we needed to change at least half a dozen player from the squad Kean took over.

Most posters agreed we needed to change at least half a dozen player from the squad Kean took over.

The point is he didn't need time to buy his own team. He took over a team perfectly capable of getting results. Our home form had been excellent. The drop in results can only be down to Kean.

Most posters wanted improvements to do better in the league and be able to play a better brand of football.. the squad had it's weak spots like the lack of a goalscorer (doubt this has been fixed), some creativity (probably fixed), a midfield enforcer (not really fixed).. but overall it was a decent mid table side with an experienced squad near enough guaranteed to stay in the league.

To me the current squad is like the gamble of starting a new business with just a bunch of Graduates, they might have the grades from Uni but not the business knowledge and experience to guarantee success, hense no business man with an ounce of logic would take such a risk.

People talk of Kean giving the kids a chance.. but who started playing Nzonzi, Olsson, Jones, Hoillett and co on a regular basis (half a teams worth of kids is enough for me).. I am not a huge fan of his style but BFS had the right attitude in bringing through a small group of kids mixed in with lots of experience in ALL areas.

Based on the previous tenure with near enought the same squad the results from the second half of the season can only be one persons fault and that is Keans, he should also be well aware of how long it takes players to settle (you only need to look at how slowly he introduced the likes of Formica and Rochina to the side) so unless he magically worked out a genius way to get kids to settle in instantly, and without experienced heads to point them in the right direction then we are in for a very hellish season even if we get a new manager (bit late now to rebuild again with experience when we let so much of it go).

I will applaud whoever was behind the last minute change in tact by Rovers, Dann and the Yak are a much more logical and sensible choice over Keans first choice pair of the unexperienced George John and injured Ibisivic.. but something tells me that this was not Keans first choice plan.

The squad which had just finished top half yet again?

That squad needed some judicious refreshing but doing what made good footballing sense was never going to make Anderson/Kentaro an absolute shed load of cash out of our utterly gullible owners.

Hence we fired a manager and replaced him with spud-u-like.

Then got rid of the best backroom mnagement team in the PL.

Mrs D and the bros swallowed every conceivable made up nonsense they were told by the money suckers and thought nothing of sending out a prospectus which is now horribly obvious was nothing but a cybnical con job on the people of Blackburn.

When a perfectly decent set-up had been butchered by their mendacity, Kean and Anderson filled their boots metaphorically (and for real-415% agent's fee!!!!) by taking the Rao family for a rip-off ride that will never be forgotten anywhere there are Indian chickens or people who know something about the Rovers.

I'd get kean and his cronies , agents , the lot , on the Jeremy Kyle show and be asked to take a lie defector test !! The man is unqualified to be manager of a multimillion pound premiership team , the facts and results do not lie ! I hope he's nor manager next season when it comes to renewal of our season tickets . I genuinely thought Indians were on the up with their business savvy etc , evidently bit of more egg than they can swallow :(

i'd like an exciting name as manager, someone with actual promise like Poyet or tried tested and proven like hughes.....but in all honesty a bog standard appointment like curbishley just could'nt fail to pick up the points kean can't, did'nt think curbishley would ever be a name i'd want here but you have to imagine he'd jump at the chance and he'd be cheap and suprisingly a massive improvement and would i'd imagine have a better squad of players to pick from than he ever had at charlton. Not sure what went wrong at wham but i could forgive anything if it meant kean was replaced.

The squad he took over probably needed about three months for them to readjust their necks to be able to look at the ground.

Whilst we didn't need a whole new squad, they needed to learn to play football again. Something we never did under Allsy. His football and basing results on chance and luck is the reason we finished top half.

Many of the responses are very interesting in that it seems that under Venky's, many Rovers' supporters have become more apathetic to what happens in general with Rovers.

Seems that it could be a 'banging your head against a brick wall' feeling in contrast to the previous regime, who were, sensibly, more sensitive and 'responsive' to the supporters.

1. It's a 'Them and us' feeling now. There is little remotely connected to Blackburn down there anymore.

2. People read between the lines of whats gone on behind the scenes and many can neither stomach nor support the treachery and deception.

