BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Steve Kean

Glenn

We're now had our worst start since the 1950s, but an improved performance and some bad luck. So how do people feel?  

784 members have voted

1. 1. Sack or Back

• Sack him now
    • Give him more time

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The problem we have is that if we lose the next couple of games, and Kean is given time, we will be less attractive to a new manager. At the moment, a manager can turn our form around, but give it a couple more games with no points, the managers won't want to come here.

Steve Kean has to go before it is too late.

The problem we have is that if we lose the next couple of games, and Kean is given time, we will be less attractive to a new manager. At the moment, a manager can turn our form around, but give it a couple more games with no points, the managers won't want to come here.

Steve Kean has to go before it is too late.

Plus if we continue to drop points or not pick up any at all, any new manager who may come in, will have to be very good (as we will be well off the pace therefore will need wins straight away).

Explain to me how Harford was 20th in the league after 11 games wit the following players?

Flowers

Kenna Berg Hendry Le Saux

Ripley Sherwood Flitcroft Wilcox

Gallacher Sutton

Every single player much much better then any player we have.

In Harfords last game in charge I was very happy we lost and that resulted in him being sacked and Parkes turned it all around.

Bad managers make losing a a habit.

Regardless of whether you like Kean or not, it would be a remarkable turn around now if we were to have a decent season with him as manager.

The club has lost the winning habit big time under his management, and taking his win/games ratio into account, it would take a fairly big uplift for us to finish the season comfortably.

We have to hope some of these new signings can make a decent impact over the next few weeks.

I wonder if 4 points out of 12 will be enough.

My advice to any team playing against Blackburn, target Salgado and you'll get chances (like they don't know that).

You've just cost us a place in the Premier League.

Win at Fulham, Win at Home to L'Arse and draw at Newk...lose to City.

I wonder if 4 points out of 12 will be enough.

My advice to any team playing against Blackburn, target Salgado and you'll get chances (like they don't know that).

It shouldn't be.

That would be 4 points from 7 games this season and 16 points from 21 games since 01 Feb.

Over a season, that trend would give us 29 points and the Championship.

He's had long enough - the time for change and the end to, IMO, p1ss poor management is now.

Explain to me how Harford was 20th in the league after 11 games wit the following players?

Flowers

Kenna Berg Hendry Le Saux

Ripley Sherwood Flitcroft Wilcox

Gallacher Sutton

Every single player much much better then any player we have.

In Harfords last game in charge I was very happy we lost and that resulted in him being sacked and Parkes turned it all around.

Bad managers make losing a a habit.

Saw TP at the driving range last week and he looked up for the challenge !!! He's forgotten more than the clown Kean ever knew about football.

my information is.. kean has the next 4 games to improve results.

fulham, a

arsenal, h

newc, a

city, h

sunday and the newcastle game represent kean's best chances of getting results IMO.

i think we'll win on sunday. ive seen their games so far.. and we've played better than fulham have (in the prem.. )

on kean contracts buying players silence.. people have a point.. i dont agree with it, but it goes on everywhere.

Then we are up the creek already. Bad results in those games and that will end Rovers in the prem, as we'd be too far behind. Keeping Kean on is too big a risk for the club to take. If this is what you have heard and it is from the owners, then it is bad news.

There's no way he'll retire just yet and Rovers are in talks to give him a new deal, don't know why as he's not had a decent spell in the team since he resigned. :(

First half of the season before last, which is probably the longest extended period without injury he's had since he came back, he was absolutely immense.

Didn't Harford win the Littlewood's Cup with (much-unfancied) Luton?

I think he suffered for being promoted from coach, that never really works (helllllllllllllllllllllllllllooooooooooooooooooooooooo?!) and also from the turmoil the club was going through.

Not a brilliant manager, but better than his record at Rovers suggested, and a sad end to his time at the club. In fact, I think he wanted to leave when Dalglish moved upstairs, but Jack begged him to stay.

Kean has to win the next 2 games otherwise he should be gone for me.

It's about time that Kean stop with the excuses and get some points on the board!!!

I really hope we win against Fulham!!!

Kean should have been sack this summer for sure!!!

We need a Proven PL manager in ASAP!!! I just hope if/when we sack him that we have spoke to potential replacements to be able to come in within a couple of days of his departure.

my information is.. kean has the next 4 games to improve results.

fulham, a

arsenal, h

newc, a

city, h

sunday and the newcastle game represent kean's best chances of getting results IMO.

i think we'll win on sunday. ive seen their games so far.. and we've played better than fulham have (in the prem.. )

on kean contracts buying players silence.. people have a point.. i dont agree with it, but it goes on everywhere.

If your information is correct then we are looking at another 12 points dropped.

The clown should have been gone last season. They can talk about four games all they like, lose against Fulham and there is going to be a serious backlash agains Kean.

It is such a joke that he is still manager, it sickens me.