3. Many people will not tolerate being embarrassed.

4 Even more will not tolerate being constantly lied to.

Allardyce wanted to do that too but was prevented by funds not being available. Man most wanted out incidentally was jason Roberts who now seems to be an integral part of the starting X1.... for some reason. <_<

Whilst we didn't need a whole new squad, they needed to learn to play football again. Something we never did under Allsy. His football and basing results on chance and luck is the reason we finished top half.

I'd take it. Who in their rightb minds wouldn't? Allardyce taught them to forget the disatrous passing game adopted by Ince and taught them how to win and pick up points. Numpty Keans abandoned that and we are back to losing football and spewing points week in week out. That is ALL that matters dubdubdub.

Allardyce's success and his record as the 4th longest serving Premier League manager is in no way down to 'chance and luck' that is for sure.

The squad he took over probably needed about three months for them to readjust their necks to be able to look at the ground.

Brilliant.. you honestly expected Sam with the funds he had and the squad we had to be able to play nice shiny passing football..

Not sure what planet your from but Sams whole mantra was percentage football, buying experience, not taking chances and not relying on luck.. while Kean is basing the whole future of Rovers on allot of Luck and chance that a bunch of cheap kids settle in instanly and turn out to be stars.

Brilliant.. you honestly expected Sam with the funds he had and the squad we had to be able to play nice shiny passing football..

Not sure what planet your from but Sams whole mantra was percentage football, buying experience, not taking chances and not relying on luck.. while Kean is basing the whole future of Rovers on allot of Luck and chance that a bunch of cheap kids settle in instanly and turn out to be stars.

sums it up nicely Veevs. I honestly cannot believe the tripe I read on here sometimes.

I'd take it. Who in their rightb minds wouldn't? Allardyce taught them to forget the disatrous passing game adopted by Ince and taught them how to win and pick up points. Numpty Keans abandoned that and we are back to losing football and spewing points week in week out. That is ALL that matters dubdubdub.

Allardyce's success and his record as the 4th longest serving Premier League manager is in no way down to 'chance and luck' that is for sure.

To true mate.. that same shiny football played under incey that returned with Kean.. great set of players to do it with as well with only Dunny really having any creativity and he was well out of shape second half of last season.

Yet another thing that worries me about Kean is his apparent insistance on training less which was mentioned in the podcast and as a general rumour.. would def explain the lack of organisation and communication within the team.. not to mention our awful record in the second half (where concentration levels seem to disappear and players tire quicker than they should) of matches under Kean.

Hang on a second, you can't say that Kean took over a top 10 side and ruined it, and at the same time conveniently forget that the side Allardyce took over had finished 7th the previous May. That's not to say Allardyce didn't do a great job - he did - or that Kean isn't sh*t - he is - but a sense of perspective wouldn't go a miss

Yet another thing that worries me about Kean is his apparent insistance on training less which was mentioned in the podcast and as a general rumour.. would def explain the lack of organisation and communication within the team.. not to mention our awful record in the second half (where concentration levels seem to disappear and players tire quicker than they should) of matches under Kean.

Being their previous coach, I bet Kean is fairly pally with most members of the squad and rarely realises the need to give them a rollicking.

Being their previous coach, I bet Kean is fairly pally with most members of the squad and rarely realises the need to give them a rollicking.

can't envisage the guy give a rollicking to anyone but young reserve players........imagine him letting rip at salgado at half time (fully deserved on recent performances) and salgado just putting on a "who are you" face then pointing at kean while looking at samba with a bemused face. You need to command even a slight modicom of respect for a rollicking to have any impact and i just don't see how anything this guy says can carry any weight with how he carries himself/conducts himself and on his record..

C'mon RTH. You know very well that Sam didn't take over the team that finished 7th.

I sometimes wonder what would have happened if he had - apart from Facebook imploding.

I was sure that in May 2008 we finished 7th (our 3rd top half finish in a row) and in December 2008 Big Sam took over after the Ince debacle :P

Archived