I don't agree with "I hope we lose so Kean will get the sack" opinion but I agree with the "if we lose then he deserves to get the sack" opinion.

At the end of the day I cannot ever want us to lose so the manager will get sacked. If we win against Fulham will people want us to lose against Arsenal ? What happens if we win that as well ?

I also don't agree with the four game thing either.

I am hoping that he has to get a minimum of 4 points from the next 2 games. Anything less is not good enough regardless of performance or penalty box entries or injuries or dodgy ref decisions etc...

We need wins and points asap. No excuses.

Regardless of whether you like Kean or not, it would be a remarkable turn around now if we were to have a decent season with him as manager.

The club has lost the winning habit big time under his management, and taking his win/games ratio into account, it would take a fairly big uplift for us to finish the season comfortably.

We have to hope some of these new signings can make a decent impact over the next few weeks.

Exactly. The inner confidence and belief required to overcome obstacles and adversity has been eroded from the squad by the stupidity of the manager, his selections, tactics and lasting Rovers record. We look very fragile to me, concede and lose way too easily under Kean and unless he at lasts focuses on being hard to beat and obtains some clean sheets then nothing will change.

Thing is BPF, there won't be a backlash. Well there will be on brfcs, on the LT website, folk will have a grumble in the pubs and around town, but we start well against Arsenal? Not a peep.

It is depressing that you are entirely accurate with this. Under Venkys, it appears as though the fans are prepared to accept inevitable doom.

Thing is BPF, there won't be a backlash. Well there will be on brfcs, on the LT website, folk will have a grumble in the pubs and around town, but we start well against Arsenal? Not a peep.

I doubt we will start well against Arsenal MattyB, but when will the Rovers fans make their voice heard? I hope when they do they have not left it too late to make a difference.

It has already gone beyond a joke when our own fans are singing derogatory songs about our OWN manager, but seemingly no-one cares or is listening.

yeah I was thinking that too, but Kean is duluded and I really mean that, he will take every sitution and spin it.

I almost wonder if he would be able to spin a protest, and that would not happen until things get much worse.

"I understand fans are protesting but all I would ask is to look at the games, we have dominated games and not won and I hope that when we turn it around the same fans will be cheering for the team. When your team is playing well and losing it's hard to take but we are working on the training ground and we can pick up points from the next games, I think we will be ok after a fantastic summer of transfers, the spirit in the team is good and we are confident".

I think it is more how the fans react to the next adverse result that will define the timing of kean's near inevitable exit.

It feels like we are too punch drunk and bemused by the continuing farce to be able to give voice to the sort of reaction Ince was getting. Or perhaps we are all getting terribly polite in our dotage.

I wonder if Kean will manage to turn up for his sacking on time? Ince managed to arrive 90 minutes late for his by all accounts. However, it is a bit of a walk from Whalley to Brockhall so Kean would have an excuse for being late not forgetting the alcoholically spiked cornflakes.

• Backroom

It feels like we are too punch drunk and bemused by the continuing farce to be able to give voice to the sort of reaction Ince was getting. Or perhaps we are all getting terribly polite in our dotage.

From what I remember it was our away support that gave Ince a reaction... I don't remember there being much dissention at Ewood.

Many of the responses are very interesting in that it seems that under Venky's, many Rovers' supporters have become more apathetic to what happens in general with Rovers.

Seems that it could be a 'banging your head against a brick wall' feeling in contrast to the previous regime, who were, sensibly, more sensitive and 'responsive' to the supporters.

At the end of the day, supporters generally get the club that they deserve and at the moment it just feels that the majority are happy just to sleep walk into the abyss.

Many of the responses are very interesting in that it seems that under Venky's, many Rovers' supporters have become more apathetic to what happens in general with Rovers.

Seems that it could be a 'banging your head against a brick wall' feeling in contrast to the previous regime, who were, sensibly, more sensitive and 'responsive' to the supporters.

At the end of the day, supporters generally get the club that they deserve and at the moment it just feels that the majority are happy just to sleep walk into the abyss.

I'm certainly not happy to walk into any abyss. I wanted to keep Kean during the transfer window because logic told me it would have been stupid to sack a manager when trying to bring in players. Overall I was happy with the business we did.

As for now, based on the Everton game, I think we played some decent football and deserved a win. I know you can't base anything on one game but i'd like to give the guy a game or two to try and turn it around now he has his team.

Obviously if we lose a few then i'll agree that he has to go.

There's a balance with regards to sacking him. Too soon when the team may be turning a corner and we lose out...too late and we don't and we lose points.

• Backroom

As for now, based on the Everton game, I think we played some decent football and deserved a win. I know you can't base anything on one game but i'd like to give the guy a game or two to try and turn it around now he has his team.

The problem I have with this "his team" stuff is that he hasn't been playing his new signings anyway. Against Everton he started with the same old team, he only brought on the new players because he was forced to. I'm not convinced he'll drop the old players.

Archived